SportsWrath

You know what? Still don't care.

Sephiroth

So I casually surfed on over to NFL.com today to try and pique my appetite for football since I seem to care more about the dog agility contest than the NFL these days.

What did I get?

"Plaxico Buress says his relationship with Coughlin was 'chilly." Maybe that's because you're a problem-child asshole, Plax? However, he'd love to play for the Jets... yeah, the frat-boy environment is the perfect remedy for an over-the-hiller that's just been released from prison.

Still no agreement between the millionaire players and the billionaire owners, since both are obviously overworked and underpaid and their respective salaries just aren't fair.

The Giants' complete and utter collapse vs. the Eagles is the #1 game of last year... which reminds me that we did nothing in the offseason to remedy our annual second-half season disasters and first-round playoff losses to the Eagles and Panthers. Can't wait to see how the team blows it this year with no training camp.

Yeah, I really have nothing football-wise to be excited about. I think I'm going to start watching college ball. :TD:

I still have NFL.com open every morning and the NFL network going on the TV.

I could care less about the lock out but I still love the sport. Not to mention the CFL is starting in a day or two so I could care less about the NFL getting a deal done for the next five months.

You could try to reason with a guy like Burress till you are blue in the face. Its like me saying "my boss gets uptight with me.....whenever I'm late with a report...." Burress' own mother made a statement about her son...a few years before she died when she stated that he is sometimes oppositional and defiant for no reason at all. Just because. So you have a rules minded authoritarian coach and an anti-authority rebel without a cause....well I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Not touting The Prostitute (Parcells) but Burress would have prospered underneath him as it pertains to the game (see L.T.) but I think he will prosper after football because of a coach like Coughlin who did not buy into his bullshit. Parcells was good at mind games and massaging egos in terms of the game. However in the greater scheme of things I think L.T. would be in a better place now if he had a Coughlin type on his ass for a significant part of his career rather than enablers.

After the Mayor of New York made it his personal mission to send Plaxico behind bars, I really can't blame the guy for saying "fuck you, New York, I'm out of here."

But I'm with you Seph.....I don't even think I have an NFL pulse right now. I could very easily spend my Sundays this fall riding my mountain bike or reading a book.

So I casually surfed on over to NFL.com today to try and pique my appetite for football since I seem to care more about the dog agility contest than the NFL these days.

What did I get?

"Plaxico Buress says his relationship with Coughlin was 'chilly." Maybe that's because you're a problem-child asshole, Plax? However, he'd love to play for the Jets... yeah, the frat-boy environment is the perfect remedy for an over-the-hiller that's just been released from prison.

Still no agreement between the millionaire players and the billionaire owners, since both are obviously overworked and underpaid and their respective salaries just aren't fair.

The Giants' complete and utter collapse vs. the Eagles is the #1 game of last year... which reminds me that we did nothing in the offseason to remedy our annual second-half season disasters and first-round playoff losses to the Eagles and Panthers. Can't wait to see how the team blows it this year with no training camp.

Yeah, I really have nothing football-wise to be excited about. I think I'm going to start watching college ball. :TD:

What are you talking about!? We shored up our 2nd best position (next to the dline) while ignoring our aging offensive line, inconsistent linebackers, and inconsistent running backs! Hell, I'm surprised we didn't draft another wide receiver in the first 3 rounds! Oh wait....we did.

Sorry, I'm still bitter we didn't shore up our real weaknesses.

What are you talking about!? We shored up our 2nd best position (next to the dline) while ignoring our aging offensive line, inconsistent linebackers, and inconsistent running backs! Hell, I'm surprised we didn't draft another wide receiver in the first 3 rounds! Oh wait....we did.

Sorry, I'm still bitter we didn't shore up our real weaknesses.

wait, isn't it stupid to discuss this when there hasn't been fa, and there's not going to be a season?

:smartass:

:confused:

Why? Maybe he wants to prove that he can handle the big city havoc now.

why would he want to put that pressure on himself?

he's better off completely changing his lifestyle, new friends, new habits.

he needs to worry bout proving he can still run and catch, not still goto the club without a firearm.

why would he want to put that pressure on himself?

he's better off completely changing his lifestyle, new friends, new habits.

he needs to worry bout proving he can still run and catch, not still goto the club without a firearm.

Thank you Daddy Burress, Im sure Plax is glad he has you as a mentor. :rolleyes:

So many things he could prove, and your stuck on the firearm incident. lol

Thank you Daddy Burress, Im sure Plax is glad he has you as a mentor. :rolleyes:

So many things he could prove, and your stuck on the firearm incident. lol

hey i'm saying that not as a hater but as a human being. football should be the least of his worries considering he has a family.

hey i'm saying that not as a hater but as a human being. football should be the least of his worries considering he has a family.

True, but Plaxs gun accidentally went off. Everyone carries a gun, esp. atheletes. What he did wrong was a paperwork issue. Not like Vick who REALLY needed rehabilitation. He just needs to know he cant carry a concealed weapon in NY. Other than that, he's fine.

True, but Plaxs gun accidentally went off. Everyone carries a gun, esp. atheletes. What he did wrong was a paperwork issue. Not like Vick who REALLY needed rehabilitation. He just needs to know he cant carry a concealed weapon in NY. Other than that, he's fine.

if you say so.

If someone tells you to jump off a cliff, do you do it?

Think for yourself putz, dont let bloomberg and the rest of your bandwaggony cowboy fans friends think for ya.

blue, i do think plax would be better off out of NY. I've been saying that all along. That I don't see why he'd want to stay here.

He can go to a smaller market and bathe in obscurity while he works out his game. The NY Post is relentless about chasing stories like this. He'd not

have a moment's peace off the field.

blue, i do think plax would be better off out of NY. I've been saying that all along. That I don't see why he'd want to stay here.

He can go to a smaller market and bathe in obscurity while he works out his game. The NY Post is relentless about chasing stories like this. He'd not

have a moment's peace off the field.

Very true blu, but to truly know youve been rehablitated is to face those same demons and conquer them. At least I feel thats the way hes looking at the situation. Especially since he mentioned goin to the Jets.

Very true blu, but to truly know youve been rehablitated is to face those same demons and conquer them. At least I feel thats the way hes looking at the situation. Especially since he mentioned goin to the Jets.

To me it means he hasn't learned shit.

my point exactly. thank you

in this case his 'demons' are his selfishness, stupidity, and bad attitude.

i hope for his family's sake he has changed

See, be more clear. Youre talking his attitude when at practice, games etc? Yeah, he had that problem in PITT too. But the incident that he got jailed for was a paperwork issue. He didnt do anything bad. So why wouldnt he want to return to the bright lights of the big city?

See, be more clear. Youre talking his attitude when at practice, games etc? Yeah, he had that problem in PITT too. But the incident that he got jailed for was a paperwork issue. He didnt do anything bad. So why wouldnt he want to return to the bright lights of the big city?

right just a paperwork issue. from florida. he's a complete victim

listen to your buddy.

right just a paperwork issue. from florida. he's a complete victim

listen to your buddy.

I dont listen to anyone.

He has a house in FL. This incident happened in NY. Google that numnuts. What he did was carry a concelaed weapon wothout registering it. Far cry from what Vick did.

I dont listen to anyone.

He has a house in FL. This incident happened in NY. Google that numnuts. What he did was carry a concelaed weapon wothout registering it. Far cry from what Vick did.

ha you say that like it's a good thing. listen to your buddy.

i never said he was vick did i

ha you say that like it's a good thing. listen to your buddy.

i never said he was vick did i

Then what in the hell does playing in NY have to do with being selfish and having a bad attitude? He had that in PITT.