SportsWrath

Eagles not interested in Plaxico

JMFP

The Eagles are not interested in Plaxico Burress.

That is the word from an Associated Press report citing "a person familiar with the team's thinking'' stating Burress is not in the Eagles plans for this season.

Burress on Monday was released from jail after a 20-month incarceration at Oneida Correctional Facility in Rome, N.Y. Speculation started immediately about his next NFL destination, and the Eagles were considered a likely next stop for the towering receiver.

Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, who like Burress spent time in prison, has outwardly lobbied for his team to sign Burress.

Eagles coach Andy Reid at a team charity event was vague when discussing Burress.

"I know him. I've known Plaxico," Reid told reporters, "but listen, I haven't even looked at that. We're not there yet. There's nothing you can do. It's like any of the other free agents, there's nothing you can do there."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/eagles_not_interested_in_burress_vdsaSFoMqVkDb7Wnv7mi6M#ixzz1Otk3041d

I'd be more worried about the fact the Eagles have bitch slapped the Giants around the last five years.

That last game destroyed my nerve endings, so I can't feel the pain anymore.

All this Burress speculation is so stupid anyway. NO ONE CAN SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS. And of course they aren't gonna be like, "yah, as soon as we can, we're signing him". Teams NEVER do that.

All this Burress speculation is so stupid anyway. NO ONE CAN SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS. And of course they aren't gonna be like, "yah, as soon as we can, we're signing him". Teams NEVER do that.

isn't it supposed to say "it doesn't matter since there won't be football this year"? or did you gain some hope?

isn't it supposed to say "it doesn't matter since there won't be football this year"? or did you gain some hope?

lol...I figured people would start to tire of that response, so I reworded it....but still, rarely do you hear about a team being like, "yes, we are totally interested in Free Agent X and when Free Agency starts, we will look to sign Free Agent X." The fact that they "say" they aren't interested isn't really all that surprising.

When and if the season starts I don't think there will be much interest for Buress from any team. Old misbehaving WRs just released from jail aren't what NFL teams are ever looking for. If he does land on a team it will be for a minimum contract where he has to compete to stay on the roster.