SportsWrath

cofield

boohyah

Bernard played well for us last year. He sucked in 2009, but last year, he played well when he was out there. He's been a quality football player for many years, I wouldn't be dismissive of him if there is a significant cap hit. I still think he could give us good depth.

allstarjim, I was beginning to think I was the only one that noticed.

allstarjim, I was beginning to think I was the only one that noticed.

no i was about to say the same thing, bernard was good for us last year.

its like some just remember 2009 and carry it over to 2010.

Maybe, we get another guy from Seattle in Brandon Mebane. If Coefield goes, the Giants seem to like to draft guys on the front four especially and build through that. So another free agent option would not be in the works I don't think.

2009 was pretty damn bad.

But it just goes to show, you can't always judge a guy by his first year on a new team. Throw in a few injuries, and there you go.. Rocky Bernard (& Chris Canty), 2009.

If they dumped the cash on Cofield instead of Bernard, I believe the 2011 season would look a bit more optimistic for the defensive line. Bernard had a better year than 2009 but Cofield was once again the best player on the field if you compared the two.

Linval spent most of 2010 on the bench which should encourage every Giants fan as much as the great Jonas Seawright did.

If they dumped the cash on Cofield instead of Bernard, I believe the 2011 season would look a bit more optimistic for the defensive line. Bernard had a better year than 2009 but Cofield was once again the best player on the field if you compared the two.

Linval spent most of 2010 on the bench which should encourage every Giants fan as much as the great Jonas Seawright did.

YES SIRRRRRRRRR..... question is.. how can we maintain cofield?? trade bernard for picks?