SportsWrath

Is the NFL going to use replacement players?

JackStroud

I remember in the last "strike" year the NFL resorted to replacement players

We hired a bunch of joe shmoes, and The Cowboys went out and hired the best non-NFL football talent money could buy

Is this a possibility this time around...........does anyone know for sure

The Giants apparently will not even force their regular season ticket holders to pay or come to these games if they take place :rolleyes:

As long as there is no NFL union the owners can not sign anyone to their team, even if they are "replacement" players.

It's why there have been no free agent signings since the union dissolved, which makes draft picks all the more important this year since you cant package players for trades this year as well.

We hired a bunch of joe shmoes, and The Cowboys went out and hired the best non-NFL football talent money could buy

The Giants apparently will not even force their regular season ticket holders to pay or come to these games if they take place :rolleyes:

but they finished 7-8 and redskins won the division and eventually the SB. I think the 49ers had the best replacement players.

I think they should hire fans to play....like a beer league.

I might actually watch that.

No, no you wouldn't. It'd be like the XFL, entertaining for a game or two and then you'd rather gouge your eyes out with a rusty spoon. Something I have been wondering is if players can sign with other leagues like the AFL or UFL. Is the AFL still running?

This isn't a strike. The owners locked the players out.

No, no you wouldn't. It'd be like the XFL, entertaining for a game or two and then you'd rather gouge your eyes out with a rusty spoon. Something I have been wondering is if players can sign with other leagues like the AFL or UFL. Is the AFL still running?

There are 2 players (I can't remember who) who have signed with the Arena league, so I'm guessing the players can do whatever they want as long as it's non-NFL related.

There are 2 players (I can't remember who) who have signed with the Arena league, so I'm guessing the players can do whatever they want as long as it's non-NFL related.

This is why I wondering because I have read about a few players participating in other sports. The CFL actually would be a great place to go but the rules are so different I don't think it would easy for most players (Ricky didn't do so well).

This is why I wondering because I have read about a few players participating in other sports. The CFL actually would be a great place to go but the rules are so different I don't think it would easy for most players (Ricky didn't do so well).

These are NFL professionals. They've got game. Hell, they're game wizards. I think they can handle the CFL. Besides, Ricky was on the Ganja at the time, wasn't he?

These are NFL professionals. They've got game. Hell, they're game wizards. I think they can handle the CFL. Besides, Ricky was on the Ganja at the time, wasn't he?

Yeah but he always was on pot. The CFL game is very different from the NFL game and wouldn't be a quick pickup. I also see what you did there but I assure you there are no shenanigans.

Yeah but he always was on pot. The CFL game is very different from the NFL game and wouldn't be a quick pickup. I also see what you did there but I assure you there are no shenanigans.

To be honest, other than the occasional ESPN highlight I've never seen a single down of CFL football. It looks the same so I just assumed it was played the same. To answer your question though, I think it would be safe to assume that if NFL players wanted to head north, they absolutely could unless their contracts were holding them here. Come to think of it, if the owners have locked the players out, and the players union has disbanded, would that void every players contract?

To be honest, other than the occasional ESPN highlight I've never seen a single down of CFL football. It looks the same so I just assumed it was played the same. To answer your question though, I think it would be safe to assume that if NFL players wanted to head north, they absolutely could unless their contracts were holding them here. Come to think of it, if the owners have locked the players out, and the players union has disbanded, would that void every players contract?

Wider, longer field. 5 downs too.

Wider, longer field. 5 downs too.

3 downs. 12 players on the field. WRs can get a running start before the snap. D-line has to line up a yard off the ball.

Quite a few differences, would love to see some NFL guys in the CFL though.