SportsWrath

So....Who's Getting the Franchise Tag for the Giants???

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Who do you want to get the franchise tag, and who do you think will get the franchise tag?

I say Bradshaw gets the tag.........but I hope they use it on Cofield. Cofield is the most underrated player on the entire team.

No one. Have the Giants ever used the tag? I'm pretty sure they haven't. The top results on NY Giants Franchise Tag on google all are about supporting the idea of tagging Bradshaw and there is a single reference to the Jets tagging Harris.

Bingo. :TU:

Title should have been "If the Giants knew what the franchise tag is who should they use it on". Smith deserves it but won't happen.

No one. Have the Giants ever used the tag? I'm pretty sure they haven't. The top results on NY Giants Franchise Tag on google all are about supporting the idea of tagging Bradshaw and there is a single reference to the Jets tagging Harris.

They used it on Jacobs when he was a free agent after the 2008 season.

Steve Smith will probably get it because Bradshaw certainly doesn't need it and management said its goodbyes to Cofield last year. Pretty sad to watch Cofield getting shown the door. I wouldn't pay Bradshaw in the top 10, nevermind the top 5 of RB's.

Guest StrahansGap

How nobody besides me is talking about Cofield is beyond me. The guy is legit. Lets look past the flashiness and the stats and really look at who the most solid player on this team is. Besides Snee, I think Cofield takes the cake.....

Doesn't score enough touchdowns for it?

If you think Steve Smith is better than: Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings and even Brandon Marshall...I'd have to seriously consider your football acumen.

Don't get me wrong...I love the guy...he's probably the best slot receiver in game..but to pay him top 5 money is kinda crazy if you ask me.

If you think Steve Smith is better than: Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings and even Brandon Marshall...I'd have to seriously consider your football acumen.

Don't get me wrong...I love the guy...he's probably the best slot receiver in game..but to pay him top 5 money is kinda crazy if you ask me.

Edit: Didn't see your post higher up.

I don't think he's better than any of those guys. Now do you think Steve Smith is as important to this team as those guys are to their teams?

I don't think he's better than any of those guys. Now do you think Steve Smith is as important to this team as those guys are to their teams?

Also with the franchise tag you can just use it until you get a contract worked out so you don't have to pay them top 5. Although there is the gamble that they'd refuse a new contract and just want the top 5 for 1 year contract. Considering the Giants have made no real attempt to sign Smith I think they don't care if he walks. To be honest with how cheap the Giants have been this season I think they don't care if all the FAs walk.

What makes you think they don't plan on re-signing Steve Smith? Remember this is a year different from the previous ones. Who's gotten a long term contract in the past two years? Reese isn't handing out any until the CBA is settled.

Also with the franchise tag you can just use it until you get a contract worked out so you don't have to pay them top 5. Although there is the gamble that they'd refuse a new contract and just want the top 5 for 1 year contract. Considering the Giants have made no real attempt to sign Smith I think they don't care if he walks. To be honest with how cheap the Giants have been this season I think they don't care if all the FAs walk.

What makes you think they don't plan on re-signing Steve Smith? Remember this is a year different from the previous ones. Who's gotten a long term contract in the past two years? Reese isn't handing out any until the CBA is settled.

Many teams have signed players to long term contracts and franchised players; except the Giants it seems. I understand the CBA issue but it's a bullshit excuse.

Can you give examples of their alleged cheapness?