SportsWrath

Who is better Rogers or Eli?

JackStroud

very true, jack. people tend to forget those errant passes that a receiver made a play on- or those prayers that are caught.

yes I agree just like team records bad luck games are canceled out by games where the ball bounces your way

All this Rodgers worship is making me nauseous......If we don't drop a few fumbles or if our special teams were populated with our better athletes and coached better GB would never have sniffed the SB.

One final time....

If you are going to attempt to advance your argument based upon a lie, then there is nothing further to discuss.

I'm sorry it has come to this...but your rhetoric has become Boltonesque.

michael-bolton-mullet.xlarge.jpg

fine, the dog will correct it (just to erase your weak attempt to distract from the basis of your bizzarre argument)...here you go:

when you start reaching and comparing which team was the better opponent in the super bowl in a three year time span in order to bolster your ever weakening argument that eli is AS GOOD AS rodgers now, you are desperate. you are the only one bringing up the 2007 super bowl in order to say that eli manning is better than rodgers in 2010.

hope that makes it better for you...

yes I agree just like team records bad luck games are canceled out by games where the ball bounces your way

All this Rodgers worship is making me nauseous......If we don't drop a few fumbles or if our special teams were populated with our better athletes and coached better GB would never have sniffed the SB.

A "few" fumbles, a "few" interceptions here and there as well, hell, who's even counting when you're QB alone is averaging nearly 2 turnovers a game (25 ints, 5 fumbles) :rolleyes:

I don't care how many touchdown passes Eli throws, when he turns the ball over nearly as many times as he throws touchdown passes, it isn't going to matter. This alone puts Rodgers head and shoulders above Manning and it doesn't even factor in Rodgers superior athletic ability and decision making.

The fact that anybody can even attempt to make the argument that Eli Manning even belongs in the same sentence as Aaron Rodgers is laughable.

how was Eli's TD to INT ratio the year before when he had Steve Smith? :smartass:

Oh but we have the great and ever-confused Hakeem Nicks! :rolleyes:

Mario Manningham is as reliable a wide receiver as Steve Smith, anyway. And a better big play threat, to boot.

Rodgers had a nice playoff run and he is an elite QB. I am glad he shut up his critics and the guys in the media who wanted to crucify Ted Thompson for kicking The almighty Favre out the door. They talked about how Rodgers never won a playoff game before the year and I wanted to say he has played two years as the starter, in his third he won the super bowl that's impressive. He is finally getting his just due, thats all it is. Still being a major homer we are stuck with Eli for better or for worse and I am fine with it.

I said this....

I've got it this way:

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Ben Rothlisberger

Eli Manning

Which you read as this.....

you are the only one bringing up the 2007 super bowl in order to say that eli manning is better than rodgers in 2010.

Carol, please, help the Dog out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drW7jtXjApE

I said this....

Which you read as this.....

Carol, please, help the Dog out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drW7jtXjApE

again, you also argue as the dog corrected to satisfy you, that eli is in the same conversation as rodgers, and are going as far as to compare the 2007 patriots to the 2010 steelers in order to support your argument. distract from that all you want, that is a depserate attempt (as was your effort to spin eli into an "elite" status by changing your catagories and putting brees, peyton, and brady into the "beyond elite" status....ha ha ha ha...very comical). the dog pities you. sadly, you are so hell-bent on elevating little eli to something he isn't because of some odd obsession/crush that it is taking away from anything you have to say that could make sense. eli is a solid qb. that's about as far as it goes. rodgers is currently better. say what you want, if someone offered you a team and it needed a starting QB, and you could select rodgers or eli, if you want the best chance at winning consistently, you are taking rodgers everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

Oh but we have the great and ever-confused Hakeem Nicks! :rolleyes:

Mario Manningham is as reliable a wide receiver as Steve Smith, anyway. And a better big play threat, to boot.

You cannot come to grips with the fact Eli had a great year in 2009 can you.........in fact a better year than Rodgers had in 2010. How did he do that in 2009

Was he using a body double?

You cannot come to grips with the fact Eli had a great year in 2009 can you.........in fact a better year than Rodgers had in 2010. How did he do that in 2009

and I don't think Manningham is close to Steve Smith, not when it comes to running routes,Steve has much better hands and Steve holds on to the ball. Manningham can hit the big play, but he can't do the small thing well like Steve Smith. Steve was Mr. Third down conversion in 2009. If Steve Smith played against the Eagles we convert third downs and keep the Eagles (score anytime in a hurry offense,) off the field

I don't think that's the point. We're talking about who's the better quarterback. Not who had a good year in 2009.

jack, again with all due respect, arron rodgers had a better year than eli in 2009 in all passing categories, and he lead his team to the playoffs...the dog isn't sure what you are basing this stuff on. in fact, since becoming a starter, rodgers has outperformed eli every year statistically, and twice in three years out of wins and playoff appearances. if you want to compare eli in 2009 vs rodgers in 2010, aside from passing yards which was very close, rodgers threw more tds, fewer picks, had a higher completion percentage, and in was all around better.

you and joe need to exchange numbers and just keep the eli love to a private conversation...it is moving beyond disturbing to just plain gross...

jack, again with all due respect, arron rodgers had a better year than eli in 2009 in all passing categories, and he lead his team to the playoffs...the dog isn't sure what you are basing this stuff on. in fact, since becoming a starter, rodgers has outperformed eli every year statistically, and twice in three years out of wins and playoff appearances. if you want to compare eli in 2009 vs rodgers in 2010, aside from passing yards which was very close, rodgers threw more tds, fewer picks, had a higher completion percentage, and in was all around better.

you and joe need to exchange numbers and just keep the eli love to a private conversation...it is moving beyond disturbing to just plain gross...

I'm just trying Jack Nicholson famously said "cannot handle the truth"

When the Giants are clicking borth QBs are very comparable. Eli has better touch "pace" on his throws and probably reads defenses better......Rodgers can thread the needle better but thats a dangerous talent.........reminds me of Brett the INT machine Favre.....threading the needle eventually leads to disaster.

Threading the needle also leads to dropped passes as we saw in the SB....the ball is coming too fast and the receivers vision is often blocked before the ball arrives.

Give me a QB who consistently finds the open man ala Joe Montana any day.......when Steve Smith is on the field Eli is that kind of QB.

Failure to re-sign Smith will be a monumental mistake.....his routes are extremely precise and he is wide open over the middle much like that guy in NE

He is definitely a Brah who missed most of high school English with his he be, we be, she be conversational style. Generally an indicator of ignorance.

Yet, because he is an all world athlete...he went to a better university than I did...and I was an athlete as well.

Yet, because he is an all world athlete...he went to a better university than I did...and I was an athlete as well.

And that is the travesty that is most college athletics. Instead of having an actual non-school related feeder system as is found in baseball where some Dominican kid who can't write his name in Spanish much less speak it properly nor understand how to say Hi in English is able to get a JOB as a baseball player in training in the minor leagues and perhaps if he is good enough make the majors.

Whereas for football and basketball we have this artificial bullshit where you have a majority of players whatever the ethnicity totally unprepared for the academic side of college being put forth as student athletes. And GOD forbid :rolleyes: that they earn 50 cents much less a dollar while they are still so-called student athletes. The NFL and NBA have the best as in free farm system in the whole fucking entire world. The NBA is more ashamed of its use whereas the NFL (e.g. the commissioner and owners) still spout loud and clear this bullshit about student athletes. Its such a farce; but one where they make oodles of cash from by not paying minor league salaries/benefits.

I don't blame the athlete in so much as I blame the fucking system. Manningham being a dumbass should be neither here nor there. If he wanted to be a student athlete he should be allowed to go to any university and face the same rigorous standards. However if like the majority of kids he is under educated and wants to earn a living prior for the hoped for big league contract; I say he should have that option as well.

again, you also argue as the dog corrected to satisfy you, that eli is in the same conversation as rodgers, and are going as far as to compare the 2007 patriots to the 2010 steelers in order to support your argument. distract from that all you want, that is a depserate attempt (as was your effort to spin eli into an "elite" status by changing your catagories and putting brees, peyton, and brady into the "beyond elite" status....ha ha ha ha...very comical). the dog pities you. sadly, you are so hell-bent on elevating little eli to something he isn't because of some odd obsession/crush that it is taking away from anything you have to say that could make sense. eli is a solid qb. that's about as far as it goes. rodgers is currently better. say what you want, if someone offered you a team and it needed a starting QB, and you could select rodgers or eli, if you want the best chance at winning consistently, you are taking rodgers everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

I believe Eli and Rodgers are comparable QBs. I think this is either the 4th or 5th time where I'll say that I would rank Rodgers higher than Eli.

I've never compared Eli to Peyton or Brady, as I feel Peyton and Brady are Hall of Fame QBs. I'm sorry that you cannot make the distinction between a Hall of Fame player and an elite player.

I also believe that Eli defeated a far stronger Super Bowl opponent. The 2007 Patriots were on a different planet than the 2010 Steelers. I don't think this requires imagination, but rather, an ability to read NFL stats.

Seriously, I don't understand your obsession with degrading Eli Manning's accomplishments. You'd have me believe Eli is the next Babe Laufenberg.

Now you're wondering into Jack territory. Mario doesn't have half the hands Steve does.

I had no idea of this.

I am now very impressed with Mario, much more than ever. Imagine catching all those passes and only has 1 hand.

aja, I agree with you Tree.

I believe Eli and Rodgers are comparable QBs. I think this is either the 4th or 5th time where I'll say that I would rank Rodgers higher than Eli.

I've never compared Eli to Peyton or Brady, as I feel Peyton and Brady are Hall of Fame QBs. I'm sorry that you cannot make the distinction between a Hall of Fame player and an elite player.

I also believe that Eli defeated a far stronger Super Bowl opponent. The 2007 Patriots were on a different planet than the 2010 Steelers. I don't think this requires imagination, but rather, an ability to read NFL stats.

Seriously, I don't understand your obsession with degrading Eli Manning's accomplishments. You'd have me believe Eli is the next Babe Laufenberg.

You can't even compare the Steelers defense to the Patriots defense of 07. The Steelers defense was much, much better. Patriots offense was a lot better than the Steelers offense, though, I'll give ya that.

there is no difference between hall of fame and elite because they are one in the same. the dog doesn't degrade eli, the dog is realistic about eli. he is solid. that is it. you tend to want to make him more than he is. the dog supposses this stems from the fact that he raised his own bar by pulling what he did draft day and the giants then in turn giving up so much for him. at that point, the expectation was for him to be elite...it hasn't played out that way, but that doesn't mean he is not a solid NFL qb...you just don't want to accept him for what it is.

i don't know about all this elite stuff. On the radio this week, Dan Patrick was asking Charles Barkley who he'd want to take the last shot when you

needed a 3. He said without hesitation, Reggie Miller. (I agree, btw- even though I despised him).

If you ask me who I'd want to run the last drive, eli would be in the top 5. Let's see

1.Elway

2. Montana

3. Favre

4. Eli Manning

5. Marino