brees

ben

rivers

palmer

ryan

bradford (because of his age)

cutler

I'll give you the bolded one.

Your kidding yourself if Manning isn't better than Carson Palmer (what the fuck? What has he ever won?), Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford and Jay Cutler.

Guest StrahansGap

I'll give you the bolded one.

Your kidding yourself if Manning isn't better than Carson Palmer (what the fuck? What has he ever won?), Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford and Jay Cutler.

What has Palmer won? Nothing. But stats don't lie. Check them out for yourself. Palmer has more completions with less attempts, a better completion %, more total passing yards, 2 less touchdowns and 3 less INT's. But keep in mind, Palmer player 4 games one year due to a bad injury. If he had played a full season that year, Palmers numbers would be FAR better than Eli's. Matt Ryan was ridiculously good this year. Bradford is 23 years old and very good and won a lot more games than expected on a shitty team (A great leader and he passed Peyton for most completions in a rookie year [a 12 year record]). The only one you might have me on is Cutler, but only because he's a fucking head case (but let's not forget that he's playing next Sunday).

What has Palmer won? Nothing. But stats don't lie. Check them out for yourself. Palmer has more completions with less attempts, a better completion %, more total passing yards, 2 less touchdowns and 3 less INT's. But keep in mind, Palmer player 4 games one year due to a bad injury. If he had played a full season that year, Palmers numbers would be FAR better than Eli's. Matt Ryan was ridiculously good this year. Bradford is 23 years old and very good and won a lot more games than expected on a shitty team (A great leader and he passed Peyton for most completions in a rookie year [a 12 year record]). The only one you might have me on is Cutler, but only because he's a fucking head case (but let's not forget that he's playing next Sunday).

Carson Palmer and Sam Bradford are not better than Eli Manning.

Just because Eli is the best QB we've had since Kennel, Brown, Hoss, Collins and all the other rejects, doesn't mean we should be satisfied with him now. This is the entire point. Management blew their load on Eli after the Superbowl win. Why does Eli get a pass all the time? Because of one Superbowl win?

I love this franchise, and I love the Mara's. I understand the loyalty here. What would people say if the Mara's said "OK Eli, we appreciate the ring but we're going to let you go because you suck now". I understand it. But the entire franchise is starting to suffer because of this loyalty. Much like how the Yankees suffered by staying loyal to Joe Torre in his last few seasons there. Sooner or later you're going to have to pull the plug. If Eli doesn't step up and be a vocal leader of this team next year and cut down on those turnovers and stop his "aww shucks" attitude and show some heart and pride (like the other QB that plays in the Meadowlands), they should start thinking of some alternatives. There are about 9-10 QB's in the NFL right now that I would rather have. Sorry, I never liked the guy and I never will.

Tell you what....if thats the worst that his biggest critic can say, that there are 9 or 10 guys who are better, we should be damn happy to have Eli.

Unrealistically:

brady

peyton

rodgers

brees

ben

rivers

palmer

ryan

bradford (because of his age)

cutler

Again, I'd only put Brady, Peyton, and Brees above Eli. Ben is really good but is a douche who can't keep his dick in his pants (in addition to the sex abuse charges let's not forget he missed time for not wearing a motorcycle helmet). Rivers and Cutler are talented headcases who would crumble in the NYC spotlight after their first 3-pick performances and to this point haven't shown the leadership to really win anything. Rodgers looks awesome, but concussions and a string of other injuries are troubling.

And dude... Palmer? Bradford? Seriously... it's a joke, right?

don't you think coughlin has a say in that? maybe a little? rolleyes.gif

Yes, which is why I was pushing for a change to Cowher this offseason. Cough is too loyal to his assistants... hell... didn't he have to be forced by management to drop Tim Lewis? :huh:

Read it again in context. I'm not comparing Torre to Eli. It's about the negative effects of too much loyalty.

I understand....my point is that I totally disagree that Torre should have been shown the door.

Winning a championship in any sport is simply not easy. It takes a lot of luck, and a great team. But in the case of Eli, or Joe Torre, it means that they are capable of going all the way.

Do I think Aaron Rodgers, for example, is capable of winning the Super Bowl?.....yes.

Has he?.....no.

Has Eli?.....yes.

Therefore, I think he deserves loyalty. Since his rookie year, he's passed for a ton of yards, a ton of TDs, won a ton of games, and a Super Bowl, he hasn't missed a single game, and we haven't had a losing season.

And yet somehow, he's made out to be another Steve DeBerg.....unbelievable.

Yes, which is why I was pushing for a change to Cowher this offseason. Cough is too loyal to his assistants... hell... didn't he have to be forced by management to drop Tim Lewis? :huh:

This was in reference to your blaming Gilbride for over complicating Eli's reads. I don't think it's that complicated. It's usually run or pass and blitz reads. I agree though that sometimes the situation calls for a " this is what we're running, try and stop us" offense and eli does seem to excel at that.

and that it was lacking this year compared to past.

This was in reference to your blaming Gilbride for over complicating Eli's reads. I don't think it's that complicated. It's usually run or pass and blitz reads. I agree though that sometimes the situation calls for a " this is what we're running, try and stop us" offense and eli does seem to excel at that.

and that it was lacking this year compared to past.

Reminds me of that 2008 season, when the Giants played the Ravens. The Ravens knew the Giants were going to run, and it didn't matter.

After that game, I really thought they had a chance to repeat.

I understand....my point is that I totally disagree that Torre should have been shown the door.

Winning a championship in any sport is simply not easy. It takes a lot of luck, and a great team. But in the case of Eli, or Joe Torre, it means that they are capable of going all the way.

Do I think Aaron Rodgers, for example, is capable of winning the Super Bowl?.....yes.

Has he?.....no.

Has Eli?.....yes.

Therefore, I think he deserves loyalty. Since his rookie year, he's passed for a ton of yards, a ton of TDs, won a ton of games, and a Super Bowl, he hasn't missed a single game, and we haven't had a losing season.

And yet somehow, he's made out to be another Steve DeBerg.....unbelievable.

Exactly.

Fair Enough analysis. Eli is far better than the negative stats indicate this year - all thanks to injuries to half his WR core and Gilfuck's fucked up playcalling in fucked up situations. A Healthy OL first and everything else falls into place. We didnt have that. The running game was inconsistent. We just never got into rhythm and held on - injury, boneheaded mistakes, inept playcalling, defensive collapses etc kept us off balance. And the Eagles debacle deflated us completely. I really dont know what we need next draft - stud OL guy, stud RB, stud LB?

Fair Enough analysis. Eli is far better than the negative stats indicate this year - all thanks to injuries to half his WR core and Gilfuck's fucked up playcalling in fucked up situations. A Healthy OL first and everything else falls into place. We didnt have that. The running game was inconsistent. We just never got into rhythm and held on - injury, boneheaded mistakes, inept playcalling, defensive collapses etc kept us off balance. And the Eagles debacle deflated us completely. I really dont know what we need next draft - stud OL guy, stud RB, stud LB?

LB... this team NEEDS an LT, Ulracher, Ray Lewis... a franchise MLB.

These are still just excuses for a quarterback giving the ball away THIRTY TIMES.

Once again. Nicks and Manningham were together for most of the season. That's a better 1-2 than 90% of the league. Hagan was solid for us. We still had our skill position players. The offensive line got BETTER when we had injuries at that position. And it wasn't until O'hara was insanely placed back in the lineup that the running game went inconsisten (which is on Coughlin).

Eli had a terrible season. Just admit it.

These are still just excuses for a quarterback giving the ball away THIRTY TIMES.

Once again. Nicks and Manningham were together for most of the season. That's a better 1-2 than 90% of the league. Hagan was solid for us. We still had our skill position players. The offensive line got BETTER when we had injuries at that position. And it wasn't until O'hara was insanely placed back in the lineup that the running game went inconsisten (which is on Coughlin).

Eli had a terrible season. Just admit it.

He had a "Tale of 2 QB's" season. "It was the best of times, ir was the worst of times."