SportsWrath

Moss an Eagle

High number of tackles for a LB either means a) he's covering a lot of ground b) his DLine sucks or c) his opponents are running/throwing his direction a lot. Lots of tackles is not necessarily a good thing, especially if they come from pass coverage.

Dhani has evolved into a pretty good player. Much better than he was for us, I'm surprised he's lasted this long and improved this much. Very steady, fair in coverage. But I'd wager he has so many tackles because there isn't anyone else worth a damn in the Bengals front 7.

If he is covering a lot of ground then it's a good thing. Anyway, this can be one of those circular logic type deals, so I won't get into it.... but typically the universally considered best linebackers in the NFL all have a lot of tackles. Like Patrick Willis.

By the way, Terrell Thomas led all cornerbacks in the NFL with 101 tackles. I don't think he's a bad corner. But I do think they throw his way a lot more often than Webster's.

There was a great breakdown on TT on FootballOutsiders.com after last season... the gist of it was he gets a lot of tackles because he's making MANY plays in run support, not because he's poor in coverage. He really isn't bad in coverage at all, he's just 2nd best on the team.

There was a great breakdown on TT on FootballOutsiders.com after last season... the gist of it was he gets a lot of tackles because he's making MANY plays in run support, not because he's poor in coverage. He really isn't bad in coverage at all, he's just 2nd best on the team.

That's true, especially because last season teams were loving to run towards Osi (and therefore Thomas).

I remember when Webster was just about a bust in my mind until the end of the '07 season. He took a pick back late in the Buffalo game and I remember talking to my buddies about it. "What the hell was that". We know the rest and he has turned into one of the better cover corners in the league. Thomas gets picked on because Webster is better. That's not a knock on Thomas. He's a big, physical corner and has made a ton of plays this past year. We have come a looooooong way since the two Wills. These guys are only going to get better they aren't the problem in the least.

I remember when Webster was just about a bust in my mind until the end of the '07 season. He took a pick back late in the Buffalo game and I remember talking to my buddies about it. "What the hell was that". We know the rest and he has turned into one of the better cover corners in the league. Thomas gets picked on because Webster is better. That's not a knock on Thomas. He's a big, physical corner and has made a ton of plays this past year. We have come a looooooong way since the two Wills. These guys are only going to get better they aren't the problem in the least.

Thomas is better than Ross..and he actually stays on the field.. I think we have a very good CB tandem in Web and Thomas.

My only real beef with Thomas is his lazy open-field tackling. He too often tries to hit or trip an opponent rather than tackle them. It's not all the time but he's given up lots of 1st downs when he should have had the receiver flat on his back behind the line.

In response to Sinorice Moss signing with the Eagles.

Sinorice, by all accounts was a hardworker, supportive teammate and a nice guy.

I hope he does well (just not against us)

I agree. The Giants would not have kept him around as long as they did unless they thought he was pretty good

unfortunately for him we loaded up on top flight receivers and he was the odd man out

I remember him as a good YAC guy when he got the ball.......they should have utilized him more as a return man and maybe even a RB

I agree. The Giants would not have kept him around as long as they did unless they thought he was pretty good

unfortunately for him we loaded up on top flight receivers and he was the odd man out

I remember him as a good YAC guy when he got the ball.......they should have utilized him more as a return man and maybe even a RB

I don't remember Sinorice dropping a pass in limited action...he caught everything his way.

I don't remember Sinorice dropping a pass in limited action...he caught everything his way.

I meant to say when the ball came his way

no he did not drop them.......but when you have a QB who's tendency is to throw high, they surely did sail over Sinorice head LOL

If he is covering a lot of ground then it's a good thing. Anyway, this can be one of those circular logic type deals, so I won't get into it.... but typically the universally considered best linebackers in the NFL all have a lot of tackles. Like Patrick Willis.

By the way, Terrell Thomas led all cornerbacks in the NFL with 101 tackles. I don't think he's a bad corner. But I do think they throw his way a lot more often than Webster's.

Also, he could have a really GOOD dline if he's making a lot of tackles as well....that's a big part of the defensive line's duty...to take up blockers and allow linebackers to make plays. I don't think that's the case in Cincinatti but oh well. That's one of the last teams in the league that I would actually watch so I'm not sure what the case was with Dhani