SportsWrath

Every owner is dumb.

Sephiroth

You know, I've been wicked pissed that Coughlin kept his job after our annual late-season collapse (though this one miraculously didn't end with a first-round playoff loss to the Eagles or Panthers).

However, looking around the league, there seem to be a number of other head-scratchers.

How the fuck does Marvin Lewis get an extension?

Minnesota is keeping Leslie Frasier? Really?

Kubiak still has a job?

I guess our situation could be worse.

Alot of it has to do with the lockout, teams don't want to spend for egomaniacs like Cowher or Gruden when they might not have players to coach. Owners figure when players to do come back to play, they will at least have a head coach that already knows the team. Anyways, I see no problem with any of these guys keeping their jobs. Marvin Lewis is a good head coach, their defense was fine,him and Zimmer turned Carlos Dunlap into a beast at the end of the year. It was the offense in Cinncinatti with two overpriced malcontent washed up WR's there not alot Marvin Lewis could of done and all the sudden Carson Palmer forgot how to throw. Gary Kubiak?,The players wanted him to stay and went to bat for him. Houston has some talent but prognosticators think though that a few stars are gonna make an entire team and they got overhyped.That being said, If Houston gets a DE and DT to compliment Mario Williams and a WR to compliment Andre Johnson they could be good. Arian Foster won the league rushing title in Kubiak's scheme, and Schaub was fourth overall in passing yards. Leslie Fraiser has done a great job in Minnesota since taking over for Childress. I see no problem with any of these guys keeping their jobs.

This is a real head scratcher. I can understand the lockout argument, but this dude has been mediocre to downright shitty every year I can recall. He was a good D-Coordinator on a defense that was loaded with talent, and he's been riding that for what seems like decades.

Kubiak......okay, I can sort of see him staying.

Fraiser.....no problem there, he stepped into a mess with the Favre soap opera.

Marvin Lewis has the best record in Cincinatti since Paul Brown and Sam Wyche. He led the 2009 Bengals to a 6-0 divisional record. He's led the Bengals to the only 2 winning seasons they've enjoyed in 20 years.

Ya, they had a team to be excited about this year but like Bigblue said....who knew Carson Palmer would suddenly suck and that the team would have no running game....Benson had a 3.5 YPC average....to put it in Giant's perspective Jacobs lost his starting job with numbers slightly better than that.

That team needs some work but I think they could make a run for the AFC North again next year.

This is a real head scratcher. I can understand the lockout argument, but this dude has been mediocre to downright shitty every year I can recall. He was a good D-Coordinator on a defense that was loaded with talent, and he's been riding that for what seems like decades.

You know, I like Lewis, when I read this topic I said "how the fuck could Cincy even consider not resigning Lewis, he made them respectable". But then I thought to myself. He's getting by on making them respectable, basically, an 8-8 season his first or second year with them then taking them to the playoffs. But they have been regressing, they continue to sign me first fucked in the head players. And as big of a Palmer (Carson, not Rosie, though I'm a big Rosie fan too) fan as I am, he's done shit since the injury. That team needs a new direction bad,

However, listening to Lewis in an interview he gets that and I think they are going to do good things.

if that makes any sense at all.

Frazier has to stay imo.

Kubiak, eh, either way.

You know, I've been wicked pissed that Coughlin kept his job after our annual late-season collapse (though this one miraculously didn't end with a first-round playoff loss to the Eagles or Panthers).

However, looking around the league, there seem to be a number of other head-scratchers.

Minnesota is keeping Leslie Frasier? Really?

Kubiak still has a job?

I guess our situation could be worse.

I'd actually be concerned if the Giants got Kibiak or Frasier. Kubiak might make something out of Peyton's little brother and this team probably would not have been abused by Philly and GB under Frasier. What did they give up, 80 points in two weeks?

You're wrong. Your situation really couldn't be much worse.

I'd actually be concerned if the Giants got Kibiak or Frasier. Kubiak might make something out of Peyton's little brother and this team probably would not have been abused by Philly and GB under Frasier. What did they give up, 80 points in two weeks?

Why is this asshole posting about the Giants. His team has no secondary, no defensive line (outside of Ratliff) and no offense line.

Go away.

gotta love the dig at Easy E :LMAO:

Why is this asshole posting about the Giants. His team has no secondary, no defensive line (outside of Ratliff) and no offense line.

Go away.

Yes. And with no secondary, no defensive line, and no offensive line, this weak Dallas team came to NY shortly after firing their coach, with an over-the-hill back up QB, and ran roughshot over your superstar QB and this "talented" Giants team.

They even shut out the lights and still couldn't stop them. :LMAO:

Perhaps had the Giants won that game, a game they were favored by 14 points in their new stadium, they would be in the playoffs... :LMAO:

Yes. And with no secondary, no defensive line, and no offensive line, this weak Dallas team came to NY shortly after firing their coach, with an over-the-hill back up QB, and ran roughshot over your superstar QB and this "talented" Giants team.

Perhaps had the Giants won that game, a game they were favored by 14 points in their new stadium, they would be in the playoffs... :LMAO:

When the Giants were bad I used to cling to shallow victories too.

It's fine.

We shut out the lights on your season on October 25th.

Now you're giving the Giants way too much credit.

Actually, that was the game that pretty much ended the season. It was already going to take a miracle just to have a slim chance for you guys, and not only did we beat you, but knocked Romo out for the season as well....

Either way, seeing as how the Cowboys started the season as "Super Bowl favorites", and then procededed to finish tied for LAST IN THE DIVISION, you look like an ass here trying to talk trash.

Alot of it has to do with the lockout, teams don't want to spend for egomaniacs like Cowher or Gruden when they might not have players to coach. Owners figure when players to do come back to play, they will at least have a head coach that already knows the team. Anyways, I see no problem with any of these guys keeping their jobs. Marvin Lewis is a good head coach, their defense was fine,him and Zimmer turned Carlos Dunlap into a beast at the end of the year. It was the offense in Cinncinatti with two overpriced malcontent washed up WR's there not alot Marvin Lewis could of done and all the sudden Carson Palmer forgot how to throw. Gary Kubiak?,The players wanted him to stay and went to bat for him. Houston has some talent but prognosticators think though that a few stars are gonna make an entire team and they got overhyped.That being said, If Houston gets a DE and DT to compliment Mario Williams and a WR to compliment Andre Johnson they could be good. Arian Foster won the league rushing title in Kubiak's scheme, and Schaub was fourth overall in passing yards. Leslie Fraiser has done a great job in Minnesota since taking over for Childress. I see no problem with any of these guys keeping their jobs.

Not a Kevin Walter or Jacoby Jones fan, eh? I actually think they are set at the offensive skill positions.... but that offensive line and secondary is what's really killing that team. Especially the secondary. They made our secondary from last year look like a pro bowl squad.

wait Badegg makes his appearance on the boards now after the season is over. Did he think we forgot about that Putrid Smell emanating out of Arlington, TX that is known as the cowboys season.

As a matter of fact we did the Cowboys a favor by knocking Romo out. Kitna actually looked good out there.

Not a Kevin Walter or Jacoby Jones fan, eh? I actually think they are set at the offensive skill positions.... but that offensive line and secondary is what's really killing that team. Especially the secondary. They made our secondary from last year look like a pro bowl squad.

Walter's a slot guy, Jones did show flashes and he could be their #2.Andre Johnson still gets alot of coverage his way and I think if they drafted another big body guy it would help them especially in the red zone. Their secondary is bad as well, I am not sure how Quin Glover has a job in the NFL, Kareem Jackson who they drafted last year played well though. They still need a little help in the secondary but, I see them doing DLine in the 1st round.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Did you misquote someone or what? I never mentioned the Giants, I was commenting on those coaches and their respective jobs.

Let me refresh...Lewis hasn't earned an extention in Cincy but I think he realizes things must change.

Frazier has done a good job in Minny and I think he deserves to be the head coach for that team.

Kubiak I can see the argument for either firing him or keeping him as head coach of the Texans.

Again, what the hell are you talking about the Giants for? This was a bad season and they still managed 10 wins and were a game away from the playoffs. Your team is celebrating a 5-3 finish to get you to fucking 6-10.

The Giants have work to do to go from pretty good back to great. The Cowboys have a work to do to get back to .500. Enjoy Garret.

Not hardly. He's had far more success with the Bengals than any coach since the current ownership, Paul Brown's kids/grandkids, took over the team. I think most folks around here who watch the Bengals but don't have much emotionally invested in them would tell you Lewis is the very least of the Bengals problems.

Not hardly. He's had far more success with the Bengals than any coach since the current ownership, Paul Brown's kids/grandkids, took over the team. I think most folks around here who watch the Bengals but don't have much emotionally invested in them would tell you Lewis is the very least of the Bengals problems.

Yeah, the Bengals are cheap fuck organization. They have the smallest scouting staff in the NFL and they don't have an indoor practice facility.

Yeah he makes a silk purse out of a sows ear for sure...

Is there an echo in here??