SportsWrath

Bill Cowher/ John Gruden

BadEgg

I'm hoping Jerry hires Garrett. I would rather have someone young and hungry instead of someone who has already won the Superbowl. I don't think the intensity is the same after you win one.

The Giants had Bill Parcells, in my opinion everyone else after that had a shell of the Bill Parcells that coached the Giants.

Also, I may be wrong, but I don't think the same coach has ever won a Superbowl with 2 different teams. Another reason I don't want Cowher or Gruden.

Does that worry you Giants fans that want Tom out and Cowher or Gruden in?

Can either one of these guys be the first coach to win it with 2 different teams.

I believe 5 coaches have gone to the Superbowl with 2 different teams: Parcells, Shula, Vermeal, Dan Reeves, Holgrem. Then you got guys like Jimmy Johnson who could never get back, even with Marino. I think George Siefert won with SF, but couldn't do anything with Carolina. Shannahan is trying but I'm not overlly impressed by him.

So you still want Gruden or Cowher?

At least Gruden is young, but I don't know about Cowher. In fact, I don't want either one.

I'll take Gruden as HC and Fox as Asst HC overseeing Fewell

Jason Garrett has done a remarkable job......I'll take Garrett over any of them if ol Jerry is brain dead enough to let him go

which of course he is :smartass:

None of those three would accept those positions under those circumstances. I'll still take Jeff Fisher if Tenn is stupid enough to let him go.

I will take Cowher in a heartbeat, and no it doesn't concern me one iota. You are citing a silly fact. Most SuperBowl winning coaches stay with their team until retirement... Tony Dungy, Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher, Bill Walsh. There are others that got fired and didn't get another head coaching job... Brian Billick, Jon Gruden. You cited Jimmy Johnson not being able to win one despite having Dan Marino... when he got there Marino was near the end and not the same QB he was.... and no previous coach one with Marino anyway.

Bottom line is that head coaches that win the big one earn a little more job security. Bill Belichek is another example.

Not worried about it all, Bill Cowher is an intense guy, a proven winner, and he is exactly who the NY Giants need now.

You know the other thing is, we may not be able to hire Gruden because he doesn't even know the player's names.

Last time I checked John, there's nobody on this team named Rakeem Nicks, Jason Tuck, Ahman Bradshaw, or Coy Webster. :laugh: And no, it's not his accent. This is what he's actually called Giant players the past two years, haha.

from my point of view anyone is better than Coughlin- Is Allie Sherman still alive? Cowher, Gruden, Jimmy Johnson...........anyone but this old fuddy duddy

speaking of old guys lets bring in Dick Vermiel for one more run........the guy is like putting a supercharger on your car for the first few years at least...........

I love the crying, don't laugh.......the guy is passionate and he does get every ounce out of his players

I'd jump for joy if Gruden was hired.....he's got Parcells' ability to play head games with his players. He'd turn that offense into a hot knife.

Fewell is fine with the defense.....they just need a couple linebackers (deja vu).

I'd jump for joy if Gruden was hired.....he's got Parcells' ability to play head games with his players. He'd turn that offense into a hot knife.

Fewell is fine with the defense.....they just need a couple linebackers (deja vu).

Does that include calling players by the wrong name, like I mentioned in an earlier post? haha.

You have to admit though, the guy is just non-stop positive energy....he'd have this team riding high.

AMEN Brother, and that alone would account for 3 more close wins per year.

Leadership is under-rated

Coughlin casts a gloomy presence over the team........look what happened to Dallas when they dialed up an upbeat guy

I'll take Fox, Gruden, or Cowher

I have a feeling Reese is going to look for an African American HC though........Fewell would have had the job if his D had played a bit better and made the Green Bay game at least close....for some strange reason Fewell had it in his mind Green Bay was more dangerous than Philly and pulled in his horns.......the pressure was not nearly as intense as what was put on Vick