SportsWrath

Judgement Day (Part 1) Tomorrow

Treehugger

Yeah, the uncapped year is a result of the owners wanting to spend LESS on player salaries, not more.

Dont get me wrong the owners are greedy fucks who just want to pocket what they dont pay on the team and their at fault in the CBA agreement but are the player any better?

I mean we see players today who cant read, use drugs, beat women and even kill people who are getting paid upwards of fucking 5 million a year to play a fucking game. If 3/4 of NFL players didnt have football they would be bagging groceries or working in some factory or even worse maybe dead in the "hood" they came from. Do they really deserve the money they are making? When Joe Schmo down the strert can't afford to put food on his table for his family while working three jobs, all some of these guys have to do is walk out onto a field and make one catch and they got an easy ten thousand extra in their pocket. It's fucking disgusting.

Like I said the NFL owners are showing their greed in the CBA talks, but the players arnt any better.

Dont get me wrong the owners are greedy fucks who just want to pocket what they dont pay on the team and their at fault in the CBA agreement but are the player any better?

I mean we see players today who cant read, use drugs, beat women and even kill people who are getting paid upwards of fucking 5 million a year to play a fucking game. If 3/4 of NFL players didnt have football they would be bagging groceries or working in some factory or even worse maybe dead in the "hood" they came from. Do they really deserve the money they are making? When Joe Schmo down the strert can't afford to put food on his table for his family while working three jobs, all some of these guys have to do is walk out onto a field and make one catch and they got an easy ten thousand extra in their pocket. It's fucking disgusting.

Like I said the NFL owners are showing their greed in the CBA talks, but the players arnt any better.

That's a pretty sweeping generalization about the players, don't you think? I think many more of them are decent guys, who have talents 99.9% of the world does not. Plus, their career can be ended on the next play and even in best case scenario, they're done right about the time most careers are just taking off. It's always about supply and demand - there are only so many people in the world who can fill stadiums and who TV will lay out BILLIONS for the right to broadcast.

They won't cut him less some other team picks him up and he becomes the super star WR Uncle Ernie saw that nobody else did.

Do IR'd players still count against the cap? If so, I don't get why Moss simply wasn't cut.

I have no problem with the players taking the lion's share of NFL revenues because they're the ones who are generating said revenue. They're not being paid to make a catch, they're being paid for their part in bringing fans and their cash to the stadium, and viewers to the TV.

I have no problem with the players taking the lion's share of NFL revenues because they're the ones who are generating said revenue. They're not being paid to make a catch, they're being paid for their part in bringing fans and their cash to the stadium, and viewers to the TV.

Sure but they don't take the financial risk that the owners do. Sure you could get hurt as a player but with all the guaranteed money being thrown around it doesn't matter. On the other hand the owner invests in the players and takes all the risk that they will generate revenue or lose money.

I stopped picking roster cuts a few years ago. Players that should have been cut just stick around to sit on the bench, while players who have shown more in preseason get cut. We've been fortunate in recent years that those players don't turn into great starters elsewhere but its going to happen. Just hope that this time around the team keeps the better blockers over the better receivers because what winds up happening is the better receiver don't contribute and we suffer from lack of better blocking like last year.

....like Kevin Walter

C. Wagon

i assume we are going to be watching for vet qb's who get released from another team.

or possibly even trade for one.

i like bomar but theres no way we go into the season with eli/bomar/randolph.

bomar wont be our no.2.

Why not? We went Manning/Lorenzen before. Bomar is leaps and bounds above Lorenzen.

and then the year after that we went eli/lorenzen/wright.

I just see us bringing someone else in.

I was commenting more on the "Bomar won't be our 2" part...we might bring someone in but Bomar has been just fine for a QB that is (hopefully) only going to see the field in mop up duty, behind Iron Eli....

i assume we are going to be watching for vet qb's who get released from another team.

or possibly even trade for one.

i like bomar but theres no way we go into the season with eli/bomar/randolph.

bomar wont be our no.2.

2zodxtd.jpg