SportsWrath

JPP and Canty

Lughead

That Chris Canty was sure worth that 100 Billion dollars, huh?

I'm telling you Seph, you might not believe it now, but Canty is going to be huge for us this year. If he's starting week 1, and I would think this minor groin pull won't prevent that from happening, I want you to watch him in the middle. He is really going to help the edge rushers get one one one matchups. He's just a dominating DT when healthy. You'll see!

I'm telling you Seph, you might not believe it now, but Canty is going to be huge for us this year. If he's starting week 1, and I would think this minor groin pull won't prevent that from happening, I want you to watch him in the middle. He is really going to help the edge rushers get one one one matchups. He's just a dominating DT when healthy. You'll see!

I've notitced that he does typically draw the double teams in the preseason, so that's encouraging. And his thighs are about twice the diameter of my waist. It just seems like I haven't seen a whole lot of PLAYS outta the guy... especially considering he's making more than Justin Tuck.

Atleast were not paying 100 Trillion like the Redskins are for that over-rated fat slob in Haynesworth, who cant even manage to be on the field for more then three plays in a row.

That's a fair point... however, outside of that attitude, I'm not sure there's that much difference in the two players from a production standpoint.

I've notitced that he does typically draw the double teams in the preseason, so that's encouraging. And his thighs are about twice the diameter of my waist. It just seems like I haven't seen a whole lot of PLAYS outta the guy... especially considering he's making more than Justin Tuck.

That's a fair point... however, outside of that attitude, I'm not sure there's that much difference in the two players from a production standpoint.

Good Lord. He's not going to rack up sacks, he's going to make the job for Osi, Tuck, JPP and Kiwi alot easier when he's causing double teams. It leaves atleast one of them in 1 on 1 situations.

Good Lord. He's not going to rack up sacks, he's going to make the job for Osi, Tuck, JPP and Kiwi alot easier when he's causing double teams. It leaves atleast one of them in 1 on 1 situations.

Exactly, and it's easy to be disillusioned with the guy based on his performance after one season, a season in which he came out of the gates with a nagging hamstring and never got right. If we judged Tuck only on last year and that's all we knew no one would think he was that great either.

Isn't there nearly always gonna be a double team on one of the DTs, as the Center helps one of the Guards? I can't recall many Tackle-Guard combos working a DE unless they try cutting inside, especially an edge rusher like Osi.

Isn't there nearly always gonna be a double team on one of the DTs, as the Center helps one of the Guards? I can't recall many Tackle-Guard combos working a DE unless they try cutting inside, especially an edge rusher like Osi.

Thats the goal. As long as the DTs are taking up two guys, the LBs will be tackling RBs at the line of scrimmage.

Canty was good for that in Dallas. He wasn't flashy, but he'd get some push if there was only one guy on him.