SportsWrath

Adrian Tracy

fishgutmartyr

Hopefully, this doesn't sound like a Chase Blackburn obsession, but I was pretty impressed with this guy's play last night. I kind of wish that they'd teach him to long-snap, because he seems to have more upside than DeOssie. And I'm a sentimental old fuck that would love Zak to follow in his dad's footsteps.

What are the odds of Tracy at least making the practice squad? It's going to make me crazy if he doesn't make it considering the mediocrity lying behind our first-stringers.

Hopefully, this doesn't sound like a Chase Blackburn obsession, but I was pretty impressed with this guy's play last night. I kind of wish that they'd teach him to long-snap, because he seems to have more upside than DeOssie. And I'm a sentimental old fuck that would love Zak to follow in his dad's footsteps.

What are the odds of Tracy at least making the practice squad? It's going to make me crazy if he doesn't make it considering the mediocrity lying behind our first-stringers.

I Feel he will at least make the practice squad. We picked up 3 LBers 2 in the draft, Dillard and Tracy . Bulluck through FA. there is no room at LBer for Tracey right now . Bulluck will take Pierces spot and Dillard will pobably push Wilkinson's out. Tracey May take Kehl's Spot but I am not sure about that . Then again Tracey was in with the 3's and 4's but he sure showed a nose for the ball and made a couple stops for losses

I liked what I saw from the kid last night. At the least, he should get a practice squad spot. I was quite impressed with him ....he seemed hungry and was everywhere the ball was....and he really went after the QB.

I thought he was one of the brightest spots last night. it seemed Linval Joseph and Victor Cruz both came back down to earth last night making rookie mistakes.

Unless there's a rash of injuries they will try to put him on the practice squad but there's not going to be room for him on the 53 man roster. He's a DE playing linebacker. Although he may have played a good game last night, he's not going to beat out true linebackers which we have too many of already. They may have to cut WIlkinson, Kehl, or even try to put Dillard on the PS because of the crowding. Just too many guys for Tracy to be a realistic fit in this unit, and I'm thinking that's a good thing. I don't think we'd be singing his praises if he was in there against Pittsburgh's ones.

His numbers certainly look good:

TOT SOLO SACKS TFL PD QB HTS TD

A. Tracy 9 9 0 2 0 0 0

J. Busing 7 7 0 0 0 0 0

A. Rolle 5 4 0 1 0 0 0

C. Brown 5 3 0 0 0 0 0

D. Grant 4 3 0 0 0 0 0

D. Johnson 4 3 0 0 0 0 0

R. Bernard 4 2 0 0 0 0 0

D. Tollefson 4 2 0 0 0 0 0

M. Boley 3 3 0 0 0 0 0

C. Sintim 3 2 0 0 0 0 0

G. Wilkinson 3 2 0 0 0 0 0

B. Cofield 3 2 0 0 0 0 0

L. Joseph 3 1 0 0 0 0 0

P. Dillard 2 2 0 0 0 0 0

B. Kehl 2 2 0 0 0 0 0

A. Ross 2 2 0 0 0 0 0

J. Tuck 2 1 .5 1 0 3 0

M. Greco 2 1 0 0 0 0 0

C. Canty 2 1 0 0 0 0 0

K. Bulluck 2 0 0 0 0 0 0

M. Kiwanuka 1 1 .5 1 0 2 0

S. Rashad 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

D. Hagan 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

O. Umenyiora 1 1 0 1 0 0 0

Z. DeOssie 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

D. Ware 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

N. Collins 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

A. Hall 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

W. Beatty 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

J. Alford 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

S. Williams 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

J. Pierre-Paul 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

N. Boateng 1 0 0 0 0 0 0

C. Webster 1 0 0

Unless there's a rash of injuries they will try to put him on the practice squad but there's not going to be room for him on the 53 man roster. He's a DE playing linebacker. Although he may have played a good game last night, he's not going to beat out true linebackers which we have too many of already. They may have to cut WIlkinson, Kehl, or even try to put Dillard on the PS because of the crowding. Just too many guys for Tracy to be a realistic fit in this unit, and I'm thinking that's a good thing. I don't think we'd be singing his praises if he was in there against Pittsburgh's ones.

No, I don't suppose we would if he was playing against the ones. Then again, he wasn't drafted to start this season. But I do know that if our first-string linebackers get hurt this season, particularly in the middle, we are seriously screwed. Frankly, Goff isn't showing that much more than Dillard at this point; and to me, the DTs seem to be positioned pretty wide on the line, which will funnel the running back right to the MLB.

He made a couple of nice stops up the middle but I didn't see much else from him.

It doesn't appear that he's capable of covering backs or tight ends...but who amongst the Giants LB corps is except maybe Boley?

It doesn't appear that he's capable of covering backs or tight ends...but who amongst the Giants LB corps is except maybe Boley?

wilkinson, but hes not capable of doing anything else without tweaking a hamstring.

It looks like Fewell wants to funnel everything up the middle. Lets hope the tackles and the middle linebacker is up to it.

They are. I think Goff packs a lot of power but not a lot of agility. Funneling offenses towards the middle makes perfect sense.. Goff seems to be the best we got.. so Fewel seem to cater to hist strength.. along with the heavy DTs we got.

So I basically I took your idea.. improved on it.. and made it mine :TU:

A man can hope ....can't he? :unsure:

Yeah well the D looked great last year in pre-season too. Sending plays through the weakest part of the D should work great. With our smaller safeties then last year they aren't going to help in run support (Rolle isn't tackling big RBs). Get ready for teams to run it down the Giants throats.

Yeah well the D looked great last year in pre-season too. Sending plays through the weakest part of the D should work great. With our smaller safeties then last year they aren't going to help in run support (Rolle isn't tackling big RBs). Get ready for teams to run it down the Giants throats.

I know....was hoping it was just a pre season illusion. :ph34r:

I seem remember teams throwing at will against our 2nd stringers in preseason last year. Unfortunately, they turned out to be our first stringers during the regular season.