SportsWrath

Ton of hate from Jaws and Chris Carter

JackStroud

Wow, Boohyah, I don't think we could disagree more. I think Jaws sucks in a big way. He throws around superlatives for even average players. His voice is annoying when he starts to get excited about something... and he is good for a nationwide eye roll at least every 20 minutes (and that's counting the commercials). He will always say something like, "Look at Jay Cutler here, he throws the best deep pall in the history of the NFL." Then next week, "And Donovan McNabb does it better than anyone ever has, throwing the deep ball to Jackson." Really Jaws?

Jaws is solid is his studio role, MNF makes everyone into a joke these days because it's not about analysis as much as it is about entertainment. If ESPN could get over itself and concentrate on the football aspect more (which it won't i know), then Jaws would be much better than he is right now. When Jaws started on ESPN, he was very good, his analysis was always pretty much on.He's still good, but he's more out of his element now. He would be much better off on FOX or CBS.

As for Gruden, he's exactly what ESPN wants. Shoots his mouth off, says off the cuff comments. He has some knowledge obviously, but IMO (<---note), he's another Jerry Glanville and he going to get worse. Look at all these so called interviews he did with QB'S being drafted this year. Talk about a joke, the guy was in Tampa how long?, and he never groomed one QB worth a damn, or even tried, he had several years after the superbowl to put together a decent team and didn't. Think about it. Gruden is gone one year and the Bucs draft a QB in the 1st round last year. Keep in mind that even though he had a good superbowl team, he was one year removed from the Raiders and basically had the whole fucking playbook down, you could see it in the game itself, the Bucs almost anticipated every play the Raiders made. MY opinion, he was always overated, but for Jack, that qualifies him to replace Coughlin. Give me a break!

i like jaws- you can tell he does his homework. gruden reminds me of hank stram because it's almost like he's singing a song or reciting a poem when he talks. he has a certain cadence to all his insights. leads me to believe he's tightly scripted.

Jaws is solid is his studio role, MNF makes everyone into a joke these days because it's not about analysis as much as it is about entertainment. If ESPN could get over itself and concentrate on the football aspect more (which it won't i know), then Jaws would be much better than he is right now. When Jaws started on ESPN, he was very good, his analysis was always pretty much on.He's still good, but he's more out of his element now. He would be much better off on FOX or CBS.

As for Gruden, he's exactly what ESPN wants. Shoots his mouth off, says off the cuff comments. He has some knowledge obviously, but IMO (<---note), he's another Jerry Glanville and he going to get worse. Look at all these so called interviews he did with QB'S being drafted this year. Talk about a joke, the guy was in Tampa how long?, and he never groomed one QB worth a damn, or even tried, he had several years after the superbowl to put together a decent team and didn't. Think about it. Gruden is gone one year and the Bucs draft a QB in the 1st round last year. Keep in mind that even though he had a good superbowl team, he was one year removed from the Raiders and basically had the whole fucking playbook down, you could see it in the game itself, the Bucs almost anticipated every play the Raiders made. MY opinion, he was always overated, but for Jack, that qualifies him to replace Coughlin. Give me a break!

Boohyah, I hope you don't think I'm an opinion bully. I've probably done that to a degree in the past, trying to get better, lol. I do enjoy reading different perspectives and also giving my take, and I do respect your opinion, booh. As for Gruden, I definitely agree with you in that he was overrated as a coach. He has certain leadership traits that are very apparent, and I think that's what draws people to him, but you are correct that he did not groom a QB, although their GM (was it McKay?) has some blame there as well. I definitely think Coughlin is a much better coach. And Gruden definitely benefits from some lackluster personalities in recent years in the MNF booth. Although I think Kornheiser is likable enough on PTI, I didn't really feel that he was right for MNF. Gruden does bring some credibility ot the commentary and adds insights only a coach or knowledgeable player could give. To me, Gruden is the best thing to happen to MNF since the team of Michaels, Gifford, and Dierdorf. That is the team I grew up on... Cosell was before my time.

Boohyah, I hope you don't think I'm an opinion bully. I've probably done that to a degree in the past, trying to get better, lol. I do enjoy reading different perspectives and also giving my take, and I do respect your opinion, booh. As for Gruden, I definitely agree with you in that he was overrated as a coach. He has certain leadership traits that are very apparent, and I think that's what draws people to him, but you are correct that he did not groom a QB, although their GM (was it McKay?) has some blame there as well. I definitely think Coughlin is a much better coach. And Gruden definitely benefits from some lackluster personalities in recent years in the MNF booth. Although I think Kornheiser is likable enough on PTI, I didn't really feel that he was right for MNF. Gruden does bring some credibility ot the commentary and adds insights only a coach or knowledgeable player could give. To me, Gruden is the best thing to happen to MNF since the team of Michaels, Gifford, and Dierdorf. That is the team I grew up on... Cosell was before my time.

I could not disagree with you more.

Gruden took the Bucs to a SB win right off the bat, then everyone left for free agency and he got "butkus" for a roster going forward....but they always played hard for him.

He was not drafting all that crap....the GM was The ownership in Tampa are died in the wool LOSERS.

Gruden was a great coach in Oakland, a good coach in Tampa and h will be the next Lombardi when he takes over the Giants in 2 years......he's still young, and would be a perfect fit for us. Coughlin is a sourpussed robot.

I really cannot stand the guy.......he wore out his welcome in 25 seconds with ol Mke Strahan LOL........Tiki hated his Axx

I could not disagree with you more.

Gruden took the Bucs to a SB win right off the bat, then everyone left for free agency and he got "butkus" for a roster going forward....but they always played hard for him.

He was not drafting all that crap....the GM was The ownership in Tampa are died in the wool LOSERS.

Gruden was a great coach in Oakland, a good coach in Tampa and h will be the next Lombardi when he takes over the Giants in 2 years......he's still young, and would be a perfect fit for us. Coughlin is a sourpussed robot.

I really cannot stand the guy.......he wore out his welcome in 25 seconds with ol Mke Strahan LOL........Tiki hated his Axx

And Tiki missed out on a Super Bowl win because he was to thin skinned to deal with Coughlin. Guess the coach doesn't have to be a likable teddy bear personality, huh?

Nah, I'm fine with that take. Kornheiser was out of his element on mNF but is perfect for PTI. It's kind of the same thing with Jaws. And I'll be honest, when I heard that Jaws was moving to MNF I was happy, but it hasn't worked IMO. And yes, McKay had a lot of say down there, but trust me, when a guy wins a superbowl, they tend to think they can play GM and if Gruden wanted, he could have pushed to go that direction.