SportsWrath

Memories....

BIGBLUE01

this thread has turned into a football history lesson.. starring the Giants. When I began typing this response I was criticizing.. being a debbie downer if you will... but come to think of it, it's just fucking awesome being a Giants fan.

this thread has turned into a football history lesson.. starring the Giants. When I began typing this response I was criticizing.. being a debbie downer if you will... but come to think of it, it's just fucking awesome being a Giants fan.

Good point. I learned we passed on gale Sayers.

It is fuckin awesome....... :giants:

collins had a rocket.

he used to make some real beautiful throws from time to time.

I was always a big Collins fan.....but the dude had a wind up that took longer than a catapult.

Bill Walsh said he feared the Giants the most. So did Montana and Lott. But why believe those guys.

the dog is sure they did during the '86 season. and even though they lost to the giants in '85, the dog is quite sure if given the choice, they probably prefered to play the giants over the dominating 15-1 bears. outside of that, they beat the giants in the two other playoff games they had in the 80's with them. the only other loss came the second time the giants won the superbowl, and they have beaten them twice since. that is all the dog is saying...and for tcbvp - this isn't trolling, this is all factual, something that may be foreign to your line of thinking...

the dog is sure they did during the '86 season. and even though they lost to the giants in '85, the dog is quite sure if given the choice, they probably prefered to play the giants over the dominating 15-1 bears. outside of that, they beat the giants in the two other playoff games they had in the 80's with them. the only other loss came the second time the giants won the superbowl, and they have beaten them twice since. that is all the dog is saying...and for tcbvp - this isn't trolling, this is all factual, something that may be foreign to your line of thinking...

If you were all that concerned with facts, you'd go back to the actual quotes from Montana, Walsh, etc. But you didn't, so its pretty obvious what you're all about.

If you were all that concerned with facts, you'd go back to the actual quotes from Montana, Walsh, etc. But you didn't, so its pretty obvious what you're all about.

he probably did but it didn't prove his argument so he preferred to go with a ridiculous premise. his spelling has improved though. baby steps.....

he probably did but it didn't prove his argument so he preferred to go with a ridiculous premise. his spelling has improved though. baby steps.....

really blunatic - which is more ridiculous, stating that the 49ers feared the giants in the playoffs despite having a winning record against them all because the giants beat them in 85 and 86 and because you said that the walsh, montana and lott all at some time said they feared the giants (but you won't give a period in time when the quote was made)...or the dog stating that the 49ers probably only feared playing the giants in the post season in 86 when everyone feared playing the giants in the postseason? really, your efforts here are weak even for you...but you still come to the rescue of those who you feel can't defend themselves, so that is consistent anyway...

really blunatic - which is more ridiculous, stating that the 49ers feared the giants in the playoffs despite having a winning record against them all because the giants beat them in 85 and 86 and because you said that the walsh, montana and lott all at some time said they feared the giants (but you won't give a period in time when the quote was made)...or the dog stating that the 49ers probably only feared playing the giants in the post season in 86 when everyone feared playing the giants in the postseason? really, your efforts here are weak even for you...but you still come to the rescue of those who you feel can't defend themselves, so that is consistent anyway...

it was clear to all except you, wiener, that they all said this in retirement, looking back on their career. it's not a big surprise. even the games they won, were wars and both teams paid a high physical price. i'm sure most of the giants would say the same about the 9ers.

i don't know where you were back then, but it's pretty obvious that these 2 teams were the most consistent power houses of the mid to late 80's in the NFC. oh, and stop being a prick.

it was clear to all except you, wiener, that they all said this in retirement, looking back on their career. it's not a big surprise. even the games they won, were wars and both teams paid a high physical price. i'm sure most of the giants would say the same about the 9ers.

i don't know where you were back then, but it's pretty obvious that these 2 teams were the most consistent power houses of the mid to late 80's in the NFC. oh, and stop being a prick.

Oh lawdy I is so afraid of da dawg....oh what is I gonna do....lawdy helps me. :LMAO: Still rubbing it off in his mother's basement. Too bad oh so sad. Whatever. :yawn:

the giants were a consistent powerhouse in the mid to late 80's? a playoff team maybe, but aside from '86, when were the giants a powerhouse? in '89 when they lost in round one to the rams? in '87 and '88 when they failed to make the playoffs with a combined 16-15 record? the dog knows where he was in the 80's, but wonders where you were...

and as you know, what players/coaches will say things that are in the context of an interview - for example, if you blunatic were sitting at home and decided to put on highlight taping about your beloved giants, and on said tape bill walsh talks about fearing the giants in the 80's, well ok. and then you put on the redskins tape and there is bill walsh talking about fearing the redskins of the 80's (you know, the team that won two super bowls and went to a third in the 80's, but then again, the giants were more the "consistent powerhouse" as you put it...)....anyway, you are a tad boring this time around.

the giants were a consistent powerhouse in the mid to late 80's? a playoff team maybe, but aside from '86, when were the giants a powerhouse? in '89 when they lost in round one to the rams? in '87 and '88 when they failed to make the playoffs with a combined 16-15 record? the dog knows where he was in the 80's, but wonders where you were...

and as you know, what players/coaches will say things that are in the context of an interview - for example, if you blunatic were sitting at home and decided to put on highlight taping about your beloved giants, and on said tape bill walsh talks about fearing the giants in the 80's, well ok. and then you put on the redskins tape and there is bill walsh talking about fearing the redskins of the 80's (you know, the team that won two super bowls and went to a third in the 80's, but then again, the giants were more the "consistent powerhouse" as you put it...)....anyway, you are a tad boring this time around.

Yeah, but they won the 2 Superbowls during Strike Years.

I don't count them as real superbowls.

Yeah, but they won the 2 Superbowls during Strike Years.

I don't count them as real superbowls.

the dog agrees to an extent, but you still have to count them. had the giants won on either of those years, you would not be here saying they don't count...

lol, i'm on medication. i'll tear you a new one soon enough.

so you are conceding that the 49ers said it, but they really didn't mean it. hmmm ok. there's a radio station out here that happens to be the 9ers station. ronnie lott is a regular guest on fridays during football season. anytime a question gets asked about who was the toughest, who hit the hardest, bls bla bla- he inevitably brings up the giants. never hear him talking about the mighty redskins or even the rams who they played 2x a year.

stop being a hater. your jealousy is tainting another thread. i guess that was your intention.