SportsWrath

Seriously is Perry Felwell the answer?

JackStroud

i don't expect much from this defense in terms of domination. if he can make them opportunistic and disciplined, it's the most we can ask for. the offense will have to carry the load this year.

I concur. The D will hopefully at least be serviceable instead of the mess from last year. With Chad out, Phillips a question mark and not being sold on Rolle this could potentially be another bad year. Add in the LBs and mark me worried.

I concur. The D will hopefully at least be serviceable instead of the mess from last year. With Chad out, Phillips a question mark and not being sold on Rolle this could potentially be another bad year. Add in the LBs and mark me worried.

yeah, if out D were at least serviceable last year i think we make the playoffs.

i hope you're right but realistically, i don't see it. it will be 'bend don't break' at best.

Ok so we do not know the starting 11

The MLBer might be sitting on someone else's roster right now.

If Pierre Paul is the animal they say he is and Justin Tuck's shoulder is fully recovered we may see great things from this D

I'm just not sure if this guy Perry is the right guy.........we'll see

Spags first few gmes were a horror show if you remember right

we'll know by mid-season what we have

Ok so we do not know the starting 11

The MLBer might be sitting on someone else's roster right now.

If Pierre Paul is the animal they say he is and Justin Tuck's shoulder is fully recovered we may see great things form this D

I'm just not sure if this guy Perry is the right guy.........we'll see

Spags first few gmes were a horror show if you remember right

we'll know by mid-season what we have

yeah but, he's not a miracle worker. you're only as good as your players. there's a big ? around this whole D. but the offense could be fantastic! we could be the new colts.

how so......where are we that outstanding on O?

We were pretty ordinary last year in the running game.......the passing game yes.....good

not in the Colts league though

we were 8-8 last year

Bill Parcells "You are what your record says you are"..........Spags left and we fell off a cliff

i hope you're right but realistically, i don't see it. it will be 'bend don't break' at best.

We were doing great the the first half ot he year after Stra retired. Pin it on injuries but most importantly.. Sheridan. I think we'll go back to prominence.

how so......where are we that outstanding on O?

We were pretty ordinary last year in the running game.......the passing game yes.....good

not in the Colts league though

we were 8-8 last year

Bill Parcells "You are what your record says you are"..........Spags left and we fell off a cliff

this is eli's coming out year.

Parcells also said "Get me that tall franchise receiver from Denver"

this is eli's coming out year.

Parcells also said "Get me that tall franchise receiver from Denver"

Back to that again eh? :P

I have to agree as Fewell will just need to make the D respectable and leave the rest to the O. The Bills produced very good secondary players though so hopefully he can do the same with the Giants. Hell if he reproduces his success with the Bills D the Giants will be very good team.

I'm think, bend here and there, maybe give up a big play here and there, but also, I'm expecting to see some big turnovers too. The defense will score some points, and also put the offense in great shape on others.

I'm expecting improvement over last season (almost impossible for them to suck worse), but nothing earth-shaking.

But as others have said, he's gotten things done in Buffalo, with less talent.

I'm think, bend here and there, maybe give up a big play here and there, but also, I'm expecting to see some big turnovers too. The defense will score some points, and also put the offense in great shape on others.

I'm expecting improvement over last season (almost impossible for them to suck worse), but nothing earth-shaking.

But as others have said, he's gotten things done in Buffalo, with less talent.

I agree. I don't expect us to be the top defense, and really, we don't need to be. If our offense continues as it has, then we simply need one that falls in the top half of the league. The fact that we managed 8-8 with the clusterfuck defense last season gives some room for optimism.

But if we limp into the second half of the season on the defensive line, teams are going to run all over us.

I agree. I don't expect us to be the top defense, and really, we don't need to be. If our offense continues as it has, then we simply need one that falls in the top half of the league. The fact that we managed 8-8 with the clusterfuck defense last season gives some room for optimism.

But if we limp into the second half of the season on the defensive line, teams are going to run all over us.

True.

I can't recall how many times we just needed 1 more stop....and didn't get it. It wasn't so much the amount of yards given up, but rather, how many times it was 80 yards down the field in 2:30 for a TD.

In particular, this season will tell us alot about Justin Tuck.....was his 2007 season a flash in the pan?

I'm not doubting his abilities when he is 100%, but rather, his ability to remain 100% as a full starter.

If Fewell is wise enough to sit the guys that aren't all there, it could mean alot down the stretch. Last December was like watching flag football.

True.

I can't recall how many times we just needed 1 more stop....and didn't get it. It wasn't so much the amount of yards given up, but rather, how many times it was 80 yards down the field in 2:30 for a TD.

In particular, this season will tell us alot about Justin Tuck.....was his 2007 season a flash in the pan?

I'm not doubting his abilities when he is 100%, but rather, his ability to remain 100% as a full starter.

If Fewell is wise enough to sit the guys that aren't all there, it could mean alot down the stretch. Last December was like watching flag football.

12 sacks in 2008. And with one arm he was still a serviceable DE. Dude can play.

Man, I hope not, but it does seem unlikely to have no really special LB's on the field. Let's hope I'm wrong. I think the rest of the D unit looks pretty solid on paper.

There was just no one available this year.. not in the draft and not in FA. Besides who's to say Boley, Sintim, and whoever ends up winning the MLB position won't be superb this year?

• 2 weeks later...

probably.......do you feel like this is the year we explode on the scene again?

I don't know....there are a ton of question marks.......we are averaging a lost player a week now- Hixon, Jones

now someone tells me Felwell wants to play a straight up D

The HC looks like hes ready for a a little rascal personal powered wheel chair..........I'm bummed about the World Cup I guess

there were tons of question marks going into the superbowl year too

• 2 weeks later...

Perry is reportedly a Tampa 2 guy, which has me worried a bit. That being said, I'm almost positive that during mini-camp he and Giunta were quoted as more less saying that we'll be a multiple front, attacking type of defense. I think I also read that were seen practicing a formation similar to the Four Aces one Spags had with Tuck, Osi, The Gap Toof and Kiwi all on the line on passing downs.

Really hope we improve. I love me some Eli, Jacobs, Doutble-S but seeing the defense fail like it did towards the end of the year really, REALLY pissed me off. Didn't Kiwi basically say that guys were "freelancing" towards the end of the year and that they had problems communicating and buying into Sheridan's scheme. Big Blue is about the defense, that's our identity. I'm praying it works out in the future. We got a lot of talent believe it or not, but talent on paper means dick in football (just ask the Cowboys).

BTW, anyone think Terrell Thomas is primed to have a solid year in 2010? Seems like a good guy. When I friended him on Twitter he immediately sent me a private message thanking me for my support. I think he wins the #2 spot over Ross in training camp.