SportsWrath

Kiwi's Brother Critical After Motorcycle Crash

Mr. P

23712834_240X180.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS -- The brother of an NFL player was in critical condition on Friday after the siblings were involved in a serious crash on Indianapolis' northwest side.

New York Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka, 27, and his brother, Benedict Kiwanuka, 32, were riding motorcycles along Lafayette Road just after 2 p.m. on Friday when Benedict Kiwanuka struck a car pulling out of an apartment complex near 62nd Street, police said.

Benedict Kiwanuka was thrown 100 feet from his bike, He was transported to Methodist Hospital in critical condition.

Mathias Kiwanuka and the woman in the car were not seriously hurt, police said.

Investigators said they were told by witnesses that the brothers were speeding prior to the crash.

Mathias Kiwanuka, an Indianapolis native, played for Cathedral High School before attending Boston College and being drafted by the Giants in 2006

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/23712700/detail.html

One of Kiwanuka's agents, Ben Dogra, wrote in a text message his client "said he is okay but his brother is not. ... He is worried about his brother."

and hahaha whered you get the idea they were on the same bike.

that would be hilariously hilarious.

One of Kiwanuka's agents, Ben Dogra, wrote in a text message his client "said he is okay but his brother is not. ... He is worried about his brother."

and hahaha whered you get the idea they were on the same bike.

that would be hilariously hilarious.

The article makes it seem like Matthias was a part of the accident when it says he was not seriously injured...it should say he wasn't a part of the accident...unless he ran into the same car right after he watched his brother run into the car....

The article makes it seem like Matthias was a part of the accident when it says he was uninjured...it should say he wasn't a part of the accident...unless he ran into the same car right after he watched his brother run into the car....

i think its just in the sense that usually when 2 dudes are riding bikes together they are fairly close and there is a good chance he could also be hurt when the other rider is in an accident.

plus the article said:

New York Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka, 27, and his brother, Benedict Kiwanuka, 32, were riding motorcycles

the plural motorcycles helps me too.

hey dude at least you didnt ask if benedict was in a car or on a bike like this dude on another website did.

i think its just in the sense that usually when 2 dudes are riding bikes together they are fairly close and there is a good chance he could also be hurt when the other rider is in an accident.

plus the article said:

the plural motorcycles helps me too.

hey dude at least you didnt ask if benedict was in a car or on a bike like this dude on another website did.

It does help but I still think the article is kind of confusing. I just think that Mathias probably wasn't hurt at all, not "not seriously injured" if he wasn't on the same bike...I'm understanding that Benedict was ahead of Mathias, pulled out, and either hit the car or got whacked by the car...leaving Mathias yet to pull out...no matter

JESUS H. CHRIST!!! I have been riding since I was 17...now 46. In the 29 years I have been riding I always wear a full face helmet (no quasi-storm trooper helmets) and either a leather riding suit, or nylon/dacron/rayon Aero Tech suit; or in a pinch heavy denim pants and jacket. But the essentials are these...full face helmet, riding gloves, high calf boots, and thick heavy pants and a riding jacket so that if you go on a slide its mostly fabric and not your skin. I hate these fuckers who ride around basically unprotected.

The other day I see this cat riding up on his late model Yamaha...nice helmet -check; riding gloves -check; long pants -check; boots -check....and a vest over a short sleeve - FAIL!!! And then he had one of those fancy spine/back protectors that are a pure waste of money in my opinion outside of motocross.

The kind of damage the back protector is supposed to protect you from...well believe me if you get into that kind of accident on the street where it actually protected your spinal cord. I can guarantee that some other factor played a role in your eventual (or immediate death) or life long vegetative state.

I actually went up to the dude and told him...man you are chancing major tissue damage if you go sliding sleeve less without a jacket. If you are hot get one of the high tech nylon or leather jackets that are made for motorcyclists with vents that can be zippered open so that at speed you are being ventilated by the wind but if you slide you have maximum protection. I told him he could get a decent jacket for the price of the Terminator style back protector. I approached him respectfully so hopefully he will listen.

I know that other guys who ride here...Bleedin, VG, both Wolfs I believe can agree with most of what I wrote. If I left anyone out I apologize man.

professional football players always think they are professionals at everything else in life cause they play a sport, this case being a professional rider, hence no proper equipment and going 120 MPH, every year this seems to happen too, Roethlisberger, Winslow etc.............

professional football players always think they are professionals at everything else in life cause they play a sport, this case being a professional rider, hence no proper equipment and going 120 MPH, every year this seems to happen too, Roethlisberger, Winslow etc.............

You're right man...it got to the point where I hardly ever ride anymore in the City. I just can't take all of these untrained riders tooling around on these crotch rockets (suicide specials) barely knowing how to shift a clutch without stalling. :rolleyes: Don't leave out the dumb ass movie actors a la Gary Busey as well man.

whats wrong wtih a vest over short sleeves, besides the risk of losing all your arm skin and looking like uncle jesse:

uncle-jesse.jpg

Agreed...the coolness of the vest overrides the safety concerns that T mentions.

Agreed...the coolness of the vest overrides the safety concerns that T mentions.

They will have to remove the chest hair so that heart monitor plugs can stay attached to his torso during the persistent vegetative state he will enter upon crashing at any speed exceeding 20pmph. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

been riding only for the last two season.. yesterday was the first time i went without a jacket.. it felt weird and i probably won't do that again, no matter what heat i'm facing...

this dude is lucky he came out untouched.... the most stupidest move you can do is ride without a full face helmet (HD riders are already brain dead, they don't count)...

On before i kick that leg over: Full face helmet, leather or txt jacket, gloves with protected knuckles, boots tims or sidi... and i'm planning on getting a back protector...

ride safe fellow Giant Fans...

been riding only for the last two season.. yesterday was the first time i went without a jacket.. it felt weird and i probably won't do that again, no matter what heat i'm facing...

this dude is lucky he came out untouched.... the most stupidest move you can do is ride without a full face helmet (HD riders are already brain dead, they don't count)...

On before i kick that leg over: Full face helmet, leather or txt jacket, gloves with protected knuckles, boots tims or sidi... and i'm planning on getting a back protector...

ride safe fellow Giant Fans...

Try to get a good sale price on the back protector man. I am not sold on them as the injury its supposed to protect you from is more than likely gonna cost you your life anyway. Very small gain for the outlay IMHO. But kudos to you man for sticking with the equipment otherwise. I once did the cruiser bike thing with the Coal Scuttle helmet (German style open face helmet) and some wrap around glasses on the Cross Island on a summer night busting up into the Bronx on the Whitestone Bridge...I never did that shit again. From all of the particles of whatever getting past my fairing and hitting me in the face to the wind shear and buffeting...no thanks. :jerkoff:

I don't know if you have not already done so but look into a good quality motorcycle accessory catalog and order a purpose built jacket with vents. You will be amazed at how cool you will be at speed. Again kudos to you man about worrying about your health rather than looking kool. 29 years if riding especially in the City teaches you to consider your riding health above all other factors. If I want to style and pose with my bike, I will do it with my helmet off and the bike parked. :laugh:

....and your pants unzipped.

With a Brown, Olive or Cream skinned spermaceptacle on her knees before her Pharaoh's feet....sounds good. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb9vZ7FZ-H4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNpUgfL6q30&feature=related