SportsWrath

Spikes

so-cal dub

I want Weatherspoon! I would literally Spoon with Spoon DRAFT HIM YOU IMGRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Mcclain is a 3-4 ted linebacker only and will not get past Oakland,Cleveland or Denver anyways. Spikes is obviously overrated, Weatherspoon is a little small but he can still thump any motherfucker, he ran a 4.52!!!!!!!!!! at Mizzou's pro day and he can play all three LB spots draft Weatherspoon.

Is Beatty going to play the whole line by himself? The O line is old and showed it pretty clearly last season. What dont you understand about developing OL?

I am sure everybody is hoping LB first but I think second is definitely, or least damn well should be, OL or DT. The OL is still good but it definitely needs some rebuilding for the future.

Is Beatty going to play the whole line by himself? The O line is old and showed it pretty clearly last season. What dont you understand about developing OL?

Don't we get 7 picks in the draft?

Don't we get 7 picks in the draft?

Nas, I think that the point is that when GM's draft, they want their 1st and 2nd round picks, at minimum, to be able to be in the starting lineup within a short time frame. You don't want to miss on those picks, you want starters. By picking the same position in the first two rounds, you know that one of those high picks are not going to be a starter and one of them will. By drafting at another position, you are hopefully drafting two starters rather than one. Live with whatever pick you make, and move on to the next position.

Nas, I think that the point is that when GM's draft, they want their 1st and 2nd round picks, at minimum, to be able to be in the starting lineup within a short time frame. You don't want to miss on those picks, you want starters. By picking the same position in the first two rounds, you know that one of those high picks are not going to be a starter and one of them will. By drafting at another position, you are hopefully drafting two starters rather than one. Live with whatever pick you make, and move on to the next position.

I'm not disagreeing here, Jim. All I'm saying is if this Spikes guy is a first round caliber guy who with our luck can fall into our hands in the 2nd round, then why not? We're that thin and that weak at LB. I do hope Sintim is a starter this season... I don't see why not. Him, Boley, 1st rounder (whoever), and Spikes... that sounds like a major upgrade.. as far as OL, I do think we have a few guys who've been on the roster a year or two.. or more.

I'm not disagreeing here, Jim. All I'm saying is if this Spikes guy is a first round caliber guy who with our luck can fall into our hands in the 2nd round, then why not? We're that thin and that weak at LB. I do hope Sintim is a starter this season... I don't see why not. Him, Boley, 1st rounder (whoever), and Spikes... that sounds like a major upgrade.. as far as OL, I do think we have a few guys who've been on the roster a year or two.. or more.

Well, here's why not... because Spikes may not be an upgrade, if he really runs that slow. He is certainly not a candidate to play at OLB. So if we're going to draft him, he's got to be drafted as the future starter at MLB, and I don't think very many people really like that idea, particularly when two guys are almost definitely better choices... McClain and Weatherspoon, and at least one of those guys will be available where we pick. We've already invested a 2nd round pick in Sintim, so drafting another linebacker to play on the strongside might not be advisable in the 2nd round. However, creating competition is not a bad thing.... but even if we do it, it won't be Spikes, who cannot play outside.

I see the 2010 linebacking corps being Boley, Sintim, and McClain or Weatherspoon. I see a possible 3rd through 5th rounder being used on a project OLB, but not someone expected to challenge Sintim right away.

This team needs to look at the safety position, offensive line, running back, or even tight end in round 2.

Well, here's why not... because Spikes may not be an upgrade, if he really runs that slow. He is certainly not a candidate to play at OLB. So if we're going to draft him, he's got to be drafted as the future starter at MLB, and I don't think very many people really like that idea, particularly when two guys are almost definitely better choices... McClain and Weatherspoon, and at least one of those guys will be available where we pick. We've already invested a 2nd round pick in Sintim, so drafting another linebacker to play on the strongside might not be advisable in the 2nd round. However, creating competition is not a bad thing.... but even if we do it, it won't be Spikes, who cannot play outside.

I see the 2010 linebacking corps being Boley, Sintim, and McClain or Weatherspoon. I see a possible 3rd through 5th rounder being used on a project OLB, but not someone expected to challenge Sintim right away.

This team needs to look at the safety position, offensive line, running back, or even tight end in round 2.

Thats the other thing about Weatherspoon he can cover like an extra safety and also blitz up the middle. I think part of no pressure up the middle was more from the LB's and not the DT's people who have us taking Price is dumb to me,Alford should be back healthy and I think Alford is better at this point then Price,we also get Canty healthy we should have a good 3 deep DT rotation. I think Fewell will mix and match and be more agressive kinda likes Spags not dropping our Dline to cover a TE like

Sheridan<:ranting2:

Thats the other thing about Weatherspoon he can cover like an extra safety and also blitz up the middle. I think part of no pressure up the middle was more from the LB's and not the DT's people who have us taking Price is dumb to me,Alford should be back healthy and I think Alford is better at this point then Price,we also get Canty healthy we should have a good 3 deep DT rotation. I think Fewell will mix and match and be more agressive kinda likes Spags not dropping our Dline to cover a TE like

Sheridan<:ranting2:

Everything I've read about Price is that he's a real stud... but we simply have to address the MLB hole. And as you said, I think we are pretty well set at DT... I might add another, but not with #15 overall.

duly noted :)

duly noted :)

Hey man, I'm over in your neck of the woods right now... serving in Kuwait.

I want you to know that for the most part, the Kuwaiti people have been quite hospitable. I can tell many of them like and appreciate Americans.

Just thought I'd share.

Hey man, I'm over in your neck of the woods right now... serving in Kuwait.

I want you to know that for the most part, the Kuwaiti people have been quite hospitable. I can tell many of them like and appreciate Americans.

Just thought I'd share.

I'm not surprised Jim. Arabs are very hospitable people. If you remember the christmas would be bomber said that of the Yemeni people as he admired the country and its hospitable people. We have always admired America... that's why we can never understand why such a great country... backs the aggressor in the Arab-Israeli conflict.. Of course I'm not wondering.. I know enough about American politics to know what time it is..

Be safe out there brother, and tell my people I said السلام عليكم

I was watching NFL Live today and Kiper says because of his slow combine run, Spikes will probably drop to the 5th or 6th round.

Yeah, 5+ seconds is inexcusable. Either he's just slow or he has a poor work ethic, anybody can break 5 seconds with a little work. ANYBODY. And I know, I'm anybody. Nobody in the NFL should be slower than me in the 40 (5 seconds flat when I'm in shape, yo! :flex:)

Yeah, 5+ seconds is inexcusable. Either he's just slow or he has a poor work ethic, anybody can break 5 seconds with a little work. ANYBODY. And I know, I'm anybody. Nobody in the NFL should be slower than me in the 40 (5 seconds flat when I'm in shape, yo! :flex:)

Maybe he just had a bad day. It seems to me if he was originally projected to go in the 1st/2nd, it must have been because of his entire body of work. If he can be had in the 5th or 6th because he ran a slow 40 once, I'd say that was a bargain.

I saw 2 mock drafts having us grabbing McClain w/o having to trade up. Cant remember where they came from. Ill have to find them.

nfldraftcountdown.com has him going 11 to broncos and us picking C.J Spiller

That 40 time is weak sauce, but I think too much emphasis is put on it.

For an MLB, I'm more concerned about his lateral quickness, and his instincts. I'll take a guy who can read the play and shoot the gap.

For example, I wonder what Ray Lewis' 40 time is.

But yeah, I'd still much rather see McClain than Spikes as a Giant

Interesting tidbit on BBI:

Gerris Wilkinson Moved to Middle Linebacker: Restricted free agent linebacker Gerris Wilkinson revealed to the media yesterday that the Giants intend to have him compete at the middle linebacker spot along with Jonathan Goff and Chase Blackburn. Wilkinson played middle linebacker in college for Georgia Tech.

“I would love to play middle,” said Wilkinson. “It’s what I did for two years in college and you just get so much action at that position…What I have in my mind is middle (linebacker) right now. That’s what they’ve talked to me about playing. That’s what I want to play.”

Does this change our draft strategy? I think we are all assuming the Giants are going to go middle linebacker in the 1st, taking either McClain or Weatherspoon (who I think both will be available at #15, and both will be great picks), but it would not surprise me in the least to see them go another direction... maybe even trade down (not likely, but possible).

I think the Giants could go in a number of different directions. DT (Brian Price, a very real possibility), RB (Spiller), or OT (Trent Williams). I do NOT see them taking a DE as some mocks do (which probably means it will happen... Jason Pierre-Paul, Derrick Morgan).

And one more thing... Jermaine Gresham is the next Shannon Sharpe. The Giants won't be in position to draft him (#15 is too early, and they will need to draft defense, and Gresham won't last until our pick in the 2nd), but would I ever LOVE to see him in Giants blue.

Interesting tidbit on BBI:

Does this change our draft strategy? I think we are all assuming the Giants are going to go middle linebacker in the 1st, taking either McClain or Weatherspoon (who I think both will be available at #15, and both will be great picks), but it would not surprise me in the least to see them go another direction... maybe even trade down (not likely, but possible).

I think the Giants could go in a number of different directions. DT (Brian Price, a very real possibility), RB (Spiller), or OT (Trent Williams). I do NOT see them taking a DE as some mocks do (which probably means it will happen... Jason Pierre-Paul, Derrick Morgan).

And one more thing... Jermaine Gresham is the next Shannon Sharpe. The Giants won't be in position to draft him (#15 is too early, and they will need to draft defense, and Gresham won't last until our pick in the 2nd), but would I ever LOVE to see him in Giants blue.

I don't see how the Giants don't go MLB in the first round. Unless the guys the want are gone by then.. then I do see them going RB or DT or OT... My hunch is they will go after Mclain even if they have to trade up.