SportsWrath

My last season as a Giants fan.

Sephiroth

I'm 33 years old, and I've been a Giants fan since I was literally five years old. For my fifth birthday I went to a game at Giants stadium and that was it... I was hooked.

I dont' want to go on a huge tirade, but basically, the reason why I'm quitting on my team is because of these stupid PSLs. My dad has had season tickets to Giants games for 40+ years. He saw them at Yankee Stadium, and before that at the Fairgrounds. Well, John Mara has rewarded my old man's 40+ years of keeping HIS old man in business by screwing my dad over.

First, to keep our seats they wanted 20 grand... because, you know, EVERYONE just has 20 grand sitting around that they're doing nothing with. Then they said they'd bump us up to the third tier... until EVERYONE wanted to be bumped into the third tier. Then they said, "sorry, we need that 20 grand... pay up or get out." Now they're telling us we're "fortunate that our seats are still available... they will be similar to the seats you enjoyed for 30+ years at Giants Stadium!" And that's true... if by "similar" they mean "twenty rows back so that PNC bank, Merck, etc. can have the seats closer to the field." No alternative, no payment plan. "Show me the money" is what we're getting.

John Mara is acting exactly like what he is... a spoiled asshole that has never had to work an honest day in his entire life, and doesn't understand the plight of people who HAVE. He is NOTHING like his old man.

So fuck John Mara, and fuck the New York Giants. It really pains me to say that, because they've been such a big part of my life for so long, but honestly, if this is how John Mara treats his fan base, I'll root for someone else... or maybe I'll root for nobody at all and start watching college ball. I love our team... the character, the players, the coach. But I'm not giving a red fucking cent to this greedy fuck who is happy to screw over the people who got him and his family to where they're at.... possibly the most loyal fan base in the NFL.

alot of people are really fired up about the psl's.

i didnt realize some were actually gonna stop being fans of the team.

makes me almost happy i didnt have season tickets.

if the duke were still alive this would have never happened.

I'm 33 years old, and I've been a Giants fan since I was literally five years old. For my fifth birthday I went to a game at Giants stadium and that was it... I was hooked.

I dont' want to go on a huge tirade, but basically, the reason why I'm quitting on my team is because of these stupid PSLs. My dad has had season tickets to Giants games for 40+ years. He saw them at Yankee Stadium, and before that at the Fairgrounds. Well, John Mara has rewarded my old man's 40+ years of keeping HIS old man in business by screwing my dad over.

First, to keep our seats they wanted 20 grand... because, you know, EVERYONE just has 20 grand sitting around that they're doing nothing with. Then they said they'd bump us up to the third tier... until EVERYONE wanted to be bumped into the third tier. Then they said, "sorry, we need that 20 grand... pay up or get out." Now they're telling us we're "fortunate that our seats are still available... they will be similar to the seats you enjoyed for 30+ years at Giants Stadium!" And that's true... if by "similar" they mean "twenty rows back so that PNC bank, Merck, etc. can have the seats closer to the field." No alternative, no payment plan. "Show me the money" is what we're getting.

John Mara is acting exactly like what he is... a spoiled asshole that has never had to work an honest day in his entire life, and doesn't understand the plight of people who HAVE. He is NOTHING like his old man.

So fuck John Mara, and fuck the New York Giants. It really pains me to say that, because they've been such a big part of my life for so long, but honestly, if this is how John Mara treats his fan base, I'll root for someone else... or maybe I'll root for nobody at all and start watching college ball. I love our team... the character, the players, the coach. But I'm not giving a red fucking cent to this greedy fuck who is happy to screw over the people who got him and his family to where they're at.... possibly the most loyal fan base in the NFL.

Tell your Dad to use the 20 grand on a remodel of his TV room...then you can both stay fans while watching the G-Men on a fat ass HDTV.

This is strictly a supply/demand deal.....if nobody forks over the money for the PSLs, then PSLs die.