SportsWrath

The Giants will make the playoffs

JMFP

I'd rather draft 10 spots sooner then limp into the playoffs and get toasted in the first game.

Screw that....anyone in the playoffs can win it all.... shit, back in 2007, I figured that Tampa Bay was going to school Corey Webster, while virtually everyone had coronated the Patriots.

This year is no different.

Ask any Detroit Lion fan to choose between making the playoffs and getting a top draft pick.

I'd say 9-7 or 8-8.

We make the playoffs... but only because the rest of the NFC sucks even worse.

This Giants D is the worst I've ever seen. Worse than the Tim Lewis D, worse than the Rod Rust D, worse than anything Johnnie Lynn ever put on the field.

Man, I hope John Fox becomes available.

No argument there.....but there's still time to make changes.....if they go 3-0 and make the playoffs, everyone on this message board will be jazzed.

And that's the name of that tune. 11-tvpets-baretta1.jpg

Screw that....anyone in the playoffs can win it all.... shit, back in 2007, I figured that Tampa Bay was going to school Corey Webster, while virtually everyone had coronated the Patriots.

Ask any Detroit Lion fan to choose between making the playoffs and getting a top draft pick.

Tampa has (and had) zero wide receivers and no QB to get them the ball anyway, why would you have ever thought that?

An aging Brett Favre in frozen Green Bay? I liked how we matched up with Green Bay anyway, considering we were pretty much the same team with the same philosophies as they are....

In fact, I liked all of our playoff match ups in 2007. Dallas in the playoffs? In the Coughlin years, I'm hard pressed to think of a game where we didn't play exceptionally hard against Dallas.

Now, though, you have a MUCH better Packers team, a New Orleans team that isn't going to lose until potentially the Super Bowl, and a total package Minnesota team that is one of the hottest teams in the NFL. Add in a very strong Philly team and who exactly do you think we will beat?

And there's a big difference between Detroit Lions fans and Giants fans. That team hasn't tasted victory in years. We have. I'd rather not get shut out in the playoffs again, because that's pretty much what's going to happen. This team is absolutely terrible.

Tampa has (and had) zero wide receivers and no QB to get them the ball anyway, why would you have ever thought that?

An aging Brett Favre in frozen Green Bay? I liked how we matched up with Green Bay anyway, considering we were pretty much the same team with the same philosophies as they are....

In fact, I liked all of our playoff match ups in 2007. Dallas in the playoffs? In the Coughlin years, I'm hard pressed to think of a game where we didn't play exceptionally hard against Dallas.

Now, though, you have a MUCH better Packers team, a New Orleans team that isn't going to lose until potentially the Super Bowl, and a total package Minnesota team that is one of the hottest teams in the NFL. Add in a very strong Philly team and who exactly do you think we will beat?

And there's a big difference between Detroit Lions fans and Giants fans. That team hasn't tasted victory in years. We have. I'd rather not get shut out in the playoffs again, because that's pretty much what's going to happen. This team is absolutely terrible.

no, the Lions are terrible...the Giants are about a half-dozen mental errors from 9-4.

Besides, in any normal off-season (i.e., NOT an uncapped year), the place to draft is towards the back of the first round. The top-half guys are several times as expensive, but not several times better...more back for the buck picking late first and into the 2nd round....and in a capped league (it will be capped again, sooner or later...or I'll stop watching), bang for the buck is what its all about. Who would pay three or four times as much for Michael Crabtree or Darius Heyward Bey when you could have Hakeem Nicks?

But I might agree with you if early draft picks actually helped a team improve.

LOL

come on man- eli had given no reason to believe he could perform in the frozen tundra. that game was the biggest surprise of the year.

you could not have felt confident

A friend mentioned that Dick Jauron is a likely candidate....that would be a huge improvement. This Defense doesn't need to be the 86 Giants....I would approve of a defense that made the occasional big play and wasn't otherwise a complete fucking embarrassment.

My wife came into the room to watch the game, and after a few plays said, "wow, the Giants defense sucks". That's how obvious it is.

DeSean Jackson, coming off a concussion, is allowed to simply run through our zone? Doesn't take a genius to bump and run the guy and have a safety over him at all times.

And then literally tear his fucking showboating head the fuck off whether he catches or doesn't catch the ball...unnecessary roughness or not.nn :giants:

Oh come on storm.. talk about the glass is half empty. My God were pretty much were the underdogs in all 4 playoff games.

And what is it about philly? we gave the game to them.. and we scored 38 points on them... the only reason they're not the one's bitched out for allowing that many points is because they won.. luckily for them.

Oh come on storm.. talk about the glass is half empty. My God were pretty much were the underdogs in all 4 playoff games.

And what is it about philly? we gave the game to them.. and we scored 38 points on them... the only reason they're not the one's bitched out for allowing that many points is because they won.. luckily for them.

We out gained them considerably and all our points were our own. Take away OUR MOTHERFUCKING BONEHEADEDNESS OF ACTUALLY PUNTING THE FUCKING BALL TO DESEAN JACKSON!! Who does that?? Who the fuck does that? One of the fastest men in the NFL and you kick the ball straight to him??? Take away that punt return TD and the game would have been way different.

This defense has made a lot of stupid mistakes. Which is what I had said at the beginning. Sheridan, irrespective of his schemes or anyting, is just a plan fucking idiot. He is a DC of sub par intelligence and is just a flat footed moron who doesnt know his dick from his asshole when it comes to scheming or adjustments. He is just plain fucking stupid. Why else would somebody think covering Alex Smith was more important than letting Jackson run wild in the field. Alex fucking Smith - the motherfucker has 2 catches the entire season!! And this schmuck has his safety covering him??? This is a stupid defense. The players are average agree but with a smart man at the helm they could be much better. But with that imbecile calling plays and setting assignments we will keep fucking up.

Having said that, I still feel Dallas will beat the Saints this week and we might actually find it hard to beat Washington. I hope we make it to the playoffs with some solid momentum because if we do, then its anybody's ball game. If we make it to the playoffs, somebody needs to put a hit on Sheridan and Gilbride that very weekend. Yes the same fucking Gilbride of all 512 yards of offense WHO STILL FUCKING CALLED A DRAW PLAY ON FUCKING 3rd and fucking 5!!!!! :ranting2:

Actually it's completely oposite. We came into the playoffs on a hot streak in '07, playing our best ball. This year more resembles '06 when we fell ass-backward into the playoffs and got crushed by Carolina.

We out gained them considerably and all our points were our own. Take away OUR MOTHERFUCKING BONEHEADEDNESS OF ACTUALLY PUNTING THE FUCKING BALL TO DESEAN JACKSON!! Who does that?? Who the fuck does that? One of the fastest men in the NFL and you kick the ball straight to him??? Take away that punt return TD and the game would have been way different.

This defense has made a lot of stupid mistakes. Which is what I had said at the beginning. Sheridan, irrespective of his schemes or anyting, is just a plan fucking idiot. He is a DC of sub par intelligence and is just a flat footed moron who doesnt know his dick from his asshole when it comes to scheming or adjustments. He is just plain fucking stupid. Why else would somebody think covering Alex Smith was more important than letting Jackson run wild in the field. Alex fucking Smith - the motherfucker has 2 catches the entire season!! And this schmuck has his safety covering him??? This is a stupid defense. The players are average agree but with a smart man at the helm they could be much better. But with that imbecile calling plays and setting assignments we will keep fucking up.

Having said that, I still feel Dallas will beat the Saints this week and we might actually find it hard to beat Washington. I hope we make it to the playoffs with some solid momentum because if we do, then its anybody's ball game. If we make it to the playoffs, somebody needs to put a hit on Sheridan and Gilbride that very weekend. Yes the same fucking Gilbride of all 512 yards of offense WHO STILL FUCKING CALLED A DRAW PLAY ON FUCKING 3rd and fucking 5!!!!! :ranting2:

Thats the play where the corner released DeSean Jackson to the safety, but the safety (Michael Johnson, IIRC) was covering Alex Smith instead? Thats more of a miscommunication than a play design flaw.

And personally, I like the draw play as a change up on 3rd and 5. Occasionally it works pretty well and it keeps the D honest.

Actually it's completely oposite. We came into the playoffs on a hot streak in '07, playing our best ball. This year more resembles '06 when we fell ass-backward into the playoffs and got crushed by Carolina.

Thanks for bringing me down, Potter.

the dog thinks this is a perfect example of hind sight is 20/20. Garcia was a qualtity QB (13 tds against 4 picks in 13 games that year), and the TB defense was ranked 2 in yards and 3rd in points. No reason to dismiss that game as a walkover. the "aging" Brett Favre had one of his best seasons in his career. that packer team was 13-3 and very strong all around. the dog can't imagine at the time you were looking at that with 100% confidence. the dog will give you dallas, particularly since it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one year, but overall, that was a year that like it or not, the giants had no business making the run they did...yet they did it anyway. look at the cardinals last year. look at the steelers in '05. as a fan, if you are not in it to get to the playoffs and then make a run to the super bowl, then what is the point? the giants are a weak team, the dog agrees, but get in and see what happens, because in this league, unlike leagues where there is a best of 7 playoff format, the best team does not always win it all...

the dog thinks this is a perfect example of hind sight is 20/20. Garcia was a qualtity QB (13 tds against 4 picks in 13 games that year), and the TB defense was ranked 2 in yards and 3rd in points. No reason to dismiss that game as a walkover. the "aging" Brett Favre had one of his best seasons in his career. that packer team was 13-3 and very strong all around. the dog can't imagine at the time you were looking at that with 100% confidence. the dog will give you dallas, particularly since it is hard to beat a team 3 times in one year, but overall, that was a year that like it or not, the giants had no business making the run they did...yet they did it anyway. look at the cardinals last year. look at the steelers in '05. as a fan, if you are not in it to get to the playoffs and then make a run to the super bowl, then what is the point? the giants are a weak team, the dog agrees, but get in and see what happens, because in this league, unlike leagues where there is a best of 7 playoff format, the best team does not always win it all...

The dog is almost right..

You see, dog, the Giants had the best reason to make it to the playoffs... we kept NE from talking trash to the rest of the NFL... for LIFE. You owe us one.

Jeff Garcia was a Giants nemesis until the 2007 playoffs.

Brett Favre tore the Giants a new a-hole when they played in Week 2 of 2007.

Tony Romo owned the Giants twice during the 2007 regular season.

And forget about the 2007 Patriots. Sorry Storm, but there's no comparing the 2007 Patriots to any 2009 team. It's not even close. The Patriots were absolutely killing teams....it was fucking embarrassing to watch what they did to their opponents.

In 2007, nobody picked the Giants against the Cowboys....and against Favre, in Lambeau, in January, same thing. And there wasn't a soul around that liked the Giants over the Patriots.

In contrast, I honestly think the 2009 playoff field is much less daunting. The 2009 Vikings played like crap against Arizona; the Saints needed 3 miracles to beat Washington, and the Colts have been in a bunch of close games.

That's why if you ask 3 different writers today to pick between the Vikings, Saints, and Colts, you'll get 3 different answers.

My point is this - you play to get to the playoffs, and then it's wide open.

As far as Philly is concerned, the Giants offense completely sanded their defense.....38 points, 500+ yards, and the chance for more if they didnt' make a few bonehead mistakes.

I came out of the Philly game impressed with their offense, but convinced the Giants can take them.

If the Giants do make the playoffs, they have a slugger's chance to take out anyone they play, if they can manage an average defensive performance. On paper, they've got the guys on defense to get to that level, at least.

I'd much rather make the playoffs, and at least have a chance, then sit around until draft day and possibly get nothing more than another William Joseph.

Well said, Dog.

About the only thing I'd say is that the Giants are a "deeply flawed" team, rather then "weak".

I only say that because the majority of this team dates back to 2007, and the 2007-2008 campaigns suggest that these problems can be fixed. Further an argument can be made, backed by the stats, that the offense is stronger than it was in 2007....particularly how Eli is playing.

I'm convinced that the Giants biggest problem is between their own ears.

Yah, that's what good teams do Nas, they win.

Who cares if we "gave them" the game (which, we isn't even remotely true...turnovers, poor defense, and poor special teams did that), the good teams take that and win. The Patriots did exactly that for years---win close games.

Yes, the only thing better we did than the Eagles is out gain them. Which, when you consider it, is no large accomplishment considering we played catch up all game and two of the times they scored, the offense didn't even have to step on the field. I have no doubts that they wouldn't have scored on offense against us anyway, which evens out the total yards stat (how many times did we force a punt, anyway?)

I don't know which team you guys are watching, but the one I watch every week needs some serious personnel and coaching upgrades.

Underdogs are based on records. We were a much better team than Tampa and Green Bay that year and just flat out beat Dallas.

I definitely was. We matched up well against those teams. Brett Favre can never avoid a relentless pass rush and his receivers eerily mirrored the group we have on the field this year...young and inexperienced. Ryan Grant was just stepping in as their full time back and their current defensive stars were either rookies or second year players. Not to mention, with play from the great Michael Strahan we were able to dominate in the run game as well, too. It was no secret that other than Favre, the Pack was a very young and inexperienced team. And we should have won that game like 4 different times or something.

Tampa was 9-7 and was only in the playoffs because the rest of their division sucked. You realize Earnest Graham was their running back? Receivers- Ike Hilliard, Michael Clayton, Joey Galloway. If you didn't think we matched up well (which were my exact words) then you're nuts.

no, the Lions are terrible...the Giants are about a half-dozen mental errors from 9-4.

Besides, in any normal off-season (i.e., NOT an uncapped year), the place to draft is towards the back of the first round. The top-half guys are several times as expensive, but not several times better...more back for the buck picking late first and into the 2nd round....and in a capped league (it will be capped again, sooner or later...or I'll stop watching), bang for the buck is what its all about. Who would pay three or four times as much for Michael Crabtree or Darius Heyward Bey when you could have Hakeem Nicks?

But I might agree with you if early draft picks actually helped a team improve.

Yes, there's no difference between the 15th pick in the draft and the 28th. :rolleyes: In fact, I can't even count the number of times I've seen ON THIS BOARD even, something to the effect of "Let's go out and draft Calvin Johnson (or replace with other star first round draft pick)" to which the reply is ALWAYS "He'll go way before we draft". So you can't even argue that there's no difference between talent levels of end of round picks and top 15s----many people consciously realize this. Sure, you have more to lose with a top 15, but that's what scouts are for.

And yes, Michael Crabtrees and Darrius Heyward Beys happen EVERY year.

And, every team makes a half-dozen or more mental errors, every season. It's the good teams that don't allow those mistakes to cost them the game week after week. Our team simply can't overcome itself and beat the other team. But it's not solely because of "mental errors"...it's players that play uninspired football on defense and coaches that don't instill the type of winning attitude(or gameplan, even) that's needed. Teams take on the personality of the coach and it's never been more obvious. Sheridan's solution is to "hustle more" well, when you don't offer up anything more than "hustle more" it gives the impression you don't know how to fix it or simply don't care. Which is exactly how this defense plays. They definitely don't understand what Sheridan wants them to be doing or else there wouldn't be blown coverages and missed assignments once per down (explaining the 60+% third down defense we have)

I'm not saying give up and throw the games, I'm saying I hope we lose won more to officially eliminated because one more week of watching the Giants isn't worth watching them get embarrassed in the playoffs.

Jeff Garcia was a Giants nemesis until the 2007 playoffs.

Brett Favre tore the Giants a new a-hole when they played in Week 2 of 2007.

Tony Romo owned the Giants twice during the 2007 regular season.

And forget about the 2007 Patriots. Sorry Storm, but there's no comparing the 2007 Patriots to any 2009 team. It's not even close. The Patriots were absolutely killing teams....it was fucking embarrassing to watch what they did to their opponents.

In 2007, nobody picked the Giants against the Cowboys....and against Favre, in Lambeau, in January, same thing. And there wasn't a soul around that liked the Giants over the Patriots.

In contrast, I honestly think the 2009 playoff field is much less daunting. The 2009 Vikings played like crap against Arizona; the Saints needed 3 miracles to beat Washington, and the Colts have been in a bunch of close games.

That's why if you ask 3 different writers today to pick between the Vikings, Saints, and Colts, you'll get 3 different answers.

My point is this - you play to get to the playoffs, and then it's wide open.

As far as Philly is concerned, the Giants offense completely sanded their defense.....38 points, 500+ yards, and the chance for more if they didnt' make a few bonehead mistakes.

I came out of the Philly game impressed with their offense, but convinced the Giants can take them.

If the Giants do make the playoffs, they have a slugger's chance to take out anyone they play, if they can manage an average defensive performance. On paper, they've got the guys on defense to get to that level, at least.

I'd much rather make the playoffs, and at least have a chance, then sit around until draft day and possibly get nothing more than another William Joseph.

I would argue that the Saints are a BETTER all around team than the 07 Patriots, actually.

AND FOR THE LAST TIME, WE WERE PLAYING CATCH UP ALL GAME against the Eagles. You can't take anything from that game...we threw all over them because we had to match them score for score all game. This is way more a knock on the defense and special teams who couldn't make a stop to save their lives.

Jeff Garcia was a Giants nemesis while on good teams. Tampa was a team that benefited from a terrible division that year.

By the way, Week 1 and 2 comparisons of the matchups with the Cowboys and Pack don't correlate in any way to playing them in the playoffs once Spags got the defense going and the offense had settled in. Which is precisely the reason why Week 1 and 2 Giants of this season can't be compared to where we are now. They aren't going to get any better, this is the team we're stuck with and they aren't going to ever win a playoff game. You're fooling yourself if you think so. You don't win with poor defense, poor special teams, and a terribly inconsistent offense. You also don't win constantly losing the turnover and time of possession battles. You also don't win when you allow the most third down conversions of any team I've ever seen and the best red zone production for opposing teams' offense I've ever seen.

Again, the 2007 Giants MATCHED UP very, very well against Green Bay, Tampa, and Dallas.

I would argue that the Saints are a BETTER all around team than the 07 Patriots, actually.

AND FOR THE LAST TIME, WE WERE PLAYING CATCH UP ALL GAME against the Eagles. You can't take anything from that game...we threw all over them because we had to match them score for score all game. This is way more a knock on the defense and special teams who couldn't make a stop to save their lives.

Jeff Garcia was a Giants nemesis while on good teams. Tampa was a team that benefited from a terrible division that year.

By the way, Week 1 and 2 comparisons of the matchups with the Cowboys and Pack don't correlate in any way to playing them in the playoffs once Spags got the defense going and the offense had settled in. Which is precisely the reason why Week 1 and 2 Giants of this season can't be compared to where we are now. They aren't going to get any better, this is the team we're stuck with and they aren't going to ever win a playoff game. You're fooling yourself if you think so. You don't win with poor defense, poor special teams, and a terribly inconsistent offense. You also don't win constantly losing the turnover and time of possession battles. You also don't win when you allow the most third down conversions of any team I've ever seen and the best red zone production for opposing teams' offense I've ever seen.

Again, the 2007 Giants MATCHED UP very, very well against Green Bay, Tampa, and Dallas.

I can't argue with your memories of 2007. They disagree with mine.

I remember being down to Buffalo 14-0.

I remember worrying about how our patchwork secondary would stand up to the same QB that had bounced the Giants twice in the playoffs, and who was having another very good year.

I remember thinking that after beating Tampa Bay, the Giants were playing with house money.

Frankly, I don't think the current field is any more menacing then facing Dallas, Green Bay, and the Patriots in 2007. The Cowboys were every bit as dominating as the Vikings are now, and the Packers were a very solid team.

And again, the Patriots were the strongest team I've ever seen in my life. Most of their games where over by halftime. The only close games were against the Ravens and Philly, if I'm not mistaken.

38 NY 14 W

38 San Diego14 W

38 Buffalo 7 W

34 at Cincinnati*13 W

34 Cleveland 17 W

48 at Dallas 27 W

49 at Miami 28 W

52 Washington 7 W

24 at Indianapolis 20 W

56 at Buffalo 10

31 Philadelphia 28 W

27 at Baltimore 24 W

34 Pittsburgh 13 W

20 NY Jets 10 W

28 Miami 7

38 at NY Giants 35 W

I guess I don't get your point - should the Giants just fold up shop, go 0-3, and start working the phones? Again, we're not Detroit....this is a 7-6 team, that just finished the toughest part of their schedule....there's every reason to believe our offense can hang points on any defense out there.

All we need is an average defense to have a shot against anyone.

Yah, that's what good teams do Nas, they win.

Who cares if we "gave them" the game (which, we isn't even remotely true...turnovers, poor defense, and poor special teams did that), the good teams take that and win. The Patriots did exactly that for years---win close games.

Yes, the only thing better we did than the Eagles is out gain them. Which, when you consider it, is no large accomplishment considering we played catch up all game and two of the times they scored, the offense didn't even have to step on the field. I have no doubts that they wouldn't have scored on offense against us anyway, which evens out the total yards stat (how many times did we force a punt, anyway?)

I don't know which team you guys are watching, but the one I watch every week needs some serious personnel and coaching upgrades.

Underdogs are based on records. We were a much better team than Tampa and Green Bay that year and just flat out beat Dallas.

Ok, Mr Negativity :rules::angry:

Yes, there's no difference between the 15th pick in the draft and the 28th. :rolleyes: In fact, I can't even count the number of times I've seen ON THIS BOARD even, something to the effect of "Let's go out and draft Calvin Johnson (or replace with other star first round draft pick)" to which the reply is ALWAYS "He'll go way before we draft". So you can't even argue that there's no difference between talent levels of end of round picks and top 15s----many people consciously realize this. Sure, you have more to lose with a top 15, but that's what scouts are for.

Which leads into the point I was trying to make: that we're all a little too conscious of the talent difference between the top 10-15 prospects and the late 1st-to-2nd round guys. I don't buy this 'throw the season for better draft position nonsense', because draft position means a lot less than we usually think.

And, every team makes a half-dozen or more mental errors, every season. It's the good teams that don't allow those mistakes to cost them the game week after week. Our team simply can't overcome itself and beat the other team. But it's not solely because of "mental errors"...it's players that play uninspired football on defense and coaches that don't instill the type of winning attitude(or gameplan, even) that's needed. Teams take on the personality of the coach and it's never been more obvious. Sheridan's solution is to "hustle more" well, when you don't offer up anything more than "hustle more" it gives the impression you don't know how to fix it or simply don't care. Which is exactly how this defense plays. They definitely don't understand what Sheridan wants them to be doing or else there wouldn't be blown coverages and missed assignments once per down (explaining the 60+% third down defense we have)

I'm not saying give up and throw the games, I'm saying I hope we lose won more to officially eliminated because one more week of watching the Giants isn't worth watching them get embarrassed in the playoffs.

lol...really man, who said the Giants problems are 'SOLELY' because of mental errors? A lot of factors are in play here. But as a source of optimism, at least mental errors are correctable. And this team has had more than most.

I'd rather see them get embarrassed in the playoffs than not get there at all.

I can't argue with your memories of 2007. They disagree with mine.

I remember being down to Buffalo 14-0.

I remember worrying about how our patchwork secondary would stand up to the same QB that had bounced the Giants twice in the playoffs, and who was having another very good year.

I remember thinking that after beating Tampa Bay, the Giants were playing with house money.

Frankly, I don't think the current field is any more menacing then facing Dallas, Green Bay, and the Patriots in 2007. The Cowboys were every bit as dominating as the Vikings are now, and the Packers were a very solid team.

And again, the Patriots were the strongest team I've ever seen in my life. Most of their games where over by halftime. The only close games were against the Ravens and Philly, if I'm not mistaken.

38 NY 14 W

38 San Diego14 W

38 Buffalo 7 W

34 at Cincinnati*13 W

34 Cleveland 17 W

48 at Dallas 27 W

49 at Miami 28 W

52 Washington 7 W

24 at Indianapolis 20 W

56 at Buffalo 10

31 Philadelphia 28 W

27 at Baltimore 24 W

34 Pittsburgh 13 W

20 NY Jets 10 W

28 Miami 7

38 at NY Giants 35 W

I guess I don't get your point - should the Giants just fold up shop, go 0-3, and start working the phones? Again, we're not Detroit....this is a 7-6 team, that just finished the toughest part of their schedule....there's every reason to believe our offense can hang points on any defense out there.

All we need is an average defense to have a shot against anyone.

No, you don't get my point because you read the first 2 sentences and stop.

Again, like I've said a couple times now, I want a loss so this silly notion of playoffs leaves everyone's minds. I don't feel like being dominated(last year) or skunked again(Carolina a couple years ago). If that means waiting an extra couple weeks before I get to see the Giants again next year, so be it.

The thought that any old .500 team (that's basically what we are) can make the playoffs and go on a run and get to the Super Bowl if they got "hot" is ludicrous. The 07 team was about twice as good as this one for the mere fact they had a defense. Teams get hot and make playoff runs because they're good and have improved all season not because they hung around long enough that their record is still close enough that the playoffs are in reach.

Our 07 secondary: Sam Madison, Corey Webster, Aaron Ross, RW McQuarters, Kevin Dockery, Michael Johnson, Gibril Wilson, James Butler.........that lineup STILL gives me more confidence than what we have back there now and McQuarters and Sam Madison are most likely retired! That year Webster and Gibril came into their own for us and dominated in the playoffs. No one will do that on the current team. They don't possess a single leader on defense.

Again back into the playoffs and get embarrassed or draft 10-15 spots sooner? I'll take the early draft pick because this team is awful.