SportsWrath

2 Things I Never Want To See Again

Lubeck

Just because he was allowed to run uncovered through most of the game does not mean he is uncoverable. Sheridan's schemes either a) haven't gotten through to the players or b) are actually retarded. Either way his head will roll.

I agree with you, but Jackson is one of the best WR's in the NFL. He may not be uncoverable, but he is close. He is so fast. We didn't lose last night because of his receiving, his return TD hurt us more. No matter what you do, Jackson is going to get his. Should we have done better covering him? Yes. We didn't bump him enough and we needed to play more man and more doubles against him rather than the zone, which the Eagles exploited a lot.

There is no bump at the line which is the Lewis special. Poor Ross had no shot at covering a WR running full speed down the field (although he should have played the man more than the ball). With the injuries at safety I have no idea why Sheridan is ever playing zone. It should be man to man with Webster and Ross the 2 starting CBs. Then use Rouse, if using 2 safties, as deep help and Brown as TE/run help. Again a TE killed the D.

The personnel was fine. You can't put Terrell Thomas at Safety, and Thomas has done a very good job at corner this year for us. I actually think Thomas is the better corner over Aaron Ross at this point. If you don't keep Ross at Safety, then you have CC Brown back there, and I don't think any of us wanted to see that. Not sure if Michael Johnson played but he was questionable before the game, only practiced on a limited basis this week, and is probably not 100%. I know he did not start and did not record any tackles, so I don't think he played so he was probably unavailable. Personnel wise, Ross, Rouse, Webster, and Thomas are the best 4 guys we can play in that secondary. Our problem is that Sheridan's pass defense schemes were not effective.

I agree with you, but Jackson is one of the best WR's in the NFL. He may not be uncoverable, but he is close. He is so fast. We didn't lose last night because of his receiving, his return TD hurt us more. No matter what you do, Jackson is going to get his. Should we have done better covering him? Yes. We didn't bump him enough and we needed to play more man and more doubles against him rather than the zone, which the Eagles exploited a lot.

The personnel was fine. You can't put Terrell Thomas at Safety, and Thomas has done a very good job at corner this year for us. I actually think Thomas is the better corner over Aaron Ross at this point. If you don't keep Ross at Safety, then you have CC Brown back there, and I don't think any of us wanted to see that. Not sure if Michael Johnson played but he was questionable before the game, only practiced on a limited basis this week, and is probably not 100%. I know he did not start and did not record any tackles, so I don't think he played so he was probably unavailable. Personnel wise, Ross, Rouse, Webster, and Thomas are the best 4 guys we can play in that secondary. Our problem is that Sheridan's pass defense schemes were not effective.

Terrel Thomas can't be blamed for the poor scheming by Sheriden. If anything, Terrel Thomas is the giant's defensive MVP of the year.