SportsWrath

Tiki Barber will be honorary game captain this week

Mr. P

Tiki has a right to his opinions and its funny how it can seem like sour grapes. Think of it this way, had he not retired, we may have always relied on him, never developed Eli, and the SB may have always eluded us.

I loved him but he's gone, gave us some good stuff and I'll always cheer for him, but know that he's speaking his mind. Hell, on HBO Inside Football, Phil Simms complained about being cut after a Pro Bowl season and scoffed at loyalty to the Giants.

And that was from St. Phil no less.

Tiki has a right to his opinions and its funny how it can seem like sour grapes. Think of it this way, had he not retired, we may have always relied on him, never developed Eli, and the SB may have always eluded us.

I loved him but he's gone, gave us some good stuff and I'll always cheer for him, but know that he's speaking his mind. Hell, on HBO Inside Football, Phil Simms complained about being cut after a Pro Bowl season and scoffed at loyalty to the Giants.

And that was from St. Phil no less.

I agree...too bad on Phil....but he was a victim of George Youngs' senility and his pet project Dave Brown. He never should have been allowed to ditch a still serviceable veteran for an untried rookie with an aging veteran team that the Giants were back then. His beef was with George Young and Wellington Mara (who bent over backward for everything Georgie wanted and actually accepted his explanation for the whole not rehiring of the Prostitute...Parcells) so if he still has a gripe its time for him to let it go.

I agree...too bad on Phil....but he was a victim of George Youngs' senility and his pet project Dave Brown. He never should have been allowed to ditch a still serviceable veteran for an untried rookie with an aging veteran team that the Giants were back then. His beef was with George Young and Wellington Mara (who bent over backward for everything Georgie wanted and actually accepted his explanation for the whole not rehiring of the Prostitute...Parcells) so if he still has a gripe its time for him to let it go.

Give Reeves some of the blame there too. He was a two faced, manipulative little piss ant who said 1 thing to the players and another thing to the front office.