SportsWrath

2010 #1 round pick should be MLB

JMFP

The Giants flat out need to draft linebackers in the first. Anytime we've gone to free agency and late in the draft we've gotten adequacy. Meanwhile look around the league and see a league full of top linebackers drafted in the 1st.

Or trade Eli to the 49ers for patrick Willis.

I do not follow college football closely at all, but is this going to be a good draft for LB's? I would be nervous about having a rookie starting at MLB, drafting one and picking up a free agent would be a good idea though.

Another spot that needs a good draft pick this year is Offensive Line... I am not a sky is falling the Oline sucks type of guy, but they need to start grooming some players not named Guy Wimperer

I do not follow college football closely at all, but is this going to be a good draft for LB's? I would be nervous about having a rookie starting at MLB, drafting one and picking up a free agent would be a good idea though.

I think a free agent/draft combo makes a lot of sense....Boley is surrounded by mediocrity, and coached by a boob, but I think with the right support, under a coach that knows how to make adjustments, he'll shine.

Another Boley-type free agent pickup (i.e. a proven NFL starter under 30), plus a 1st round pick to groom for a starter's role, and the Giants would have properly addressed the linebacking corps.

Patrick Willis talk is nonsense. The 49ers aren't going to trade him- period. He's in the 2nd year of a manageable contract and their head coach is a former linebacker.

i really dont think anyone seriously thought we'd trade for willis

I'd like to see Sintim and Goff take over for Danny Thomas and Nick Greisen. I'd also like to find out if Kehl has any NFL game in him.

:huh:

Another spot that needs a good draft pick this year is Offensive Line... I am not a sky is falling the Oline sucks type of guy, but they need to start grooming some players not named Guy Wimperer

Agreed. If Beatty can bulk up, I think he'll be a good LT... he certainly has the feet... but he needs a killer instinct as well. We need plan B for our line who aside from Snee are all on the wrong side of thirty.

I think a free agent/draft combo makes a lot of sense....Boley is surrounded by mediocrity, and coached by a boob, but I think with the right support, under a coach that knows how to make adjustments, he'll shine.

Another Boley-type free agent pickup (i.e. a proven NFL starter under 30), plus a 1st round pick to groom for a starter's role, and the Giants would have properly addressed the linebacking corps.

I think Kirk Morrison might do well on the cheap, but he's a gamble. I wouldn't mind seeing a cheap Morrison, a more expensive OLB like a Rockey McIntosh or DeMeco Ryans and draft a young guy in an early round as a developmental type to take over for Morrison.

some folks have the yankee fan mentality- "that guy's good, he belongs with us."

You need to get your head out of your ass... I'll have you know that I've traded Eli for Patrick Willis and a second rounder on my John Madden game. So if it can work on John Madden, it can work in real life.

they played side by side along with kevin something in that memorable carolina shutout game.

so its come to this

Chase Blackburn is the problem

its not the DTs, its not Osi, or the injured Tuck

Blackburn has jinxed our world class safteys and made the All world DC- Sheridan look bad

I agree..........replace Blackburn and you have the 1985 Bears out there

LOL LMFAO :jerkoff:

look how much weve fallen off since the 0-4 Giants lost their super MLBer- Pierce

Who according to the Giants "team" paper- The Bergen Record has played his last Giants game

ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooo what will we do

the sky is falling :freaked:

I mentioned him in another thread, I agree, he'd be a great pick for us. He is a completely dominating LB in the mold of Willis and lewis.

Since I don't follow college games, I'd appreciate it if you guys can post videos of those players you speak of.

I mentioned him in another thread, I agree, he'd be a great pick for us. He is a completely dominating LB in the mold of Willis and lewis.

He gouged the eyes of a RB... sounds like the attitude adjustment our Defense needs... could he realistically fall to the middle of the first round?

He gouged the eyes of a RB... sounds like the attitude adjustment our Defense needs... could he realistically fall to the middle of the first round?

who? youtube him already.

Speaking of which, I remember guys here were hoping the Giants land Brian Cushing (might've botched his name but whatever)... The guy is starting for the Texans (not sure) and he looked pretty good.

On the other hand Sintim has looked very good in the very limited time he got, I don't see why Clark is starting over him.

Yeah, he's a mean player, when he's on the field, you know it, he completrely changes their D and you notice wether he's playing or not. Pass, run, he's good at both. And a punishing hitter to boot.

From what I've read, he could move into the top ten if he manages to increas his 40, he's already pretty damn quick for a MLB, but i expect him to be a top 10-15 pick like Willis, best we could hope for is the eye gouging thing drops him a few spots.

who? youtube him already.

Speaking of which, I remember guys here were hoping the Giants land Brian Cushing (might've botched his name but whatever)... The guy is starting for the Texans (not sure) and he looked pretty good.

On the other hand Sintim has looked very good in the very limited time he got, I don't see why Clark is starting over him.

Cushing is a monster, Houston is putting a fucking great D together. I think Larinitius(sp) was the favorite here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFqTXa89nGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J734kA0DISg