SportsWrath

Tiki and Plax

Nas

First, I'm ready to forgive Tiki Barber and welcome him as one of the Giants' all time greats.

Secondly, I know the chances of this happening is slim to none but I wouldn't mind seeing Plax back in blue.

I've never had a problem with Tiki, I think people just over-reacted to what he said. I still love the guy as a Giants and what he was able to do for us, he is one of the best all around RBs that the Giants have ever had. I remember watching old NFL Replays of the Giants from 05-06 and seeing Tiki run the ball was just something great now that you look back at it. He was deceptively strong for being such a smaller back, he kept his legs kicking from snap to whistle which let him run out of tackles. Plus seeing him hold the ball that way he did when he went without a fumble for that stretch of games. He holds quite a few records and I'm grateful for everything he did for us, he is a GOAT.

You know I was alway one who tried to defend Plax, heh I always seem to jump on certain players I like and defend them i.e. Webster/Moss. Anywho I will remember Plax for what he did for the Giants and how he help us win the Superbowl, but the team made the decision to move on. We have a really young group of WRs who have a ton of potential in Nicks, Barden, Manningham. Not to mention Moss who from all reports is tearing up training camp, so I hope he finally gets a solid chance at playing this year or else he is more then likely gone by next season. Smith/Hixon are both experienced and Smith will be holding down our #2 for the rest of his career though I'm really glad to see he is hungry for the #1 spot. So although it would be nice to have Plax this year, I'm even more excited to see what our current WR core can do and develop with Manning.

Oh man.....I need to go look up past posts. I would SWEAR that every one but me was against Tiki. What BIC just said, echoes what I said about Tiki when he made those comments about Eli. It was no big deal. But I dont remember anyone agreeing with me. :rolleyes:

Oh man.....I need to go look up past posts. I would SWEAR that every one but me was against Tiki. What BIC just said, echoes what I said about Tiki when he made those comments about Eli. It was no big deal. But I dont remember anyone agreeing with me. :rolleyes:

I'm not denying that I was against, Tiki. And if I had to do it all over again, I'd still be upset with his behavior. However, I'm ready to forgive him... time heals. I, also, was Plax's biggest critic and now I feel it's time to move on.. even bring him back.. probably for much cheaper. ANd why not since we need our rookies to develop.

I'm not denying that I was against, Tiki. And if I had to do it all over again, I'd still be upset with his behavior. However, I'm ready to forgive him... time heals. I, also, was Plax's biggest critic and now I feel it's time to move on.. even bring him back.. probably for much cheaper. ANd why not since we need our rookies to develop.

Isnt he still facing jail time/suspension from the league?

Plus the way we dumped him off I highly doubt he would want to come back or the Giants are willing to accept him back.

Isnt he still facing jail time/suspension from the league?

Plus the way we dumped him off I highly doubt he would want to come back or the Giants are willing to accept him back.

Rumor has it he maybe suspended for 8 games. Think about it, would you rather see him sign with Philadelphia? Money talks and if the Eagles can give Vick a 2nd chance, we should be more than willing to to give plax a 2nd chance. Besides think of how sick our WR corp would be. Doing this leaves our team with pretty much one weakness and that's at LB.. and I don't think it's that much of a weakness anyway.

Rumor has it he maybe suspended for 8 games. Think about it, would you rather see him sign with Philadelphia? Money talks and if the Eagles can give Vick a 2nd chance, we should be more than willing to to give plax a 2nd chance. Besides think of how sick our WR corp would be. Doing this leaves our team with pretty much one weakness and that's at LB.. and I don't think it's that much of a weakness anyway.

I really dont care what Plax did I have no hard feeling towards him what so ever, hes an adult and made his own choices. I'm not against re-signing him IF he got no jail time, however we kinda did give Plax a second chance. When the whole situation came out with we stood behind Plax and told him we wont let him go, it wasnt until him and his lawyer decided to postpone the trail and everything well into training camp that the Giants decided it was in their best interests to let him go. Maybe if he gets no jail time and lets say the suspension is small i.e. 4-6 games, then we should give him another look and send and offer his way but if he's going to be out for half a season or jail time I'd rather us move on with our WR core.

tiki pissed me off when he said the shit about eli

but i forgave him shortly after, and was never supermad at the guy, still loved him as a player, i still have a tiki jersey i considered converting to a phillips but decided against it.

and plax, if he came back id be fine with it but that ship has sailed.

No, you can check my posts too.

There are people on this board who can judge a players career based on what he says after it. When he said what he said, he suddenly sucked as a player.

First, I'm ready to forgive Tiki Barber and welcome him as one of the Giants' all time greats.

Secondly, I know the chances of this happening is slim to none but I wouldn't mind seeing Plax back in blue.

Wow thats strange. I was saying the same exact thing to my cousin the other day. Im ready to forgive Tiki, and just remember him as the great player he became.

As for Plax, Forget him.wink.gif

I believe what most people said that you could not fathom was that they loved him on the field- off the field he was divisive and not a good teammate. I still feel that way and may I add now he sucks as a commentator and fluff reporter.

I believe what most people said that you could not fathom was that they loved him on the field- off the field he was divisive and not a good teammate. I still feel that way and may I add now he sucks as a commentator and fluff reporter.

I dont remember the convos being anything more than about the comments he made about Eli, but that could be true. And yes......he stinks as a commentator.

Seriously BB01, I fought for Tiki tooth and nail nearly every time he was brought up in a bad light. Seriously... I always maintained that Tiki didn't say anything malicious or even untrue... he was just doing his job.

But Nas, I'm sure Tiki is jubilant now that you've finally forgiven him. :rolleyes:

Seriously BB01, I fought for Tiki tooth and nail nearly every time he was brought up in a bad light. Seriously... I always maintained that Tiki didn't say anything malicious or even untrue... he was just doing his job.

Yes I remember you defending him and I still now disagree with you for defending him then. The criticism he got was how he mouthed off against the coach, Eli.. and how he talked retirement in mid-season.. It's only fitting that we we won the SB the season after he retired. All I'm saying here is.. I'm now ready to let it go.

But Nas, I'm sure Tiki is jubilant now that you've finally forgiven him. :rolleyes:

I know :)

Tiki cared more about Tiki in the end than the team. It's a shame because for most of his career it was the exact opposite.

I've had enough of Plax and think he'll miss us more than we miss him.

I like our team, players, work ethic, and attitude. Were fine without those two.

I was and always have been a big Tiki fan. The man had his own opinions, doesn't take away what he did on the field. He never killed dogs or people, never got arrested for beating his woman or starting fights at strip clubs. He just voiced his opinion about Eli, and then later admitted he was wrong.

No, you can check my posts too.

There are people on this board who can judge a players career based on what he says after it. When he said what he said, he suddenly sucked as a player.

Idon't recall a single person on this board ever saying he sucked as a player. lots of 'Tom fixed your fumbling", but never "you sucked as a player'

Tiki sold his loyalty for a career on tv, and in the end the only thing people were interested in were what he had to say about the giants, nobody cared about anything else out of his mouth.

I never had a problem with Tiki. He did what he felt he had to do and I'm pretty sure watching his former teammates raise the Lombardi trophy over their heads was a bittersweet moment for him.

Plaxico on the other hand was not a homegrown product but a free agent who screwed up a wonderful opportunity. Easy come, easy go.

I believe he could care less what we think of him.

You're my HERO.... :blush:

I remember Jim. ;)