SportsWrath

Michael Crabtree

BigPete

This is largely hypothetical, being a somewhat slow day in training camp,,,,

Michael Crabtree is holding out and is reportedly willing to re-enter the draft next year if need be.

One things is definate; for whatever reason many NFL teams seem very reluctant to pay WRs the big money contracts. Much like vets, this is pretty much the only bargaining chip they have. OF course all players want to be on the field. But at the same time this is a business as well.

IF Crabtree is willing to follow through on his holdout threats, is it worth the 49ers trading his rights to another team?

Assuming a trade was a possibility, should Reese should make a bid for him?

It would certainly cost our 2010 first round pick, which will likely be late in the round.

It could likely also include a decent young player or two (we do have guys like Manningham, Moss, Tyree, Hagan, Whimper, Blackburn, Wilkinson etc who could potentially be included on any deal) and/or a conditional future draft pick.

Any thoughts

Michael Crabtree is holding out and is reportedly willing to re-enter the draft next year if need be.

One things is definate; for whatever reason many NFL teams seem very reluctant to pay WRs the big money contracts. Much like vets, this is pretty much the only bargaining chip they have. OF course all players want to be on the field. But at the same time this is a business as well.

IF Crabtree is willing to follow through on his holdout threats, is it worth the 49ers trading his rights to another team?

It would certainly cost our 2010 first round pick, which will likely be late in the round.

It could likely also include a decent young player or two (we do have guys like Manningham, Moss, Tyree, Hagan, Whimper, Blackburn, Wilkinson etc who could potentially be included on any deal) and/or a conditional future draft pick.

Any thoughts

Interesting thought Pete, but we'd be trading a lot more than a first and one or two young guys, we'd be getting a lot of risk. If the Giants were to iron out a contract with Crabtree before the trade (which I don't know if that even legal) then maybe, but bringing in a question mark like that is too risky for me. Plus, with the contract just given to Eli, and having to sign our own draft picks, do the Giants even have the money to sign him?

I actually think this group of WR's is gonna pan out to be lethal. Nicks is our Crabtree, we dont need Michael or his fuckin ego. We got a top tier receiver who is willing to prove himself before bitching for more money. Plus, I dont want to give up draft picks, when our team is so solid, that we can use these picks to create even more depth. Lets start grooming some OLineman, or maybe more LB's, a better backup QB.

I actually think this group of WR's is gonna pan out to be lethal. Nicks is our Crabtree, we dont need Michael or his fuckin ego. We got a top tier receiver who is willing to prove himself before bitching for more money. Plus, I dont want to give up draft picks, when our team is so solid, that we can use these picks to create even more depth. Lets start grooming some OLineman, or maybe more LB's, a better backup QB.

We have what could be a top tier receiver, he hasn't played a down yet, but I hear what you're saying BigBlue.

We have what could be a top tier receiver, he hasn't played a down yet, but I hear what you're saying BigBlue.

I actually meant out of the college receivers that were available. Why wait till next yr to draft a top receiver, when we did that this yr?

I am not sure Crabtree has a huge attitude problem, and he is a top talent. The 49ers have had a few issues getting their top picks into camp in recent years. He seems to be a hard worker, very physical and very competitive; with the right coaching he should be fine.

But at the same time, we do have pretty good talent at WR already, whilst it is always good to upgrade, you can't always have the talent you want at every position.

The speed element at WR seems to be the biggest change in the team; it seems to have added a whole new dimension to our offense. Eli seems to be adjusting really well and we could have a genuinely explosive passing game to team with our power running game.

I could honestly go either way on this one. I would be fine if there was a deal for Crabtree (provided the price was reasonable), it would give us a very dangerous receiving group for the forseeable future. But at the same time, I would be fine if we didn't make the deal.

I think as we are we have a potentially very good passing attack, if we could aquire Crabtree it would be a potentially great passing attack.

If the Giants wanted Crabtree that would of made a move on draft day when he was sliding,the Giants were more interested in Heyward Bey if he slid were Crabtree slid I think the Giants would of made a move for DHB. I don't think Crabtree is that big of a talent,he played in a spread offense were he never ran a route his entire college career,it was just pretty much pitch and catch with Harrell(who is in the CFL) and Crabtree. He could develop into a decent wideout but I see bust written all over Crabtree

The 49ers should make a stand. Even if to costs them one player sitting there losing on millions of dollars while he's sitting there.. I dno't know how it works but I think the 9ers can hold on to his right the sell them for the right price. Granted this asshole has made the price dip a little. I say the 9ers hold on to his rights and make an example out of him.

No. We don't need him and we're allergic to assholes. Nor do we have the cap room anyway.

Any thoughts

No more thoughts, Mister. The dude is a stupid whore.. we don't need him here.

He's going to sign with the 9ers, probably this week. But if the Giants were to make a move I would prefer a WR with experience.

We're working on it... Bolden or Edwards may very well be here.. but if not.. we're set.

not really- but i trust the local press more than national. besides there are other first rounders not signed and not in camp. just because he has a loud mouth cuz, he's a malcontent.

there are 3 1st rounders not signed....Crabtree, the OL for the Bengals and the OL for the Jaguars (their names escape me at the moment)....Crabtree is getting the most play because he has threatened to sit out the entire season...the Bungals and Jags are being cheap which is why those deals aren't getting done...at least that's what they said on ESPN radio this morning.

there are 3 1st rounders not signed....Crabtree, the OL for the Bengals and the OL for the Jaguars (their names escape me at the moment)....Crabtree is getting the most play because he has threatened to sit out the entire season...the Bungals and Jags are being cheap which is why those deals aren't getting done...at least that's what they said on ESPN radio this morning.

no, he didn't.

In this article...

http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/12052031

you will find...

oh, if some guy named gregg said it , it must be true.

his cousin said it and the reporters ran with it.

his agent denies it-i think an agent is usually the one who knows, (and gregg of course)

this agent has a good reputation for not running negotiations thru the public so the cousin

is a renegade.

oh, if some guy named gregg said it , it must be true.

his cousin said it and the reporters ran with it.

his agent denies it-i think an agent is usually the one who knows, (and gregg of course)

this agent has a good reputation for not running negotiations thru the public so the cousin

is a renegade.

bringing me back the original reason for my post that Crabtree is getting the most play because the threat of sitting out the entire season is there....David Wells is the cousin and advisor...and yes you are right the agent is refuting that, but there is no refute by Crabtree, at least none that I can find.

“We are prepared to do it,” David Wells, Crabtree’s cousin and adviser, told ESPN on Thursday. “Michael just wants fair-market value. They took him with the 10th pick and you have Darrius Heyward-Bey getting $38 million?”

But Crabtree’s agent, Eugene Parker, doesn’t seem to be on board with the idea and said so to ESPN.

“I don’t know where this came from but no such threat has been made,” Parker said.

so take it for what it's worth

bringing me back the original reason for my post that Crabtree is getting the most play because the threat of sitting out the entire season is there....David Wells is the cousin and advisor...and yes you are right the agent is refuting that, but there is no refute by Crabtree, at least none that I can find.

so take it for what it's worth

ok