SportsWrath

Anyone catch that guy we passed over

JackStroud

Although I think that Kerry Collins has carved out a very nice career, he does not have that "IT" that a real winning QB has. That "IT" cannot be explained entirely, although EA talked about it when he drafted ELI and its usually something that when you ask if a QB has "IT", it invokes a one word quick simple 'Yes' or 'NO', not much thought needed.

ELI has "IT", cannot explain "IT", dont really know what "IT" is he just has "IT".

One person whom we will never even ask if he could have had "IT" was Jesse Palmer, that much is a given.

jack its not just that you wanted collins gone, alot of us wanted collins gone. its just that you were convinced that jesse palmer was the great replacement.

that's right! he's the guy that wanted Palmer as the starter, my bad Jakk about Gallery, now can I rip on you about Palmer?

Although I think that Kerry Collins has carved out a very nice career, he does not have that "IT" that a real winning QB has. That "IT" cannot be explained entirely, although EA talked about it when he drafted ELI and its usually something that when you ask if a QB has "IT", it invokes a one word quick simple 'Yes' or 'NO', not much thought needed.

ELI has "IT", cannot explain "IT", dont really know what "IT" is he just has "IT".

One person whom we will never even ask if he could have had "IT" was Jesse Palmer, that much is a given.

"IT" in my opinion is field management. manning is a good field general- he can read a defense and make adjustments on the fly. kerri is an order taker. if the play is good, he'll execute it.

that's why he does well with fisher, one of the most prepared coaches in the league.

"IT" in my opinion is field management. manning is a good field general- he can read a defense and make adjustments on the fly. kerri is an order taker. if the play is good, he'll execute it.

that's why he does well with fisher, one of the most prepared coaches in the league.

That, and he's not asked to do too much on that team--that offense is very much a run first team.

I didn't hold the Superbowl against him--frankly, I didn't think we belonged there in the first place. Collins lost me in 2001, when he set a record for fumbles. That, and the clockwork predictability for interceptions were just too much for me to think he wasn't a mediocrity.

I've seen nothing since his time with the Giants to make me think otherwise.

That, and he's not asked to do too much on that team--that offense is very much a run first team.

I didn't hold the Superbowl against him--frankly, I didn't think we belonged there in the first place. Collins lost me in 2001, when he set a record for fumbles. That, and the clockwork predictability for interceptions were just too much for me to think he wasn't a mediocrity.

I've seen nothing since his time with the Giants to make me think otherwise.

true but he has thrived in Tenn........that was a shocker and indictive of how much the rest of the offense and defense helps some QBs look better than others

good protection,WRs, RB, field position, positive turnovers........those are the things thst really win games not QBs per se