SportsWrath

Im beginning to think the SB was a fluke

JackStroud

Hey BadEgg hows it going? Too bad about T.O. but there is something to be said for a little less talent and more team rapore

I hope you guys have a great draft, and give us a run for our money this year. Nothing like a the NFC East rivalries and ours in particular. Good luck with your new home.

Right now, based upon our late season swoons I'd say both teams have a lot to prove in 2009.

I hope each one of those faggots gets a venerial disease.

This is why I stopped responding to most threads...douchebags like JackStroud made the other MB a waste. I was Tony still had his site up, it was nice not having to deal with this stuff.

My only advice, don't respond to Jack's threads...they only exist to keep existing....and they are the same one's over and over again. :brooding:

This is why I stopped responding to most threads...douchebags like JackStroud made the other MB a waste. I was Tony still had his site up, it was nice not having to deal with this stuff.

My only advice, don't respond to Jack's threads...they only exist to keep existing....and they are the same one's over and over again. :brooding:

Glad you two found each other.......just proves there is someone for everyone

and it took one of my posts to get you together....awesome

This is why I stopped responding to most threads...douchebags like JackStroud made the other MB a waste. I was Tony still had his site up, it was nice not having to deal with this stuff

I read this 3 times before I decided it bothered me. I know you've been a respectable poster both here and on the GMB, so I am going to try and say this with all due respect.

We have a very small handful of 'trolls' here, 3 I would actually classify as true trolls. That's a pretty small amount compared to other message boards. We're a small community, and we do let alot of stuff slide, as our membership has been pretty tight knit for quite some time now. (In fact, if we followed the letter of the law, you calling Jack a douchebag would be a warnable offense, but I digress). The truth is, boards get stale, particularly in the off-season. Members have actually posted they WANT a few trolls around to liven the place up. Others find that a horrible thought. We can't win.

Just as an example (and I'm only using Jack because he was referenced in this thread), let's say we ban Jack. Those who disagree with him would jump for joy, while the proponents of free speech would get their panties in a bunch. If we do nothing, people who dislike Jack's posts claim other boards were better, and call for him to be banned (I'm not saying you in particular called for him to banned). Yet the people who prefer to take what he says with a grain of salt and choose to either reply or ignore are happy because 'big brother' isn't dictating what they can and cannot read. Until Jack (or anyone for that matter) severely breaks the rules, he and anyone else around here is free to post pretty much whatever they like. We can't just warn/suspend/ban people just because they post things that people disagree with. Stupid posting is not a 'punishable' offense. Hell, we still get shit from some members for daring to ban the Fab 4 from here. The point is, it's a message board, and if everyone was always in agreement, or always liked what everyone else posted, it'd be pretty boring around here.

Let me reiterate, Gspotter, this is not directed AT you, more like your post just set off the sounding board to explain a few things.

Assuming that's "wish" and not "was", that is one of the more ignorant statements ever on this board. I never had an issue with you G before this, but if that's the way you feel, then you should move on. This board was up before Tony's, and his is gone a long time, so if it was so good, why'd it shut down.

I LOVE this board... it's just like Rik said a tight nit family.. with all kinds of "interesting" characters... Jack is no troll.. as a matter of fact I can't think of any trolls on here... ok that's it for now.. I think I need another cup of coffee.

I guess to some sensitive souls, anyone who disagrees with them, or does not worship players they worship is a troll

That's a narrow viewpoint, and if it were allowed to take control would lead to ta totalitarian board

I'm sure all the Nazi's in Germany thought they were right and the rest of the world should be "banned"....in modern times you have all kinds of extremist groups, and some countires who follow tha old nazi path

If you want to talk old boards. the original giants board was wide open, and a ton on fun until some people could not resist taking it to the limit, and the fist came down .......whiping the current events board away altogether, and eventually making he Giants section a closely monitored bore

Who the hell is Blue Hearts? It better be a chick.

Blue Hearts is Justin Tuck, you gotta problem with that??

:P

Just kidding. It was a chick, from GMB, and I remember when everyone left GMB, before coming here, I went there.

I guess to some sensitive souls, anyone who disagrees with them, or does not worship players they worship is a troll

That's a narrow viewpoint, and if it were allowed to take control would lead to ta totalitarian board

I'm sure all the Nazi's in Germany thought they were right and the rest of the world should be "banned"....in modern times you have all kinds of extremist groups, and some countires who follow tha old nazi path

If you want to talk old boards. the original giants board was wide open, and a ton on fun until some people could not resist taking it to the limit, and the fist came down .......whiping the current events board away altogether, and eventually making he Giants section a closely monitored bore

Jack- I don't think you're a troll but come on now- don't pull the nazi stuff- it's so message board cliche.

I honestly think that the people that are annoyed at this thread are not so much having a problem with your posts in the thread, as much as the thread title itself. I still can't figure out, nor have you explained how the teams troubles in the LAST 5 games of last season has anything to do with the amazing superbowl run the team went on the year before. The superbowl team played lights out football in the playoffs, then continued to roll of a fantastic record until the end of the next year, mainly when the 2 new starting defensive ends wore down (which first time starters always do) the defensive tackles got busted up, and the teams big play threat was eliminated from the equation. What does that have to do with the shiny new trophy in the trophy case from the prior season?? :confused:

I honestly think that the people that are annoyed at this thread are not so much having a problem with your posts in the thread, as much as the thread title itself. I still can't figure out, nor have you explained how the teams troubles in the LAST 5 games of last season has anything to do with the amazing superbowl run the team went on the year before. The superbowl team played lights out football in the playoffs, then continued to roll of a fantastic record until the end of the next year, mainly when the 2 new starting defensive ends wore down (which first time starters always do) the defensive tackles got busted up, and the teams big play threat was eliminated from the equation. What does that have to do with the shiny new trophy in the trophy case from the prior season?? :confused:

perhaps the title does not quite convey my true thinking

I thought we were on the way to a 4-5 year run

I'm not so sure now.......we might be headed back to extreme mediocity.......I'm not sure

we are at a cross roads

Jack- I don't think you're a troll but come on now- don't pull the nazi stuff- it's so message board cliche.

the very definition of totalitarian extremism is you agree with the party line or your out

or in some cases worse, much worse

I dance to my own drummer......because the NY Post (or you) likes Strahan and Pierce does not mean I share thier view

I have my own favorites, and you can start with Justin Tuck who I predicted Pro Bowl as a D lineman when he was only on special teams (he destroyed people on KOffs)......not only that he showed incredible speed and strength and mental toughness

at the time on the GMB people called me nuts.......who is laughing now

I've always thought starters were 80% deserving and there were 20% who had free agent or draft contracts that management just could not sit due to addmission of guilt

Blue Hearts is Justin Tuck, you gotta problem with that??

:P

Just kidding. It was a chick, from GMB, and I remember when everyone left GMB, before coming here, I went there.

Traitor :furious:

perhaps the title does not quite convey my true thinking

I thought we were on the way to a 4-5 year run

I'm not so sure now.......we might be headed back to extreme mediocity.......I'm not sure

we are at a cross roads

Actually.. since no team has ever won 3 super bowls in a row (correct me if I'm wrong), I think we're having a pretty good run... SB in the first year and #1 Seed in the NFC the year after... could things have been better? Of course.. but stop having the glass is half empty mentality... seriously... just which team in the NFL had a better season that we did? The Steelers? We beat them on their own turf... they knew we were for real.

Actually.. since no team has ever won 3 super bowls in a row (correct me if I'm wrong), I think we're having a pretty good run... SB in the first year and #1 Seed in the NFC the year after... could things have been better? Of course.. but stop having the glass is half empty mentality... seriously... just which team in the NFL had a better season that we did? The Steelers? We beat them on their own turf... they knew we were for real.

One could argue that the Steelers did indeed have a better season, as they won the SB. One could further argue the Cards had a better season as they actually went to the SB, albeit lost. Regardless of whether or not we were 'for real', they both went to the show, and we didn't. Did we have a successful season? Absolutely. But that's another thread, I've caused enough trouble in this one.

Traitor :furious:

LOL....when I logged back on to GMB, and asked where everyone went back in late 05', that's where I was told. Then, after that sucked, I stopped posting for about a month, went back on to GMB once, asked again and someone told me you all we're here. On Bluehearts board (for the month I was on there) I saw some oldies from the CE section, but not like here. I remember a ton of people here from GMB CE. But thats why, when I asked where you guys were, I was told there. But I used to ask for Hampy and JimNasium mostly. So, maybe that's why. :rolleyes:

One could argue that the Steelers did indeed have a better season, as they won the SB. One could further argue the Cards had a better season as they actually went to the SB, albeit lost. Regardless of whether or not we were 'for real', they both went to the show, and we didn't. Did we have a successful season? Absolutely. But that's another thread, I've caused enough trouble in this one.

Yet my point stands.. that we were, still are, "up there".. hence the "run" Jack wants us to be on.. is alive and well.

the very definition of totalitarian extremism is you agree with the party line or your out

or in some cases worse, much worse

I dance to my own drummer......because the NY Post (or you) likes Strahan and Pierce does not mean I share thier view

I have my own favorites, and you can start with Justin Tuck who I predicted Pro Bowl as a D lineman when he was only on special teams (he destroyed people on KOffs)......not only that he showed incredible speed and strength and mental toughness

at the time on the GMB people called me nuts.......who is laughing now

I've always thought starters were 80% deserving and there were 20% who had free agent or draft contracts that management just could not sit due to addmission of guilt

Not true, I also said that Tuck looked like the real deal in his rookie year and said so on the board. The guy looked unbelievably strong for a rookie. And I also remember that many of the board members had similar feelings. The only concern was his early injury problems and his durability.

Not true, I also said that Tuck looked like the real deal in his rookie year and said so on the board. The guy looked unbelievably strong for a rookie. And I also remember that many of the board members had similar feelings. The only concern was his early injury problems and his durability.

I agree. I can't think of anyone that didn't think Tuck was gonna be a beast. That was clear early on.

I think he may one day be as good as Willy Joe......... :ph34r: