SportsWrath

Butler officially gone

boohyah

that could be any game since he's been here....do you want a specific game? lol

It was a TD that never should have been...up the left sideline. Butler's timing was so bad he somehow had his back to the receiver when the catch was actually made. Wish I could remember which game it was...

make me feel slightly better about the cc brown deal with how much money he(JB) got

James Butler = 3 years $14 million

Someone competent to do the job and not slow as molasses = 1 yr contract with terms yet to be disclosed.

Feel any better?

I guess so. Lord knows they don't have any money wrapped up in good players.

I like both Butler and Johnson, but we have a pretty strong core without Butler. I'm happy with the Giants move.

I like both Butler and Johnson, but we have a pretty strong core without Butler. I'm happy with the Giants move.

They say supposedly that Brown, Johnson and Phillips are gonna battle it out and the best 2 will start. My money is Brown and Johnson. With Phillips eventually taking that starting spot from Brown next year.

Butler was good in run support and is a good fit for a Spags system. He should be fine in St Louis, but he got a lot of money from them with virtually no competition for his signature. Good for him though, he's kinda lucky to be still in football.

Oh yeah. He is a nice guy and all....just pretty much maxed out talent wise.

They say supposedly that Brown, Johnson and Phillips are gonna battle it out and the best 2 will start. My money is Brown and Johnson. With Phillips eventually taking that starting spot from Brown next year.

Sounds good, if CC is honestly completely healed up from last year

Are you kidding Storm?, seriously, Michael Johnson can be the Giants starter for years. Why do you think Butler wasn't even entertained by the Giants?

Michael Johnson is absolutely terrible. The only good Michael Johnson wore gold shoes. Gold, man, gold.

But anyway, I must watch a different Michael Johnson than you do, because the one I watch overcommits to the run, gets lost in pass coverage, and gives up big plays.

Kenny Phillips, on the other hand, is awesome as hell.

I think Butler sucks too, I'm glad he wasn't entertained by the Giants. I've thought safety and linebacker were equally weak positions for a couple seasons now.

Maybe not get RID of Johnson, but he doesn't deserve to start nor is he starting material for this NYG defense, IMO.

We forget Johnson single handedly (new word) saved at least one game this year with a game changing tackle.

I doubt that. Single handedly, huh?

So without the entire rest of the team, we win?

I read in an end of the year article this year that after Corey Webster, Michael Johnson graded out week to week second among members in the secondary in terms of assignment and execution. Guess since none of us watch game tape we really have no idea what the fuck we are talking about.

I think that somewhere down the line its possible that Terrel Thomas(who impressed the shit out of me this year) or Aaron Ross could be a safety since they both tackle pretty well. I think we are in decent shape with Phillips and Johnson starting.

In all honesty if that pass rush does its thing like 07 anyone of us could play in that secondary, just ask Craig Dahl.

I read in an end of the year article this year that after Corey Webster, Michael Johnson graded out week to week second among members in the secondary in terms of assignment and execution. Guess since none of us watch game tape we really have no idea what the fuck we are talking about.

I think that somewhere down the line its possible that Terrel Thomas(who impressed the shit out of me this year) or Aaron Ross could be a safety since they both tackle pretty well. I think we are in decent shape with Phillips and Johnson starting.

In all honesty if that pass rush does its thing like 07 anyone of us could play in that secondary, just ask Craig Dahl.

i agree- i think people put a lot of stake in interceptions or highlight hits. those guys you mentioned did their jobs well.

Or draft order, alot of people dont want Johnson starting just because he is a 7th rounder.

.....1st rounders have far more tangible athletic ability than 7th rounders. Fact.

Alright, prove it.

The fact they were chosen before said 7th round player. lol

I can name a thousand first round draft picks that started for years and were good NFL players. I can think of maybe 10 7th rounders that were decent NFL starters.

The fact they were chosen before said 7th round player. lol

I can name a thousand first round draft picks that started for years and were good NFL players. I can think of maybe 10 7th rounders that were decent NFL starters.

Take a look at these.

40 best nfl draft picks(notice only 7 are first round players)

Its pretty much common knowledge that a lot of first round players turn out to be nothing while the later rounds yield the players who are going to be around a lot longer then most.

Am I saying that first round players all turn out to be busts? No, but to say that a players athletic talent plus skill on the field is determined by where he gets drafted is beyond idiotic.

Look at our starting O and D and take a look at where players have been taken. Our O-line has two players(O'hara/Sueburt) who were not even drafted along with one taken in the fifth(Diehl) and we have what is the best O-line in the game and not one single first round player on it. Hell Jacobs and Boss were fourth round and fifth round picks and our backup RB going into this year is a seventh(Bradshaw).

Then look at our D. We only have two first round players on our entire Defense Phillips and Kiwi and some people are saying we should trade Kiwi with our recent signing. Maybe after this draft we will have a first round LB to join them as well but that has yet to be seen.

I don't know what your trying to say Storm this whole "Oh hes a late round pick he sucks blah blah blah" I just dont get it.

Take a look at these.

40 best nfl draft picks(notice only 7 are first round players)

Its pretty much common knowledge that a lot of first round players turn out to be nothing while the later rounds yield the players who are going to be around a lot longer then most.

Am I saying that first round players all turn out to be busts? No, but to say that a players athletic talent plus skill on the field is determined by where he gets drafted is beyond idiotic.

Look at our starting O and D and take a look at where players have been taken. Our O-line has two players(O'hara/Sueburt) who were not even drafted along with one taken in the fifth(Diehl) and we have what is the best O-line in the game and not one single first round player on it. Hell Jacobs and Boss were fourth round and fifth round picks and our backup RB going into this year is a seventh(Bradshaw).

Then look at our D. We only have two first round players on our entire Defense Phillips and Kiwi and some people are saying we should trade Kiwi with our recent signing. Maybe after this draft we will have a first round LB to join them as well but that has yet to be seen.

I don't know what your trying to say Storm this whole "Oh hes a late round pick he sucks blah blah blah" I just dont get it.

He shoots, he scores!!!!!

exactly...it starts up front and if you can get pressure on the QB by rushing 4 there isn't an offense in the world that can beat you...just ask the 18 - 1 Patriots of 2007