SportsWrath

More Boldin info

Treehugger

Boldin on Cards: relationship irreparable

Boldin, a key member of the aerial attack that helped carry the Cardinals to a Super Bowl season, told ESPN's Rachel Nichols on Thursday at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii that regardless of what Warner does, the chances of him remaining with the team are "very slim."

Boldin, quoted in Friday's editions of USA Today, said: "I don't think the relationship can be repaired with the organization. It takes more than, 'Well, we did you wrong and we'll pay you this.' It's not about the money. It was always about the principle, guys being true to their word. I guess I was expected to uphold my end of the bargain, and it wasn't reciprocated."

Boldin still has two years left on his contract, but he's been at odds with the team over his deal for quite some time.

As Arizona prepared for Super Bowl XLIII against the Pittsburgh Steelers, team president Michael Bidwill said the organization has attempted to work with Boldin to restructure his contract and extend it. Fellow receiver Larry Fitzgerald even said he'd consider restructuring his deal if it would help Boldin remain with the team.

"We've been talking to them for two years, and they still haven't made anything happen," Boldin said, according to USA Today.

On the topic of whether he'd request a trade, Boldin said, "I'll deal with my agent [Drew Rosenhaus] and see what we have to do, but my feelings won't change."

USA Today said Rosenhaus declined to comment when contacted.

Boldin had 89 catches for 1,038 yards and 11 touchdowns last season.

"It's too key to our success to let Anquan go," Warner said, according to USA Today. "I don't know if I'm leaning either direction. But [boldin's situation] is going to be a key piece to it, whether we can do something as a team like this year."

link

Boldin on Cards: relationship irreparable

Boldin, a key member of the aerial attack that helped carry the Cardinals to a Super Bowl season, told ESPN's Rachel Nichols on Thursday at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii that regardless of what Warner does, the chances of him remaining with the team are "very slim."

Boldin, quoted in Friday's editions of USA Today, said: "I don't think the relationship can be repaired with the organization. It takes more than, 'Well, we did you wrong and we'll pay you this.' It's not about the money. It was always about the principle, guys being true to their word. I guess I was expected to uphold my end of the bargain, and it wasn't reciprocated."

Boldin still has two years left on his contract, but he's been at odds with the team over his deal for quite some time.

As Arizona prepared for Super Bowl XLIII against the Pittsburgh Steelers, team president Michael Bidwill said the organization has attempted to work with Boldin to restructure his contract and extend it. Fellow receiver Larry Fitzgerald even said he'd consider restructuring his deal if it would help Boldin remain with the team.

"We've been talking to them for two years, and they still haven't made anything happen," Boldin said, according to USA Today.

On the topic of whether he'd request a trade, Boldin said, "I'll deal with my agent [Drew Rosenhaus] and see what we have to do, but my feelings won't change."

USA Today said Rosenhaus declined to comment when contacted.

Boldin had 89 catches for 1,038 yards and 11 touchdowns last season.

"It's too key to our success to let Anquan go," Warner said, according to USA Today. "I don't know if I'm leaning either direction. But [boldin's situation] is going to be a key piece to it, whether we can do something as a team like this year."

link

q%20in%20blue.jpg

looks happy in blue :rolleyes:

I like him but will be shocked if the Giants make the moves to sign him. Eagles won't do it.

No the Eagles won't they still haven't gotten over T.O, the Eagles usually do not sign big time free agents especially guys who seem selfish, the Eagles will not sign Jacobs either they aren't gonna pay for a RB who will have to split 15 carries(thats total so like 7.5 carries don't think so) a game with Westbrook forget about the Eagles signing anybody

Yeah, Eagles are too cheap.

Besides, they've already gone out and got a legit #1 receiving threat in Kevin Curtis!

I think they are probably more banking on Jackson continuing to get better. Also the Eagles have Westbrook who fits their O better than Jacobs. Really killing their cap with Boldin and Jacobs doesn't make any sense anyway.

Back OT the whole Boldin issue is going to be hard to figure out. He also said last year that he would never play for the Cardinals again. The guy says a lot of things.

Guys, just because a PLAYER says a whole bunch of stuff about him wanting to be traded, doesn't mean he is available, will soon be available, or will EVER be available.

He is under contract for TWO more years, bottom line. Many teams take a hard line on stuff like this and will not honor the player's request to be traded. The player threatens to hold out, and maybe does for awhile in training camp. Then the fines start racking up day after day and guess what? Do you think he's going to really not play? You think he's just going to sit the year out and lose that $2 mil and not get paid anything? The guy will play, and the team will prove it cannot be strong-armed. Either that or they will eventually work out a deal. Money talks.

If the Cards came back to Boldin tomorrow and offered a contract for $8 to $10 million per year, all would be forgiven, Boldin would talk about how everything is good now with the organization, etc.

Until I hear that the Cards ORGANIZATION are really actively shopping him, then in my view, he's not available one bit, just another player on another team under contract.

Guys, just because a PLAYER says a whole bunch of stuff about him wanting to be traded, doesn't mean he is available, will soon be available, or will EVER be available.

He is under contract for TWO more years, bottom line. Many teams take a hard line on stuff like this and will not honor the player's request to be traded. The player threatens to hold out, and maybe does for awhile in training camp. Then the fines start racking up day after day and guess what? Do you think he's going to really not play? You think he's just going to sit the year out and lose that $2 mil and not get paid anything? The guy will play, and the team will prove it cannot be strong-armed. Either that or they will eventually work out a deal. Money talks.

If the Cards came back to Boldin tomorrow and offered a contract for $8 to $10 million per year, all would be forgiven, Boldin would talk about how everything is good now with the organization, etc.

Until I hear that the Cards ORGANIZATION are really actively shopping him, then in my view, he's not available one bit, just another player on another team under contract.

Exactly and their asking price will be like 5 first round draft picks, something totally absurd just to make sure no one else gets him

Shockey seemed to get his way...

Good point. But that was a little different scenario. Shockey had been a problem on the field, there was some question to the value of his play, with route running and drops, and lastly, he was not only injury prone but also there was question as to him maybe never being the same threat that he was.

Boldin still has a lot more to offer to the Cards as a player (at an exceptional value contract-wise) than Shockey did to the Giants... especially with the way that Boss stepped up. This is not to say that the Cards would fall apart. Breaston showed a lot to Arizona... as Boss did to the Giants last year. On the other hand, it will take more to pry Boldin away than a 2nd and a 5th.

Good point. But that was a little different scenario. Shockey had been a problem on the field, there was some question to the value of his play, with route running and drops, and lastly, he was not only injury prone but also there was question as to him maybe never being the same threat that he was.

Boldin still has a lot more to offer to the Cards as a player (at an exceptional value contract-wise) than Shockey did to the Giants... especially with the way that Boss stepped up. This is not to say that the Cards would fall apart. Breaston showed a lot to Arizona... as Boss did to the Giants last year. On the other hand, it will take more to pry Boldin away than a 2nd and a 5th.

Bench warming?

5th and a moss and the rights to Plaxico if he gets off.

Bench warming?

5th and a moss and the rights to Plaxico if he gets off.

As I said before Lug, there is no way Boldin will actually follow through with his threat of sitting out if Arizona doesn't trade him. He'll play, and he'll play at a high level so as not to hurt his value.

If I'm not mistaken the Giants figured out he will never live up to just before the rest of the league did.. slightly after we traded him. Boldin is a game changer.. in a sense.

As I said before Lug, there is no way Boldin will actually follow through with his threat of sitting out if Arizona doesn't trade him. He'll play, and he'll play at a high level so as not to hurt his value.

It wouldn't be the first time a player held out.... but we would have to see ... maybe we wont see maybe there will be a trade for Boldin from some team.

If I'm not mistaken the Giants figured out he will never live up to just before the rest of the league did.. slightly after we traded him. Boldin is a game changer.. in a sense.

I disagree with you on this one. The Giants didn't "see" anything. Shockey pissed and moaned about wanting out of there and forced their hand. I got a lot of shit for mentioning how I saw him at the Atlantis last March (guess that is ridiculously unbelievable for some reason) and he seemed pissed when I mentioned the Giants. Trust me - the Giants didn't see anything. They didn't want a nutcase loudmouth ruining their season (so they caved). If they "saw his demise" they would have originally pulled the trigger on the deal on draft day.