SportsWrath

A number one for Edwards

NeMesiS

I don't know what happened to him but as Lubek pointed out he has butter fingers now. Guy was consistently dropping passes and has now ruined Anderson's career. That whole Browns O just fell off a cliff.

Well he got some help from Winslow.

I might get killed for this, but I would explore a trade with the Browns. I would offer them the Saints 2nd rounder for him, and possibly throw in our 5th, maybe even 4th. Yes, he had a horrible year last year, but the year before that?

He is still a great talent and I think he will rebound from last year's performance, and the point is we NEED a great receiver in a bad way.

Did any one see that the browns are willing to trade Braylon Edwards for a number one draft pick. Is he worth it?

the dog would say you have to at least consider it...he has a very big upside, and it is difficult to hold him accountable based on last season alone. in an off year on a bad team that used 3 different QBs with limited experience and littel run game, he was still productive, and when you have no number 1 to speak of, and there is little else on the market, it would be a possibility...otherwise you are drafting a receiver that you hope can jump in and have an immediate impact, which is a gamble in today's NFL when the window of opportunity opens and closes very quickly...

The Browns are probably looking for a high number one, maybe in the 10-15 pick range.

I doubt we will be able to get it with our 29th overall we would have to package it with a 4th-5th round pick as well.

I would throw in a 4 to make the deal.

I would trade the 2nd and 5th we got from the Saints, he is not much of a problem child, i think we could cure his drops. In 2007 he was one of the best recievers in the league. He has the size we covet for Eli and he kicked Aaron Ross's ass last year.

Dude dropped EVERYTHING last year... ruined my fantasy football team... good thing I traded him and Randy Moss after week 3 for boldin

Lucky for you....He didn't do shit for me last year. And the one game he goes off (Against the Giants) I sat him down. :furious:

Lucky for you....He didn't do shit for me last year. And the one game he goes off (Against the Giants) I sat him down. :furious:

Yea... I reached for him a bit in the second and I took Moss first... Brady goes down in game one. Edwards sucked it up - I made a good trade for Boldin (although Moss still produced with Cassel - something I didn't expect). Too bad Derek Anderson (picked in the 5th) did nothing for me.

I might get killed for this, but I would explore a trade with the Browns. I would offer them the Saints 2nd rounder for him, and possibly throw in our 5th, maybe even 4th. Yes, he had a horrible year last year, but the year before that?

He is still a great talent and I think he will rebound from last year's performance, and the point is we NEED a great receiver in a bad way.

I think that's a brilliant idea, we need a tall, physical, playmaking WR, and Braylon needs a change of scenery...

But Jim it wasn't just last year...he started dropping in the second half of 07'. Its weird...like Sax and Knoblock forgetting how to throw to first base.

A #1 is pretty steep for a WR who can do everything but catch the ball.

C. Wagon.

Plax dropped passes too. What we need is a guy that demands double coverage. How many big plays did Plax make this year? Not that many, yet he was obviously the biggest part of our O. Edwards does have more gamebreaking ability and commands the same respect as Plax.

Drops shouldn't scare us off. Idk about a first rounder but a 2nd and 5th is a no brainer.

NO!

Most drops and attitude problems.

Hmmm. That sounds suspiciously like Plaxico before we signed him.

I say give it a go. His stock is low, he's about to get expensive...The Browns might want a top-half first rounder, but thats merely their asking price. I'd wager he could be had for a 2nd round pick & change. Which we have to spare.