SportsWrath

Kiwanuka

Lubeck

What do you do with him next year? Leave him on the Dline or shift him back to LB?

I've heard opinions that they should leave him on the line and bookend Kiwi/Osi and move Tuck back to the middle. Stupid idea as far as I am concerned Kiwi/Osi are not run-stoppers. You need Tuck holding down the LDE to defend against the run.

I'd lean towards moving him back to LB. Kiwi was showing progress before his injury in 07. And he does have pass-rushing skills that should add basically a 5th lineman anything he is on the field...at least potentially so that is something the offensive coordinator needs to consider.

What do you do with him next year? Leave him on the Dline or shift him back to LB?

I've heard opinions that they should leave him on the line and bookend Kiwi/Osi and move Tuck back to the middle. Stupid idea as far as I am concerned Kiwi/Osi are not run-stoppers. You need Tuck holding down the LDE to defend against the run.

I'd lean towards moving him back to LB. Kiwi was showing progress before his injury in 07. And he does have pass-rushing skills that should add basically a 5th lineman anything he is on the field...at least potentially so that is something the offensive coordinator needs to consider.

I like Kiwi alot but I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to jump ship when his contract is up. The Giants are making this guy move around to a diff. spot every year. With 8.5 sacks in his first full season as a DE he might make for good trade bait before he leaves the team in free agency and we get nothing for him.

He came into the year prepared to play LB, which meant he maybe was about 250-255 whereas as a De in college he was about 265. IMO as the year went on he was trying to play DE(a ton of snaps too I might add)at a OLB weight. Osi comes the other DE spot is his, so now you have KIWI as a backup. Tuck is not a DT and only lines up in the spot when he is "roving" on certain packages, particularly 3rd down. I like the idea of drafting a DE(to get some 1st and 2nd down reps to keep Osi and Tuck fresh)moving Kiwi back to LB and then on 3rd down playing more of the 2007 packages where the line has 4 De's rushing the passer. It was working well in 2007 and at Kiwi's time of his injury he had 5.5 sacks as an OLB.

Keeping your best players on the field while also utilizing them all to their best abilities IMO makes for a KIWI move back to OLB the most logical choice.

It was working well in 2007 and at Kiwi's time of his injury he had 5.5 sacks as an OLB.

That is what was missing the most at the end of the season. Kiwi playing as a OLB gave him an advantage at getting to the QB cause the O never knew if he was dropping into coverage or coming after them. He would have had the same amount of sacks or even more playing OLB while giving O coordinators fits worrying about what he was going to do each play. That is why I think he needs to get refocused on playing LB.

I like Kiwi alot but I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to jump ship when his contract is up. The Giants are making this guy move around to a diff. spot every year. With 8.5 sacks in his first full season as a DE he might make for good trade bait before he leaves the team in free agency and we get nothing for him.

I think you're right and be it his talent level or the situation the team put him in, I haven't seen enough to care one way or the other.

I think Kiwi will move on. The Giants have to play Tuck at end, switching him around is going to kill his career. We know he can play all spots on the line, but you can't have the guy who's underweight for the spot up against guards and centers on a regular basis and getting cut blocked by full backs and running backs. He was wore out down the stretch this season.

He came into the year prepared to play LB, which meant he maybe was about 250-255 whereas as a De in college he was about 265. IMO as the year went on he was trying to play DE(a ton of snaps too I might add)at a OLB weight. Osi comes the other DE spot is his, so now you have KIWI as a backup. Tuck is not a DT and only lines up in the spot when he is "roving" on certain packages, particularly 3rd down. I like the idea of drafting a DE(to get some 1st and 2nd down reps to keep Osi and Tuck fresh)moving Kiwi back to LB and then on 3rd down playing more of the 2007 packages where the line has 4 De's rushing the passer. It was working well in 2007 and at Kiwi's time of his injury he had 5.5 sacks as an OLB.

Keeping your best players on the field while also utilizing them all to their best abilities IMO makes for a KIWI move back to OLB the most logical choice.

I agree with every word of what you said 100%. No need for me to add anything, you covered it all.

slide him back to the LB/DL hybrid pick up another DE in the draft and a couple LBers

This is what I think. It worked great before his injury. I was opposed at first before last season began, as we all were, but he adjusted nicely and we were able to have that extra pass rusher on the field when needed.

If moving Kiwi back to LB means the Giants pass on drafting an LB, then I want him to stay at DE.

We need alot more help at OLB right now, and anything that removes that sense of priority from our front office is a bad idea.

If it turns out that we are humming on the D-Line with Osi back, then they can experiment with Kiwi again. But we need to add at least one, if not two, impact linebackers next year. No offense to Danny Clark or Blackburn, but they really don't scare anyone out there.