SportsWrath

Why would we give Eli $120 million???

osi724dasack

the guy should get half of $120 million. he is not an elite QB. he is a mediocre QB that wins games. now if the giants won another super bowl this year than maybe Eli can negotiate $100 million. but 120??? why would we tie all that money into QB??? thats stupid to do especially for a QB that is not Elite.

id rather have Carr at 6 years 15 million

the guy should get half of $120 million. he is not an elite QB. he is a mediocre QB that wins games. now if the giants won another super bowl this year than maybe Eli can negotiate $100 million. but 120??? why would we tie all that money into QB??? thats stupid to do especially for a QB that is not Elite.

id rather have Carr at 6 years 15 million

Being one of Eli's biggest supporters (mainly because of his character), I do agree that he is not an elite QB.. as much as it pains me to say it. I want him to start throwing bullets.. then when games go bad, I don't want to see that aww shucks look, I wanna see him get mad and take charge.

Being one of Eli's biggest supporters (mainly because of his character), I do agree that he is not an elite QB.. as much as it pains me to say it. I want him to start throwing bullets.. then when games go bad, I don't want to see that aww shucks look, I wanna see him get mad and take charge.

After this long it will never happen and I have come to grips with that.

I dont think he needs to be the "fuck you make that block/catch" type of guy and the playoffs proved it last year. He would just come in and play well and just continue to be Eli, I'd take that over a "leader" QB who has no SB.

He has numerous 4th quarter comebacks and that to me proves he can come in and take charge of a game, it's just against Philly the entire team..well mainly the O had a shitty game...it happens in the NFL unfortunately.

We seemed to have peaked to soon in the season and played like shit down the stretch on both sides of the ball.

Still isnt worth 100+mill though.

I dont think he needs to be the "fuck you make that block/catch" type of guy and the playoffs proved it last year. He would just come in and play well and just continue to be Eli, I'd take that over a "leader" QB who has no SB.

He has numerous 4th quarter comebacks and that to me proves he can come in and take charge of a game, it's just against Philly the entire team..well mainly the O had a shitty game...it happens in the NFL unfortunately.

We seemed to have peaked to soon in the season and played like shit down the stretch on both sides of the ball.

No I didn't mean he should be cursing his teammates. But more like saying fuck you the Dawkins and thrust the ball in there for the receiver like a laser.

I can't stomach his post game interviews, he is a robot.

"MUST PLAY BETTER FOOTBALL ,MUST MAKE SMART DECISION'S WILL ROBERTSON"

matter of fact I can't stand any waring interview he does you can tell he is not himself . He say's what the organization wants him to say. (smart on his part but wearing on my part)

I can't stomach his post game interviews, he is a robot.

"MUST PLAY BETTER FOOTBALL ,MUST MAKE SMART DECISION'S WILL ROBERTSON"

matter of fact I can't stand any waring interview he does you can tell he is not himself . He say's what the organization wants him to say. (smart on his part but wearing on my part)

Eli isnt the type of guy who is going to throw everyone under the bus after one playoff loss and I respect him for that. Sure he might want to say some things but like his brother he stays classy and bites his lip.

From what I've read/heard the guy is really hard on himself anyways, I'm sure he isnt just like "Oh Its just a playoff loss..meh"

I like it after a Superbowl win people are already reverting back to the "Eli needs to be better here" and "His attitude sucks".... I'm ashamed to say it but I was criticizing him too.

Eli isnt the type of guy who is going to throw everyone under the bus after one playoff loss and I respect him for that. Sure he might want to say some things but like his brother he stays classy and bites his lip.

From what I've read/heard the guy is really hard on himself anyways, I'm sure he isnt just like "Oh Its just a playoff loss..meh"

I like it after a Superbowl win people are already reverting back to the "Eli needs to be better here" and "His attitude sucks".... I'm ashamed to say it but I was criticizing him too.

That is not what I am talking about. I would not see him doing that either. He just has a strange robotic demeanor replay of the same stuff over and over at press time. I wasn't saying he should be up there calling people out.

That's because he EXCELS in the hurry-up offense, which should be run more often during the game IMHO.

He's durable, tough mentally, and he's a winner.

Sounds like alot of money, and it is, but you just don't find good NFL QBs on trees, and that's what Eli is.

I wish he'd be more consistent, but that's Eli. I used to be real hard on the guy, but I'm glad he's going to be ours for a long time.

With the holes we have at LB, and WR, both high paying positions, we are commiting suicide paying him that much. Like Osi said, Id rather have Car at a fraction of the cost. This on top of Spags leaving is a real kick in the teeth. Get ready for many 8-8 seasons. <_<

David Carr? He was drafted to be the face of the Houston Texans franchise and they eventually gave up on him. Did you see his numbers in Carolina last season? I know he had a good half of football in the last game of the season but the idea that he should even be considered is humorous. About the contract, yeah it is a ton of money to commit to one player. However, the guaranteed money is the number that is most important. I have to imagine a lot of the money is performance based incentives. Eli had a terrible game last week, but let's try and remember what he and the team accomplished last season. The Giants have made the playoffs every year he has been a starter and he has shown the ability to find ways to win when the fourth quarter comes around. Let's consider these things before we nominate the backup to be the future leader of this franchise.

That's because he EXCELS in the hurry-up offense, which should be run more often during the game IMHO.

the whole hurry-up thing is odd to the dog...to be in that mode more often in a game is dangerous. the fourth quarter comebacks thing is a funny stat as well...yes, he has some comebacks, but the dog would wonder (and truely has no idea on this) how often his own poor play put them in situations that required a comeback (a la the bears game)...moving the ball at the end of the game or half is easier in many ways due to the way the defense is often playing...

With the holes we have at LB, and WR, both high paying positions, we are commiting suicide paying him that much. Like Osi said, Id rather have Car at a fraction of the cost. This on top of Spags leaving is a real kick in the teeth. Get ready for many 8-8 seasons. <_<

Fuck that. With due respect to Spags, we have the personnel in place and our D can only get better.

As far as Eli and his demeanor.. no one here wants to be an asshole but for once I would love to see him give the Middle Finger to Brian Dawkins and drive down the Eagles' throat.. and brag about afterwards... enough to light a fire under our offense's ass.

This is something a Redskin fan would say.

I mean yeah Spags did help refine the D but it's not like we're going to be back to Tim Lewis or something. Who ever we bring it knows what this D can do and he should change it up much. The one thing Spags always had against him was his blitzing on third down and the lack of pressure he got near the end of this season and he didnt do anything to change it up.

Our D will continue to get better.

Does Eli deserve that much? No. Do I want any other QB behind O'hara right now? Carr? :LMAO: Eli is our guy.

This is something a Redskin fan would say.

I mean yeah Spags did help refine the D but it's not like we're going to be back to Tim Lewis or something. Who ever we bring it knows what this D can do and he should change it up much. The one thing Spags always had against him was his blitzing on third down and the lack of pressure he got near the end of this season and he didnt do anything to change it up.

Our D will continue to get better.

Does Eli deserve that much? No. Do I want any other QB behind O'hara right now? Carr? :LMAO: Eli is our guy.

Paying Eli that much means totaly forget about signing any decent FA. Hell we still have to sign Brandon. Spags didnt "help redefine the D" He turned a pathetic D into a Champion.

it's the guarenteed money that really matters--dont look at the total value of the contract

stop making sense, let them discuss this like its a baseball contract and debate if Carr(a true #1 bust) would be a better option, its cute and fun to laugh at.

Carr is a bust at QB because he's played behind shitty offensive lines all his life. He may never have been great but he never really had the chance.

i agree with this, but it's still pretty laughable to consider not signing eli and instead signing carr to 2 years 15 mil (a deal he'd never ever take)

Carr is a bust at QB because he's played behind shitty offensive lines all his life. He may never have been great but he never really had the chance.

A bust is a bust is a bust is a bust. I thnk Carr may have found his niche as a backup QB in the league. Whatever the reason he was not good in Houston. Many people have said that he held the ball way too long while in Houston and only now, as he has had time to break that habit is he starting to get better. I like Carr as my backup. I would not want him as my teams regular starter under any circumstance, unless of course Dan Orlovsky is #1 on my depth chart.

A bust is a bust is a bust is a bust. I thnk Carr may have found his niche as a backup QB in the league. Whatever the reason he was not good in Houston. Many people have said that he held the ball way too long while in Houston and only now, as he has had time to break that habit is he starting to get better. I like Carr as my backup. I would not want him as my teams regular starter under any circumstance, unless of course Dan Orlovsky is #1 on my depth chart.

I got news for you, Eli holds the ball way too long. But he has time to do it. Carr had zero time and not enough players on offense (did he ever have a running game, before they got Ron Dayne?).

I got news for you, Eli holds the ball way too long. But he has time to do it. Carr had zero time and not enough players on offense (did he ever have a running game, before they got Ron Dayne?).

David Carr is not the first #1 picked QB to come to a bad team with a poor O line and thank you for your stellar newsflash about ELI, but he does not hold the ball nearly as long as Carr did, Carr was Roethlisbergeresque in his holding of the ball.

We can make exuses all we want for why David Carr sucked in Houston(he sucked in his few starts in Carolina too but we wont even get into it)but the fact remains he sucked and other than on an injury basis I would not want him as my starting QB. This is not to say that somewhere there is not a fit for him as a QB, but I will take ELI and any thoughts about letting ELI go and replacing him with Carr are downright comical.