SportsWrath

Giants Expected to Make Eli Highest Paid NFL QB....

BurnThePhilFans

that's definately part of it...the dog is not going to pretend to even know the giant's cap situation, and they have a good front office that knows what it is doing...but isn't the likes of jacobs/ward and anyone else who is going to be due up in the next few years licking their chops now? the potential chain reaction is that it is going to make this that much harder to sign players in the future, as the standard is set.

It's looking more and more like this is the last capped year. If that's the case this may look like a bargain down the road. And if it's not then the new CBA would probably have a deal that increases the cap drastically every year so it wouldn't be an issue.

so were desmond howard, dexter jackson, and larry brown...the dog wonders how much you would be willing to pay all of them the next season?

Let me provide some further separation:

Super Bowl MVP

Quarterback

28 Years old

4 straight playoff appearances

Still hasn't peaked.

Yeah, he's worth every dime. Especially since if the Giants were to actually pay out the full freight of that contract, it means he performed better than the Love Child of Dan Fouts and Joe Montana. Everybody knows the top end pricetag is nowhere near the actual compensation (e.g., guaranteed money).

The only thing left for this kid to accomplish is getting a playoff win in the Meadowlands. After watching his (still very early) career, I'm pretty confident this will be goal #1, 2, 3, and 4 for him in the offseason.

At this point is Simm's career, he was seen as a fragile, injury-prone disappointment. Siimms went on to become a tough, excellent QB, and to-date, still the best the Giants have ever had.

The dumbest thing in the world for the Giants to do would be to let Eli play out the final year of his contract. As much as his last game annoyed me, it's no reason to gamble the future of the franchise.

Imagine what would happen if, for example, Eli takes the Giants to the playoffs again, and the Redskins fold again. What sort of number do you think a guy like Snyder would put up for free agent Eli?

Anyone that thinks Manning shouldn't get a new contract should think of Dave Brown. If, during the blackest depths of Dave Brown's "career", a genie appeared and told you that if the Giants paid up, he could conjure up a QB that would get to the playoffs 4x in a row, and then win the Big One and follow the next year at 12-4, I don't we'd be looking that gift horse in the mouth.

good for eli. im not putting the blame on eli for the loss but he didnt help. he olny had one Wr who was smith who wasn't really a field stretcher. hixon is ok at best to me. the only way i support this deal is if gilbridge goes. the guy frustrates me to much. he can call the vest game of his life one game but the next few he call them like he doesn't know what the game of football is.

ok...if you truely believe that eli manning's five year career has been so overwhelmingly superb that he warrants ths type of contract, one that says he is the biggest player in the NFL, then so be it...the dog sure would like to have you as a boss...

look, the dog isn't saying manning is a bad qb, but to earn this? not yet...maybe not ever...

I would never hire idiots like you :P

Anyway heres the deal. If the going rate for qb's is what it is and is set by the likes of Roethlisberger, Romo, Peyton etc, qb's whom have gotten recent new deals then 4 years as a starter, 0 games missed, playoffs all 4 years, 2 division titles and a SB ring and SB MVP award is on par for the deals that they got. Obviously he is not Peyton, but what is so markedly different in his career them with Bens? Aside from Eli's super bowl play vs Bens its very similar in terms of wins and losses. Isn't that what its about in sports? I seem to remember a thread last week where you said it would be a disappointment for the Giants if they lost, because its about winning it all. Well when looking at Manning in terms of that fact combined with the going rate of a 28 year old Super Bowl winning QB then yeah thats the going rate. Sure he is not worth it but who is?

You prove my point with the media. He seems to be the whipping boy just one year removed from a Superbowl victory in which he was the "MVP." A few more games like last week after a big raise and they will want to run him out of town. We seen this before with most NY sports teams.

As far as Romo goes, I wanted an extension but they over paid for him as well. But he was on fire last year and Eli's contract would double Romo's. Think about the $ they want to give this guy. Crazy. Especially when they consider themselves a smash mouth running team.

what you have to look at in terms of NFL contracts is guaranteed money, signing bonus + attainable roster bonus. The overall money and length may be more, but its not like baseball the only "REAL" money is the guaranteed portion of the contract.

I personally have no problem with this, we were 4-12 the year before we got Eli and seemed to be one of the worst franchises in the league. In Eli's first full year as a starter we won the NFC east, and have made the playoffs every year since including another NFC east title. His play was bad sunday but honestly i blame Gilbride and i would love to see Chris Palmer promoted to OC a position he held under Coughlin in Jacksonville

I personally have no problem with this, we were 4-12 the year before we got Eli and seemed to be one of the worst franchises in the league. In Eli's first full year as a starter we won the NFC east, and have made the playoffs every year since including another NFC east title. His play was bad sunday but honestly i blame Gilbride and i would love to see Chris Palmer promoted to OC a position he held under Coughlin in Jacksonville

Ben Roethlisberger played a bad playoff game at home in 2007-08 after winning the SB TWO years before. Did anyone question his deal? It is what it is, the GOING RATE for a teams franchise QB that is entering his prime.

Ben Roethlisberger played a bad playoff game at home in 2007-08 after winning the SB TWO years before. Did anyone question his deal? It is what it is, the GOING RATE for a teams franchise QB that is entering his prime.

i don't question the deal, it's not my money, i question the message it sends. golfy was right, the brady deal shows a guy who gets it.- about $10 mill a year till 2010. this was signed in '05 when p manning was already making 14 mill and trailed in SB 3-0.

i don't question the deal, it's not my money, i question the message it sends. golfy was right, the brady deal shows a guy who gets it.- about $10 mill a year till 2010. this was signed in '05 when p manning was already making 14 mill and trailed in SB 3-0.

We all know the Mannings are greedy whores, look at all their commercials. Plus Gisele made 57 mil in 2007, plus Brady gets to stick his dick in that piece of ass. I would play football for minimum wage for that honor.

We all know the Mannings are greedy whores, look at all their commercials. Plus Gisele made 57 mil in 2007, plus Brady gets to stick his dick in that piece of ass. I would play football for minimum wage for that honor.

i guess i can see your point.

gisele_bundchen_113566a.jpg