SportsWrath

mcnabb's phone stunt

Herc

I'm glad McNabb was horsing around on our sideline.

If that motivates Eli to learn how to throw a tight spiral in the Meadowlands, I'll fucking take all the bullshit antics that McNabb wants to dish out.

If that motivates Eli to learn how to throw a tight spiral in the Meadowlands, I'll fucking take all the bullshit antics that McNabb wants to dish out.

Eli needs to spend the next 4 months in the Arctic learning how to throw in -80 weather and 30phm winds.

Then maybe he can play in his own stadium.

In particular, Eli needs to work on Meadowlands conditions. The Green Bay game showed that it's not the cold that gets to him.

Eli is still young, and already has given me more great moments than anyone since Phil Simms. But if you look at his real clunkers - 2006 Panthers, 2007 Vikings, 2007 Redskins - they all share the same location.

I'm rooting for the #5 seed and another sunny road trip for the 2009 Season.

i do think the mayor was out of line commenting about this. there were far more serious criminal incidents in nyc that he was pretty quiet about--i haven't heard him demanding that the kid from bronx tale be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, or the cops involved in the sean bell incident, etc. he's grandstanding. burress is an ass but once the legal stage of this saga is over i want him back on the team, it's obvious we need him to win and i care more about that than i do about proving a point to him or anyone else

As someone who works in the South Bronx....there were at least 10 incidents that very night that outweigh whatever Burress did. Number one the Giants informed both the NFL and the City ALL of what they knew. Is it the fault of the Giants that the Doctor tried to do a favor and not report it....a resounding no. Bloomberg is a grandstanding fuck who is as anti-democratic as they come; and believes himself able to wax poetic about issues for which he does not have all of the facts. Number two...the Giants were not the Cowboys in repeatedly excusing criminal behavior. He was repeatedly reprimanded for violating team rules resulting in suspensions and loss of pay; plus the Giants suspended him for the rest of the season. Can anyone say that red faced fuck in Dallas land would do the same thing. So spare me the bullshit about the Burress situation. In fact his lawyer has a good case due to the negative pre trial publicity from said Mayor. And how many NY juries will end in a conviction for a guy who shot himself as opposed to whatever homicide recently occurred.

As someone who works in the South Bronx....there were at least 10 incidents that very night that outweigh whatever Burress did. Number one the Giants informed both the NFL and the City ALL of what they knew. Is it the fault of the Giants that the Doctor tried to do a favor and not report it....a resounding no. Bloomberg is a grandstanding fuck who is as anti-democratic as they come; and believes himself able to wax poetic about issues for which he does not have all of the facts. Number two...the Giants were not the Cowboys in repeatedly excusing criminal behavior. He was repeatedly reprimanded for violating team rules resulting in suspensions and loss of pay; plus the Giants suspended him for the rest of the season. Can anyone say that red faced fuck in Dallas land would do the same thing. So spare me the bullshit about the Burress situation. In fact his lawyer has a good case due to the negative pre trial publicity from said Mayor. And how many NY juries will end in a conviction for a guy who shot himself as opposed to whatever homicide recently occurred.

you bring up a good point, shooting himself instead of shooting nothing at all is probably going to end up landing him some sympathy or "he's been punished enough" attitude from the jury. it shouldn't, but let's face it--juries rarely adhere to their instructions

you bring up a good point, shooting himself instead of shooting nothing at all is probably going to end up landing him some sympathy or "he's been punished enough" attitude from the jury. it shouldn't, but let's face it--juries rarely adhere to their instructions

Exactly....NYC created jury nullification...lol. I know you as an attorney in training would love to defend a case like this. Even barring the objections...I would read a list of the most significant crimes that very night....especially if the guy was a previous felon and had been paroled. Oh my God...I would probably get to the second name...but that would definitely stick in the jury's collective head. "Why are we wasting our time on this waste of taxpayer money....". Charge him a fine, massive amounts of community service; add that to the 3-4 million he has lost already. That is more punishment than 90% of career criminals get with that level of felony.

good point...the dog wonders, since you elevated eli manning to a top 10, and possibly top 3 QB last february, because he had won a super bowl, where would you rate him currently? and hypothetically speaking, should either mcnabb or flacco be the winning QB of this year's super bowl, where would they rank in your heirarchy?? oh the anticipation!

it wasn't nice, no...but when in the moment, athletes will do that kind of thing. he has been battered all of his career, and he just handles it...to the dog, that was less of an issue than the obnoxious endzone celebrations that occur in football (which by the way, the dog has no issue with either)...the dog wonders, does anyone find it classless when jacobs threw the ball at the buccanears emblem after scoring last year? at the star in texas stadium wall? no - why? because he is a giant and was just being exuberant....it is all the same and part of the game. to highlight that is just sour grapes...

He didn't throw the ball at emblems, he threw it the playclocks.

so when shockey (or any number of receivers) would catch a pass for 4 yards and get up screaming and hollaring and pointing at defenders, that was all OK? look, the dog doesn't support taunting in anyway, but this was mild...and much todo about nothing...

Difference is Shockey would do that at any time, not just when the game was well in hand. I didn't like what McNabb did, and just so you know, I didn't like Strahan calling out the Patriots during last year's parade. Both were unnecessary, and somewhat classless.

I like McNabb, always have, and wouldn't mind seeing him win a title. Just not this year.

Eli needs to spend the next 4 months in the Arctic learning how to throw in -80 weather and 30phm winds.

Then maybe he can play in his own stadium.

I'm hoping the new stadium is less prone to tricky wind conditions. Eli did it in Green Bay, so I don't think it's the cold, it's that god damned wind.

I get so tired of seeing the backs of our players jerseys, Webster is the only legitmate cover guy on the whole team, i was somewhat impressed with Kenny Phillips as a rookie besides that we need a corner if free agency a lock down corner opposite Webster and a damn linebacker that can cover a TE or RB shit

I completely disagree.

Yes Webster is by far our best corner, but Aaron Ross is looking to be a solid #2 corner and Terrell Thomas is quickly gaining on Ross and TT should become the better of the two. We also should have Dock for another year as a dimeback. we just need another guy off the street and a late round pick to secure the position with good depth incase of injury.

Difference is Shockey would do that at any time, not just when the game was well in hand. I didn't like what McNabb did, and just so you know, I didn't like Strahan calling out the Patriots during last year's parade. Both were unnecessary, and somewhat classless.

I like McNabb, always have, and wouldn't mind seeing him win a title. Just not this year.

I hate McNabb, and hope he never wins one. ;)

I'm hoping the new stadium is less prone to tricky wind conditions. Eli did it in Green Bay, so I don't think it's the cold, it's that god damned wind.

You are correct. It's the wind. Granted, wind fucks with virtually every QB. There is stuff that Eli needs to do mechanically to compensate for that - step into the throw, keep the nose of the ball and the trajectory from tilting up, etc.

What pisses me off is that Killdrive didn't properly adapt the game plan - no rollouts, no quick passes to Bradshaw, lack of a no-huddle, and passing 3x on 1st and 5, etc., etc.

I am pissed that he didn't get fined. Fines come out on Friday and he didn't get one.

No way was Wes Welker's snow angel more unsportsmanlike than McNabb's stunt, and Wes got fined.

The NFL needs to be more consistent.

the fine for taht snow angel was such a joke.

I am pissed that he didn't get fined. Fines come out on Friday and he didn't get one.

No way was Wes Welker's snow angel more unsportsmanlike than McNabb's stunt, and Wes got fined.

The NFL needs to be more consistent.

I agree with you GreyHoodie...the guy has to be more consistent.

good point...the dog wonders, since you elevated eli manning to a top 10, and possibly top 3 QB last february, because he had won a super bowl, where would you rate him currently? and hypothetically speaking, should either mcnabb or flacco be the winning QB of this year's super bowl, where would they rank in your heirarchy?? oh the anticipation!

Sorry, missed your comment before.

I don't understand where you would have an issue with the claim that Eli is a top 10 QB. He's a Super Bowl MVP, 4x to the playoffs, and still at a very early point of his career.

And I guess your question about McNabb will have to wait another year.

perhaps he was fined for such a lame and cliche celebration...the dog would have suspended him as well...

fair enough but i thought it was pretty harmless and not exactly unsportsmanlike. certainly less unsportsmanlike than what mcnabb did IMO

After watching McNabb yesterday, I now realize why the Giants lost to the Eagles.

I'm convinced that the Meadowlands winds blew McNabb's off-target throws on-target, while blowing Eli's on-target throws off-target.