SportsWrath

Shanahan Canned

hlb37

Hmmm, just for the sake of argument IF Gilbride were to get a job as a HC then we would need an OC. I doubt Shanny would take a job as a coordinator and there are going to be a lot of head coaching jobs out there but he's a good offensive minded coach and I would take him in heartbeat. That being said he'll probably land somewhere as a head coach.

LOL!!! That is wrong what they did to Singletary though....they had him on his knees begging for the job and then they just discard his ass like a used ass rag...lol.

Didn't he get an extension? Martz I can see getting canned though as he seems a little out there. Tis the season for firings and I think Shanahan didn't deserve to be fired for this season since 7 RBs were IRed making his job very hard.

The 49ers just said bye bye Mike Singeltary, umm you see we were gonna keep you but nah bye bye you fucking lunatic, hello Shanahan

Seriously? I thought they gave him a coaching contract. Which he deserves for how the team responded to him...

Which leads me to a new topic. It is bullshit a white coordinator can't be given a HC spot without interviews but a black coordinator can. That is racism.

Seriously? I thought they gave him a coaching contract. Which he deserves for how the team responded to him...

Which leads me to a new topic. It is bullshit a white coordinator can't be given a HC spot without interviews but a black coordinator can. That is racism.

You are so right. It's pathetic. :brooding:

Strahan canned!

oh, wait...

Denver is not a choice spot for Spags. Too much expectation. If I was Spags and wanted a headcoach gig, I'd plant my ass in Detroit. He would have no expectations, #1 pick and another 1st round pick, plus a surplus of others. New GM who wont draft WRs every 1st pick and probably would listen to his input. He can win 6 games next year and look like the man.

Strahan canned!

oh, wait...

Denver is not a choice spot for Spags. Too much expectation. If I was Spags and wanted a headcoach gig, I'd plant my ass in Detroit. He would have no expectations, #1 pick and another 1st round pick, plus a surplus of others. New GM who wont draft WRs every 1st pick and probably would listen to his input. He can win 6 games next year and look like the man.

I think it would actually be a good spot for him. Denver has an offense; but it's defense is shit. It improves when the running game gets healthy, and they already have their QB for the next 10 years. They're in one of the weakest divisions in the league, and even if he gets that defense only to mediocre, they probably win that division next year--the Norv Turner 3-year plan is nearly complete.

I think it would actually be a good spot for him. Denver has an offense; but it's defense is shit. It improves when the running game gets healthy, and they already have their QB for the next 10 years. They're in one of the weakest divisions in the league, and even if he gets that defense only to mediocre, they probably win that division next year--the Norv Turner 3-year plan is nearly complete.

the dog would agree...and the defense has talent. they actually started five rookies this year in multiple games due to injury. they have a young front seven, and he could probably utilize what they have to transform that defense quickly. to say nothing of the fact that they have potentially one of the best young QBs coming up (the dog likes cutler) and a solid young WR core...throw in that they have 7 quality running backs and that is a great place for a young coach to start at...

Strahan canned!

oh, wait...

Denver is not a choice spot for Spags. Too much expectation. If I was Spags and wanted a head coach gig, I'd plant my ass in Detroit. He would have no expectations, #1 pick and another 1st round pick, plus a surplus of others. New GM who wont draft WRs every 1st pick and probably would listen to his input. He can win 6 games next year and look like the man.

Actually Detroit is a good spot to coach. An ownership that is going to let you have time to succeed and more than likely will give their coach a lot of control if they wanted it. Also they need a D coach as the O was okay but the D was terrible; I guess it's hard to fire family. The only really bad decision, if Lewis is fired, is Cincinatti for any coach. The owner and his daughter are the GMs and I am sure they wonder why their team sucks. :rolleyes:

Yes, but keep in mind expectations in Denver. If Spags only wins 6 games, they will call for his head already. In Detroit, he can mold a team to him and gradually kick ass.

Yes, but keep in mind expectations in Denver. If Spags only wins 6 games, they will call for his head already. In Detroit, he can mold a team to him and gradually kick ass.

the dog's not so sure - this is a team that won only one playoff game in 10 seasons, and only made the postseason in 4 of the last 10 seasons total, and you really never heard the fans calling for anyone's head there...not even jake plummer...

Its surprising only that it took this long. Shanahan has been living off his past achievements for too long. He could definitely find work elsewhere, Detroit most likely. The Lions would just be happy to win games for a change and would be quite content with winning and just missing the playoffs for years to come.