SportsWrath

Does John Madden still think Steve Smith has a big catch left in him?

boohyah

Madden said 2 different things all night.

"I still think, before this game is over, that Steve Smith will come up with a big play"

"The Giants said all week they were going to run the ball and stay with it, and they have, and i think thats the best thing for them to do, do what your good at because it works in overtime as well as it does in the first"

Oh wait, he did have one more.

"See, in the past when they lined up in shot gun, it was a throw, now, it can be a run too"

Madden said 2 different things all night.

"I still think, before this game is over, that Steve Smith will come up with a big play"

"The Giants said all week they were going to run the ball and stay with it, and they have, and i think thats the best thing for them to do, do what your good at because it works in overtime as well as it does in the first"

Oh wait, he did have one more.

"See, in the past when they lined up in shot gun, it was a throw, now, it can be a run too"

I especially liked that last one...teams have been using the Draw play for years now, Johnny...

It's that gay ass gimmic Wildcat shit they just pulled out this year.

Madden can be annoying for sure! but

would you rather have a Darly (moose) Johnston

or Joe i'm gay Buck or Tony Kornball-heiser.

he's annoying like your father lecturing you for the

millionth time but you love him anyway.

If we lost madden we would miss him.

i know i would.

Madden can be annoying for sure! but

would you rather have a Darly (moose) Johnston

or Joe i'm gay Buck or Tony Kornball-heiser.

he's annoying like your father lecturing you for the

millionth time but you love him anyway.

If we lost madden we would miss him.

i know i would.

Oh I like Madden, I just thought last night he was some senile old bastard repeating himself way too much, more than normal.

Summerall and Madden were my favorite broadcast pair. Probably the reason I bought The Replacements, because it sure as hell wasn't Keaneu Reeves.

I liken Pat Summerall and John Madden TO Keaneu Reeves. They all have the personality of a piece of wood and the wit of one too...and in Reeves' case, the acting skill.

Same here. These guys act as if this was what he was like in his prime.

I can't even stand his voice let alone his dumbass remarks that any football fan would know. And play by play commentators are generally bad...I'd rather listen to the radio or chat it over with my buddies with the TV on mute.

Absolutely not Fish. I've said it here before that Madden and Summerall are the standard bearers. Al Michaels has an ego the size of Canada (ask Boomer Esiason), and Madden hasn't been the same since he broke away from Pat. Madden has bought into the standard broadcast lingo now where every second has to be filled with words. For Madden to get back to being himself again, he needs a third guy in their who would put pressure on him not to keep going with schtick. the only guy right now out there that could do that is Phil Simms.

Nah I think it's more like we're acting as if this is how he is now, because this is how he is now.

No one said anything about his prime. He's been in an obvious decline for many years.

Nothing wrong with saying that.

Absolutely not Fish. I've said it here before that Madden and Summerall are the standard bearers. Al Michaels has an ego the size of Canada (ask Boomer Esiason), and Madden hasn't been the same since he broke away from Pat. Madden has bought into the standard broadcast lingo now where every second has to be filled with words. For Madden to get back to being himself again, he needs a third guy in their who would put pressure on him not to keep going with schtick. the only guy right now out there that could do that is Phil Simms.

Good analysis Boo...and I agree. With the right partner the shtick is secondary to the game. I remember he did a game on the Skins back in their Hogs days and when gushed about that counter trey play of theirs....where he said "look at them they are like a bunch of hogs....Root...Root...Rooting in the bush.." both my Old Man and I had to laugh. And we hated the Skins. But now he is just a shell of his former self. And too prone to sucking off the latest media darling.