SportsWrath

As if you didnt need another reason to hate the panthers

ccase39

I lived in Charlotte, and up until 13 years ago most Panthers fans were Redskins fans. Yep I talked to scores of them, and most of them used to love the Skins. The skins were the closest team at the time to Charlotte that fans could bandwagon to and adopt because they didnt have a team of their own. The rest of them were Falcons fans which is almost as bad. Meanwhile Giants fans were 5 years removed from their 3rd world championship. As giants fans froze thier asses off rooting for thier team, Carolina fans didnt have one. They will never understand what it is like to bleed for your team that is rich in tradition and history. LOL you can hear crickets chirp in BOA stadium if the panthers arent doing well, where as the Meadowlands wont have an empty seat in the house. NOW WIN THIS FUCKING GAME GENTS!!!!

amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!! these bandwagon fans are disgusting... and it's true about the giants getting a full stadium even when we do suck balls..

The Carolina Panthers are the plastic blow up dolls of the NFL. Yes they sell out all their seats every year, but its just for show. Corporate entities buy them up to make the city of Charlotte more attractive to outside buisiness. It is a beautiful progressive city, but has no tradition or soul whatsoever. Their fanbase is such a farce. Yeah they sell out their stadium, but its always empty. Fuck them. 13 years and the fans talk so much shit its pathetic. Yeah im a Saints fan, and yes we suck and have had only 8 winning seasons in over 40 years, and the sky is blue. But you know what the dome is packed every year. Its just fun and tradition. Fuck the fucking panthers

The Carolina Panthers are the plastic blow up dolls of the NFL. Yes they sell out all their seats every year, but its just for show. Corporate entities buy them up to make the city of Charlotte more attractive to outside buisiness. It is a beautiful progressive city, but has no tradition or soul whatsoever. Their fanbase is such a farce. Yeah they sell out their stadium, but its always empty. Fuck them. 13 years and the fans talk so much shit its pathetic. Yeah im a Saints fan, and yes we suck and have had only 8 winning seasons in over 40 years, and the sky is blue. But you know what the dome is packed every year. Its just fun and tradition. Fuck the fucking panthers

:o

Well atleast your team now is something, your one solid full time back away from doing some damage....maybe a DB or two also.

:o

Well atleast your team now is something, your one solid full time back away from doing some damage....maybe a DB or two also.

a DC, FS, SS and head coach (although I think he is finally aware his ego will get him nowhere)

a DC, FS, SS and head coach (although I think he is finally aware his ego will get him nowhere)

I thought you had a safety in that...McKenzie(sp) guy? Or is he a CB?

I do agree with a new DC though..after watching some of your games I couldnt believe some of the calls he made. I forget the game but he dropped that DE Will Smith or yours into zone coverage multiple times, I'm thinking "Wtf? he's a good rusher"

I like Sean Payton..can really make that O click...guess it's the D he needs to work on then.

I thought you had a safety in that...McKenzie(sp) guy? Or is he a CB?

I do agree with a new DC though..after watching some of your games I couldnt believe some of the calls he made. I forget the game but he dropped that DE Will Smith or yours into zone coverage multiple times, I'm thinking "Wtf? he's a good rusher"

I like Sean Payton..can really make that O click...guess it's the D he needs to work on then.

McKenzie was our only real CB, he was coming of ACL surgery this year, and got placed on IR again a month ago for another knee injury. Hes a beast but getting up there in age and with the injuries I think hes pretty much done. Some say we should keep him and move him to saftey, but I dont know how that would work out. Our safty play is horrendos. Yeah I hear ya on will smith, HIm and Charles Grant are two of the highest payed DEs in the league and have not done shit in Gibbs defensive scheme. Both have had solid seasons in the past, and I find it hard to believe that their talent can drop off that dramatically. Gibbs flat out refuses to rush he is to worried about stopping the run and playing conservative to rush the passer. People wonder why I have a second team, but when you are a Saints fan for 31 years, you find another team to love like your own if you like the game of football at all.Maybe one day the Saints will contend but Im not holding my breath. Im just happy the Giants have been doing well the past few years. after the 2000 season things were kinda dismal

McKenzie was our only real CB, he was coming of ACL surgery this year, and got placed on IR again a month ago for another knee injury. Hes a beast and getting up there in age and with the injuries I think hes pretty much done. Some say we should keep him and move him to saftey, but I dont know how that would work out. Our safty play is horrendos. Yeah I hear ya on will smith, HIm and Charles Grant are two of the highest payed DEs in the league and have not done shit in Gibbs defensive scheme. Both have had solid seasons in the past, and I find it hard to believe that their talent can drop off that dramatically. Gibbs flat out refuses to rush he is to worried about stopping the run and playing conservative to rush the passer. People wonder why I have a second team, but when you are a Saints fan for 31 years, you find another team to love like your own if you like the game of football at all.Maybe one day the Saints will contend but Im not holding my breath. Im just happy the Giants have been doing well the past few years. after the 2000 season things were kinda dismal

I lived in Charlotte, and up until 13 years ago most Panthers fans were Redskins fans. Yep I talked to scores of them, and most of them used to love the Skins. The skins were the closest team at the time to Charlotte that fans could bandwagon to and adopt because they didnt have a team of their own. The rest of them were Falcons fans which is almost as bad. Meanwhile Giants fans were 5 years removed from their 3rd world championship. As giants fans froze thier asses off rooting for thier team, Carolina fans didnt have one. They will never understand what it is like to bleed for your team that is rich in tradition and history. LOL you can hear crickets chirp in BOA stadium if the panthers arent doing well, where as the Meadowlands wont have an empty seat in the house. NOW WIN THIS FUCKING GAME GENTS!!!!

What was the split? Did most go for the skins or was it 50-50 skins and falcons?

Atl is closer...so why did the skins have a lot there?

Do the skins retain many fans there or is the base diminished...and did it happen overnight or not till Fox and them went to the SB?

McKenzie was our only real CB, he was coming of ACL surgery this year, and got placed on IR again a month ago for another knee injury. Hes a beast but getting up there in age and with the injuries I think hes pretty much done. Some say we should keep him and move him to saftey, but I dont know how that would work out. Our safty play is horrendos. Yeah I hear ya on will smith, HIm and Charles Grant are two of the highest payed DEs in the league and have not done shit in Gibbs defensive scheme. Both have had solid seasons in the past, and I find it hard to believe that their talent can drop off that dramatically. Gibbs flat out refuses to rush he is to worried about stopping the run and playing conservative to rush the passer. People wonder why I have a second team, but when you are a Saints fan for 31 years, you find another team to love like your own if you like the game of football at all.Maybe one day the Saints will contend but Im not holding my breath. Im just happy the Giants have been doing well the past few years. after the 2000 season things were kinda dismal

Yeah..I see what you mean about your secondary. Who knows I think the Saints are off on the right track..just need to build off what you have now.

Yeah after 2000 the seasons weren't the greatest until recently, been watching the Giants going on 17 years now my first season I really paid attention to the NFL was the 91 season and the Giants we're the team I always watched. My parents used to joke "Hey why the sudden interest?" and I never had a real answer..I always just liked watching the Giants. I remember the controversy over Hostetler and Simms and still to this day wanted to see Simms play every game. Eventually got a Simms Jersey after the 93 season when he retired, my first real favorite player retired..sad day.

But anyways to jump off the memory train. Yeah I'm glad the Giants are doing well, we have a solid team and should be competing for many years which I'm looking forward to..and the bad years which I'll have to go threw as well.

What was the split? Did most go for the skins or was it 50-50 skins and falcons?

Atl is closer...so why did the skins have a lot there?

Do the skins retain many fans there or is the base diminished...and did it happen overnight or not till Fox and them went to the SB?

Mostly because when Charlotte began to grow the city would recruit corporations from other cities, most came from the DC area, and alot came from NY, but NY fans dont waiver, so they dont count. Atlanta was to close so the city didnt go after companies that were established in Atlanta. Also the Skins had an established team that had won in the past so they were easy to root for. I dont think people really started turning on to Carolina until Fox came on board. Charlotte is a wierd city. It went from being a podunk town 30 years ago to a very wealthy and progressive city. Charlotte is the only city in America to not operate at a loss during the recent recession. Progress is great, but the culture has not caught up to the growth

Do the Giants have a base there?

Is the Skins prescene largely diminished?

The skins fans are largely diminished having turned to Panther fans. There are a fair amount of Giants fans there, as a great deal of the population there are transplants from NY. I went to a Giants game there a couple seasons back and there were tons of Giants fans in my section it was a fucking blast. I only got one ticket and went alone, and met a ton of Giants fans there to hang out with. The wierd thing about that place is there are probably more steelers fans in Charlotte than Panther fans. Every time the Panthers and Steelers play at BOA it is you would think it was a Steelers home game with all the Yellow and black in the stands. It is a real nice stadium though. They have private bathrooms. I mean you can open a door, there is one toilet that is CLEAN and you can lock the door behind you and take a shit while watching the game on a flatscreen HD TV.