SportsWrath

tumbleweeds...

ksm7

We havent seen teams swoon at the end and pick it up again in the playoffs, but then again we never saw what happened with the Giants last yr before, winning the SB completely on the road. Every yr it seems that a team does something out of the ordinary, or a surprise team gets hot at the right time. We dont want to lose another game, but its not completely unimaginable that we would pick it up again once the playoffs started.

well, at least not in two years when the steelers did it...the dog would agree that anything is possible, but...

No way, you didnt just go there, did you? :huh:

Listen dumbass, I never said I'd be HAPPY with a loss, but with the way we played the first half of the season, we afforded ourselves the luxury of being able to take a few losses. Unlike your team, who cant afford any loss. Yes, its all true that we may be in trouble, but it's not guaranteed. Now, as far as the road you just decided to go down, how could you be that stupid? The Bengals?? Well, I expected you to know how our game vs them felt, didnt you EEK by them as well? And that same Bengals team tied w/ Philly and beat WASH. So they aint as bad as their record reflects. And I would think YOU need to be a little more concerned about the quality of opponents that are left, because not only are we already in the playoffs and you are not, but we have faced tough, playoff caliber opponents and WON. (i.e. PITT, BAL, DAL, PHI, AZ,). The cowgirls lost to PITT, AZ, ....and, uh oh, here we go...ST LOUIS!!!! Also WASH once, who we swept. And now you got BAL and PHi left and you want to say we should be worried and talk smack about MY team??

You FINALLY hit rock bottom egg, this was the most ridculous thing you could have said about the Giants. It jsut brought to the forefront how bad the cowboys have been this season. :rolleyes:

That's quite a luxury BB. The luxury of having to play extra games with a beat up team against quality opponents who have been getting the best of the Giants in recent weeks, despite their fast start...

Aside from maybe a meeting with Atlanta, I don't see a definite win left on the Giants' schedule.

Then again, you never know when a long snapper may send one into the stands... :o

That's quite a luxury BB. The luxury of having to play extra games with a beat up team against quality opponents who have been getting the best of the Giants in recent weeks, despite their fast start...

Aside from maybe a meeting with Atlanta, I don't see a definite win left on the Giants' schedule.

Then again, you never know when a long snapper may send one into the stands... :o

don't sleep on the falcons...although the dog would have concerns over a rookie QB having to play in NY in the playoffs...but that run game is scary, and if Ryan manages the game well, they could pull off an upset on any team...the NFC is wide-open come playoff time. should be fun.

Do tell. Do you see a definite win left on your schedule? :unsure:

Haha, your alter ego even said you could be wrong about something. Fighting with yourself today there egg? lol

You understood what I meant. No one is puposely trying to lose nor do they want or like to, but to say we wont win another game when we already proved we can beat worthy teams and succeed against adversity is ridiculous. You know whats comical? Is that everything you say about the Giants, you could remove the word GIANTS, and replace it with COWBOYS and it'd make perfect sense. ;)

WE beat BAL, can you? We made the playoffs, can you? Your fear is getting more and more apparent every minute.

Haha, your alter ego even said you could be wrong about something. Fighting with yourself today there egg? lol

You understood what I meant. No one is puposely trying to lose nor do they want or like to, but to say we wont win another game when we already proved we can beat worthy teams and succeed against adversity is ridiculous. You know whats comical? Is that everything you say about the Giants, you could remove the word GIANTS, and replace it with COWBOYS and it'd make perfect sense. ;)

WE beat BAL, can you? We made the playoffs, can you? Your fear is getting more and more apparent every minute.

That's the problem BB. They are not in cruise control. They are not trying to lose. They do not like losing. Yet, two rivals that may be in the playoffs just took them apart. One at the Meadowlands. :o

And I never said the Giants cannot beat worthy teams. I never said they won't. They just don't have any more gimmies on the schedule.

That's the problem BB. They are not in cruise control. They are not trying to lose. They do not like losing. Yet, two rivals that may be in the playoffs just took them apart. One at the Meadowlands. :o

And I never said the Giants cannot beat worthy teams. I never said they won't. They just don't have any more gimmies on the schedule.

Oh, OK. So, you think a team, that has virtually steamrolled everyone they played up until the last two games against good div rivals(when div rivals always play each other hard) has to worry about the season falling apart? Everyone loses at some point in time. The difference between good and bad teams? The good teams lose after a bunch of winning. Bad teams lose sporadically throughout the season. Like your girls, against ST Louis, AZ etc. :)

Let me attempt to refresh your memory. Because you beat someone in the reg. season, does not guarntee you will beat them in the postseason. For examples, refer to the 2007-08 Dallas Cowboys. ;)

Oh, OK. So, you think a team, that has virtually steamrolled everyone they played up until the last two games against good div rivals(when div rivals always play each other hard) has to worry about the season falling apart? Everyone loses at some point in time. The difference between good and bad teams? The good teams lose after a bunch of winning. Bad teams lose sporadically throughout the season. Like your girls, against ST Louis, AZ etc. :)

Let me attempt to refresh your memory. Because you beat someone in the reg. season, does not guarntee you will beat them in the postseason. For examples, refer to the 2007-08 Dallas Cowboys. ;)

um, the dog wants to know what that makes last years giants?

YES. I think they have to worry about things falling apart.

"Steamrolled" isn't the word I would have chosen, at least regarding 3 or 4 games.

But whatever. I say potato, you say potato. I say tomato, you are insane. I say... :wacko:

um, the dog wants to know what that makes last years giants?

Well, I guess should have used a different phrase such as, "teams that have a reason to worry more", rather than "bad". I'm not trying to say that there arent any concerns, but that paragraph was in response to egg thinking we have a reason to worry and not mentioning his team, who has more of a reason to worry.

Saturday night. In fact, I think a message might be sent Saturday night. :o We will see...

Forgive me for not trusting the word of the guy who guranteed a win over Pitt. Not to mention everything else you've been wrong about over the last year.

Bravo, I should have said that. :P

ok...and by everyone elses definition, that would make them a good team. but based on your definition, clearly you are stating that a bad team won the super bowl last year...now the dog doesn't necessarily agree with your definition, but so be it. on that note, the dog certainly does applaud you for making this difficult statement. it takes a big fan, some might say a "superfan" to admit that his team of choice was bad, despite winning the super bowl. kudos to you...perhaps the dog had you all wrong...

ok...and by everyone elses definition, that would make them a good team. but based on your definition, clearly you are stating that a bad team won the super bowl last year...now the dog doesn't necessarily agree with your definition, but so be it. on that note, the dog certainly does applaud you for making this difficult statement. it takes a big fan, some might say a "superfan" to admit that his team of choice was bad, despite winning the super bowl. kudos to you...perhaps the dog had you all wrong...

You didnt see the tongue smiley face after it dog?

You're getting kinda tired now. This reply sounds familiar. I bet if I dug up some old posts of yours, you've used this on me before. Get some new material dog, really. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess should have used a different phrase such as, "teams that have a reason to worry more", rather than "bad". I'm not trying to say that there arent any concerns, but that paragraph was in response to egg thinking we have a reason to worry and not mentioning his team, who has more of a reason to worry.

Here it is dog, the one you should have replied to. But I know, you just couldnt wait to use the "superfan" comment again, huh? :rolleyes:

Grow up dude and let it go on that botched snap in the end zone in Pitt. Had he snapped it and the Giants kicked a FG and won 15-14 would you find some other exuse, last I checked its a win in Pitt.

As for gimmies on the schedule, explain to me when the last time was the Giants had a gimmie game? They won 6 straight games vs teams with winning records, 1 shy of an NFL record, This is not the Dolphins schedule we are talking about here.

You really are not this stupid to proclaim this sort of nonsense.

Hey Dog!!

Well in Martin's opinion this a must win game!

Losing 3 straight and then going to Minesota for a potential

4th straight loss would be demoralizing.

The Giants need rest, they need to re-gain there confidience

and that comes with this win. Losing this game is huge in so

many ways.

To say that losing this game isnt so bad doesnt make any sense to me.

Does anyone here on this board have a memory?

The Panthers embarrased us in our own stadium last time!!

No the Giants must win this game and regain momentum now!!!

Agree 100%. We still owe the Panthers for that playoff loss.

Alot of doubt has crept in regarding the Giants. This Sunday night could blow all that away.

Win, and we effectively earn a two week bye. I don't want to have to play for anything in Minnesota.

Grow up dude and let it go on that botched snap in the end zone in Pitt. Had he snapped it and the Giants kicked a FG and won 15-14 would you find some other exuse, last I checked its a win in Pitt.

As for gimmies on the schedule, explain to me when the last time was the Giants had a gimmie game? They won 6 straight games vs teams with winning records, 1 shy of an NFL record, This is not the Dolphins schedule we are talking about here.

You really are not this stupid to proclaim this sort of nonsense.

I beg to differ. :P

Saturday night. In fact, I think a message might be sent Saturday night. :o We will see...

The message is loud and clear egghead.

Maybe this offseason you can trade the rest of your draft picks for another underperforming overhyped reciever.