SportsWrath

Have the Giants Lost Their Mojo?

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

I think the Giants lost their mojo. It feels different, and not because of the losses. Us Giant fans should start worrying a little more. This current Giants team is not the same team as last year or the beginning of this year. The O-line looks vulnerable, the recievers look like they we're signed off the practice squad, the defense looks porous and there is no pass rush. I hope they get their mojo back and turn things around vs Carolina, but there is definitely reason to worry in the meadowlands....

Well losing your #1 WR, and RB will do that to ya. If we can get Jacobs back soon, and our OC pulls his head outta his ass and finds a way to ajust during the game, we should be fine. A first round bye wouldnt hurt either, our O-line could really use it.

I think the Giants lost their mojo. It feels different, and not because of the losses. Us Giant fans should start worrying a little more. This current Giants team is not the same team as last year or the beginning of this year. The O-line looks vulnerable, the recievers look like they we're signed off the practice squad, the defense looks porous and there is no pass rush. I hope they get their mojo back and turn things around vs Carolina, but there is definitely reason to worry in the meadowlands....

I don't think so, this could be the best thing that has happened to us. This team needs a challenge to step up. Losing to the Cowboys in Dallas to me is not the worst thing that could happen and nor should it be unexpected. The feeling on this board is to dismiss the Cowboys, but I feel that this is still a very dangerous team in the playoffs.

I think we'll beat the Panthers and eke out a win in Minnesota. Pat Williams going down is a huge help to our running game. And unlike last year, we need home field and the first round bye this year. Home field will give us momentum throughout the playoffs. That's how I feel anyway.

At this stage, when you jump out to a lead like the Giants did and then relax a bit, combined with a real conservative attitude towards injuries these things will happen.

We will get it all right again. 2 losses should not worry anyone, this team is mentally tough and needs to get that tougness back. They will be fine.

I am more worried about injuries right now. They need to win one of the last two just to get that bye unless things go our way. One other thing, I do not like this offense when Jacobs is not there. I get the feeling that Gillbride tries to hard without Jacobs.

They certainly haven't been playing their best ball recently. The Eagles loss can be chalked up to bad luck (dropped passes, etc.) but they were clearly outplayed last Sunday vs. the Cowboys.

Now that being said, when they're on I think they are as good as any team in the NFL... but we'll have a good idea of whether or not we should hit the panic button this Sunday vs. the Panthers.

Guest StrahansGap
I am more worried about injuries right now. They need to win one of the last two just to get that bye unless things go our way. One other thing, I do not like this offense when Jacobs is not there. I get the feeling that Gillbride tries to hard without Jacobs.

You hit the nail right on the head with that one.

You know what I thought about the other night when watching that game? The Giants/Eagles last game of the season in 2002 at Giants stadium. Why? Because much like Philly did that day the Giants kind of played that game like ho hum, yet still could have won and the Giants, like the Cowboys did Sunday played harder, fought harder and won. I think the Cowboys were a much tougher team than that 2002 Giants team, but the parallels in terms of desperation are there.

I am not worried, in fact I am starting to get more confident. This team thrives on shit like this and in actuality playing in that division they are in expecting to go 6-0 or even 5-1 is a real stretch.

The way I see it.. every team has weaknesses. Once other teams figure out what that weakness is, they'll attack it till we fix it. On the defense our weakness is at the LB position. It seems passes are always completed right down the middle. Our pass rush is still adequate but let's not forget we lost Osi early on.

Our WR although not superb didn't have time to get open since our O-Line played like shit.. and we all know where Plax is and quite frankly the 2 big drops by Hixon are inexcusable.. you don't have to be a super start to catch those passes.

At this stage, when you jump out to a lead like the Giants did and then relax a bit, combined with a real conservative attitude towards injuries these things will happen.

We will get it all right again. 2 losses should not worry anyone, this team is mentally tough and needs to get that tougness back. They will be fine.

Not to mention other teams are playing for their lives.. figuratively speaking.

The way I see it.. every team has weaknesses. Once other teams figure out what that weakness is, they'll attack it till we fix it. On the defense our weakness is at the LB position. It seems passes are always completed right down the middle. Our pass rush is still adequate but let's not forget we lost Osi early on.

Our WR although not superb didn't have time to get open since our O-Line played like shit.. and we all know where Plax is and quite frankly the 2 big drops by Hixon are inexcusable.. you don't have to be a super start to catch those passes.

If you are referring to the Philly drop, I agree.

If you are referring to the one in which Newman held his arm, that was a tough one.

I don't want to take away anything from BJ. But it's the O-Line's play that dictates how our offense flows. These guys open up holes anyone can run thru and when they play like shit, I don't care who you have back there.

You know what I thought about the other night when watching that game? The Giants/Eagles last game of the season in 2002 at Giants stadium. Why? Because much like Philly did that day the Giants kind of played that game like ho hum, yet still could have won and the Giants, like the Cowboys did Sunday played harder, fought harder and won. I think the Cowboys were a much tougher team than that 2002 Giants team, but the parallels in terms of desperation are there.

I am not worried, in fact I am starting to get more confident. This team thrives on shit like this and in actuality playing in that division they are in expecting to go 6-0 or even 5-1 is a real stretch.

I get worried when I disagree with you :(

I don't want to take away anything from BJ. But it's the O-Line's play that dictates how our offense flows. These guys open up holes anyone can run thru and when they play like shit, I don't care who you have back there.

while that might be true, it seems as if they are only opening up holes when jacobs is playing

while that might be true, it seems as if they are only opening up holes when jacobs is playing

It seems.. but even Jacobs has had trouble finding a whole.. usually he warms up in the 2nd quarter for a big run and adrenaline takes over from there.

I get worried when I disagree with you :(

There is no reason to panic on a team off of two losses against 2 good teams who HAD TO HAVE the games. I cannot stress that point enough. If you like to gamble and look at trends you will see one that stuck out at me like a sore thumb this week, teams who have locked up a playoff birth in December vs teams over .500 fighting for a playoff birth in December have like a .320 win % since divisional play was revamped in 1990.

Now its a must win this week and lets see what happens.

Take away the fact it would have been nice to bury Dallas(although I think Philly takes care of that in 2 weeks)the sky has not fallen, merely played out as it normally does.

Here should be the Giants fans Xmas list

Beat the Panthers, get the #1 and give a big middle finger to everyone else until that 2nd week of January

Root for the Falcons and Bucs

Root for the Ravens

Sit back in week 17 and watch the misery bowl between the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Would you rather be Philly or Dallas right now? I certainly would not.

There is no reason to panic on a team off of two losses against 2 good teams who HAD TO HAVE the games. I cannot stress that point enough. If you like to gamble and look at trends you will see one that stuck out at me like a sore thumb this week, teams who have locked up a playoff birth in December vs teams over .500 fighting for a playoff birth in December have like a .320 win % since divisional play was revamped in 1990.

Now its a must win this week and lets see what happens.

Take away the fact it would have been nice to bury Dallas(although I think Philly takes care of that in 2 weeks)the sky has not fallen, merely played out as it normally does.

Here should be the Giants fans Xmas list

Beat the Panthers, get the #1 and give a big middle finger to everyone else until that 2nd week of January

Root for the Falcons and Bucs

Root for the Ravens

Sit back in week 17 and watch the misery bowl between the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Would you rather be Philly or Dallas right now? I certainly would not.

That makes a lot of sense.

I don't usually read TMQ but I found this very relevant. The fact of the matter is that the Giants had one of the hardest schedules and still are going to be at least 11-5. To me that's damn good and there is no shame in losing to desperate division rivals.

Finished. Done. Put butter and jam on them, as in, toast. That's the sports talk radio view of the defending champion Giants. They've lost two straight games! They can't run the ball! Their defensive line is terrible! And the Plaxico distraction … they're finished!

The Cowboys? Their Sunday night win was an aberration; Terrell Owens causes too much trouble; Tony Romo's hurt; the Cowboys couldn't gain a yard at home on third-and-1; they're finished. The Titans? They're a house of cards; they just lost to the Texans; they've lost two of four; they're finished! The Steelers have no chance; they only win games in the final minute -- that's not blowing people out; the Steelers aren't for real. The Panthers? Too reliant on the running game; Jake Delhomme is too erratic; they're finished. The Colts? Everybody's injured; they struggled to beat the Lions; they're finished. The Bucs? Can't win on the road; no way they advance. The Vikings? No quarterback; about to have no defensive line; no chance. The Patriots? Last year's story; too many injuries. The Ravens? The Steelers just exposed their offensive weakness; they can't win it all. The Jets? The Bills had to gift-wrap the game and hand it to them. The Dolphins? Nobody goes from 1-15 to the Super Bowl. The Falcons? Their record is beginner's luck; it won't last. The Cardinals? Puh-leez.

Such is the perceived football wisdom dominating sports yak at the moment. In short -- no one can win the Super Bowl.

No pass rush? Been watching football lately? Tony Romo would be one of a long list of QB's this season who might disagree with the pass rush assessment.

Nothing wrong with the defense, its the reason why we weren't completely blown out against the Cowboys and I'd love to find out why AP was singled up on Westbrook against the Eagles.

No pass rush? Been watching football lately? Tony Romo would be one of a long list of QB's this season who might disagree with the pass rush assessment.

Nothing wrong with the defense, its the reason why we weren't completely blown out against the Cowboys and I'd love to find out why AP was singled up on Westbrook against the Eagles.

It was the Eagles who targeted him knowing that Westbrook would burn him time and again.