SportsWrath

yeah we dont need burress. hixon can step right in for him and we wont miss a beat

Herc

Hixon made a huge catch in the fourth quarter to extend a drive on 3rd and long. The drop was huge, but you can't say we would've won had he made the catch and scored, because it is unlikely that Philly plays prevent defense against us at the end of the game up by only 6, instead of two scores.

Now that I've made that point, the bigger reason we lost today was because we got beat at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. How does our defense let Brian Westbrook convert a 3rd and 5 on the ground up the middle, when they were clearly trying to kill clock? He ran for about 7 yards on that play. That is only one example, but overall, we got beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball and that is the difference in the game.

Everyone is talking about Burress, but the guy we really miss this time of year, IMO, is Umenyiora, which is one of the reasons I can't wait to get him back next year.

We have not been getting the pressure on opposing QBs like were earlier in the season, and McNabb and Westbrook took advantage. Not only that, the O-line did not protect Eli very well today either. I think that there are some nagging injuries on this team that is limiting our potential, and that is why we haven't performed as well lately as we did earlier this year. I know it's just one loss, but I'm going by what I've seen the last several weeks. This team needs rest, so it is absolutely critical that we get that home field advantage throughout before week 17, IMO.

More on Hixon... I know that I have been one of his supporters, but I also never said that he was better than Burress. I think he is an adequate replacement who has starter's potential, potential being the key word there. I would like to see Burress back with the club next year if he cleans up his act and the legal issues are resolved, as I've stated previously, before today. I think we are a better team with a HEALTHY Burress.

Hixon made a huge catch in the fourth quarter to extend a drive on 3rd and long. The drop was huge, but you can't say we would've won had he made the catch and scored, because it is unlikely that Philly plays prevent defense against us at the end of the game up by only 6, instead of two scores.

Sure we can....well, us Homers anyway.

Seriously though, if he makes that catch and scores, the momentum swings our way. Add that to the blocked FG for a TD, and this is a totally different game.

Sure we can....well, us Homers anyway.

Seriously though, if he makes that catch and scores, the momentum swings our way. Add that to the blocked FG for a TD, and this is a totally different game.

True, that statement I cannot argue with. Whether we win or not no one can say for sure, though. Based on the fact that we were getting physically beaten on the lines today, I don't know how long we hold that momentum.

True, that statement I cannot argue with. Whether we win or not no one can say for sure, though. Based on the fact that we were getting physically beaten on the lines today, I don't know how long we hold that momentum.

That's true too, but maybe, just maybe, a momentum swing sparks the Gmen to play to their capacity. Who knows. We (as fans) can 'if and or but' this to death, but the fact is, it's over, the Cowgirls are next, and in the end we got the division. I just hope they are pissed off enough to make an epic showing for the last Giants/Cowboys game ever in Texas stadium. There would be no better way to end the regular season than with a sea of boooooooos for Romo as he loses to the Gmen.....AGAIN.

That's true too, but maybe, just maybe, a momentum swing sparks the Gmen to play to their capacity. Who knows. We (as fans) can 'if and or but' this to death, but the fact is, it's over, the Cowgirls are next, and in the end we got the division. I just hope they are pissed off enough to make an epic showing for the last Giants/Cowboys game ever in Texas stadium. There would be no better way to ebd the regular season than a sea of boooooooos, as Romo loses to the Gmen.....AGAIN.

:clap:

i honestly think we would've won if hixon caught the pass, but i understand there are a lot of other variables and that we can't say it with certainty.

yes burress wasn't putting up his usual numbers but not having a top 10 wr out there changes the way defenses play us. at this point i dont see hixon being anything more than a really solid #2 wr for the rest of his career.

i honestly think we would've won if hixon caught the pass, but i understand there are a lot of other variables and that we can't say it with certainty.

yes burress wasn't putting up his usual numbers but not having a top 10 wr out there changes the way defenses play us. at this point i dont see hixon being anything more than a really solid #2 wr for the rest of his career.

I would agree with this assessment Midas. I would feel a lot better if we acquire a proven #1 receiver next year if Burress isn't back. Houshmanzadeh will be on the market, btw, if he is not franchised.

It wasn't about momentum- it was about the hawk.

the giants passing game is not built for wind. Eli is a relatively long passer with arc on the ball. He doesn't throw zip or touch passes. so, the wind is more damaging to us than rain or bitter cold or snow AS LONG AS:

a) you get the lead

b) you can stop the running game.

eagles did both but if hixon caught that pass, different ball game.

My problem is, talking about the drop, is that it happened in the 1st half, not sure what quarter. There were plenty of opportunities for us to regain momentum after that. Really, screw momentum, we just didn't make plays throughout the game. Seriously, our offense as a whole didn't do anything until the Eagles went to a prevent defense. One drop doesn't really change that fact. We didn't protect Eli well enough, and we didn't run the ball very well, either. They were out of sync.

And on defense, we couldn't stop Westbrook or get pressure on McNabb. So I can't put any blame on Hixon for one drop, just can't do it. We lost as a whole team today, because the whole team pretty much sucked it up out there.

you're prob right rick, im just doing a little humoring because that's a few 'ifs'

Well I don't think the general consensus was that Hixon can replace Plax.. we have no choice.. the guy shot himself in the leg.. literally. Who knows Plax migh've dropped that pass too... the fucking wind was ridiculous.

Nevertheless, we lost a game we deserved to lose because everyone except for Eli played half-assed. Well, maybe this lights a fire under their ass to bury Dallas in Dallas next week.. we'll see.

Everyone was dropping balls. Cant open up the run when our wr's cant catch perfectly thrown balls. I have seen Plax drop as many as anyone on the team, so I doubt he would have made a difference at all.

we dont pass to set up the run, we run to set up the pass--that's how we're built. i'd love to hear one pass that plax ever dropped that was as big as the one hixon dropped. that was a sure td, and we lost by 6--just saying....

Didn't Burress have two big 3rd down drops in the superbowl?

He's had plenty of drops in games much bigger than yesterday's.

yeah it sucked, and it might have changed the game, but there's definately no gurantee that Burress would've caught it, and we had a lot of time to make up for that. We just all around played bad offense.

Eli was very accurate on alot of those dropped passes. The receivers were horrible yesterday.

I counted three. One each by Hixon, Smith, and Boss. The ones to Hixon and Smith were right in their bread baskets. I saw a few interferences that weren't called, but the Giants got away with a couple, too.

Any of the dropped passes could have affected the outcome, all three together most likely did. The thing is, the Eagles played better on both sides of the ball. I certainly don't think Plax makes a difference in this one. I think it was an off day for Pierce, too. :brooding:

What pisses me of about the Hixon drop was that it was Eli's best pass EVER.

Didn't Burress have two big 3rd down drops in the superbowl?

He's had plenty of drops in games much bigger than yesterday's.

yeah it sucked, and it might have changed the game, but there's definately no gurantee that Burress would've caught it, and we had a lot of time to make up for that. We just all around played bad offense.

the games might've been bigger but in the context of a game dropping a td is much worse than dropping a 3rd down pass.

im not saying burress would've 100% caught that pass, in fact im not saying he would've even been in that spot as the defense would've played us differently and our play calling wouldn't have been identical to what it ended up being. All I'm saying is that burress isn't this expendable nobody that doesn't make a difference and that dominick hixon has a long way to go before we can just insert him into burress' spot and expect our offense to be just as good as it's been

I counted three. One each by Hixon, Smith, and Boss. The ones to Hixon and Smith were right in their bread baskets. I saw a few interferences that weren't called, but the Giants got away with a couple, too.

Any of the dropped passes could have affected the outcome, all three together most likely did. The thing is, the Eagles played better on both sides of the ball. I certainly don't think Plax makes a difference in this one. I think it was an off day for Pierce, too. :brooding:

What pisses me of about the Hixon drop was that it was Eli's best pass EVER.

yeah it was pretty tough to watch and that was definitely a pretty pass. oh well, shit happens, and i still like hixon a lot--i just dont think he can replace someone like burress just yet

Eli was very accurate on alot of those dropped passes. The receivers were horrible yesterday.

he was also inaccurate a lot. the eagles were falling over themselves, otherwise there were 1 or 2 sure pics.

like i said, blame the wind and the eagles game plan.