SportsWrath

Bengal's Pres rips Giants

Nas

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...in_.html?page=1

BENGAL PREZ RIPS GIANTS: Bengals president Mike Brown defended his decision to re-sign troubled wide receiger Chris Henry and said anybody looking to ask questions about players with legal problems should go to the Giants.

The Bengals have been trying to repair their image for having the most troublemakers after 10 Bengals were arrested in the span of 14 months from 2006 to 2007.

But now Brown apparently believes the Giants are the ones who have the league's top villain on their payroll.

When asked about how he re-signed Henry reportedly against head coach Marvin Lewis' wishes, Brown said, "Marvin and I've had a good relationship. We've had an ability to stay on the same message. Except for that one case ... in my mind it's behind us now."

Then, in comments made on the team Web site that allude to Burress, Brown said, "If you've got further concerns on that kind of thing, you'll have to call the New York Giants, who have an 11-1 record and their guy, who has taken the role over of NFL bad guy."

How can you blame the guy? Without Henry they may never have gotten that one win.

He needs to keep the Giants out his mouth. Plax is no criminal... he didn't rob or steal from anyone. I don't know what Henry's issue is nor do I care.

He needs to keep the Giants out his mouth. Plax is no criminal... he didn't rob or steal from anyone. I don't know what Henry's issue is nor do I care.

Raping underaged girls, threatening with a firearm (while wearing his Bengals jersey, which makes him a major tool in and of itself), and random jumpings and beatings all over the Cincinnati area. Mike Brown is out of his mind if he thinks what Plax did is anywhere near some of the stuff Chris Henry has pulled. That one stunt alone, with the gun outside of a Florida night club, would have put him in jail for 20 years if he had done it in NYC.

And Henry has done some shit that hasn't even made the press. I know some people that live in the same neighborhood as him...right NOW, as a millionaire NFL player, not where he grew up...and the dude has a history of violent, threatening confrontations. He'll go to prison one day for a very long time.

Did anybody die from what Plaxico did?, he is being compared with Adam Jones,Chris Henry and Michael Vick. Those players did alot worse things then Plaxico, there were lives lost or ruined based on the actions of those guys. Tank Johnson was found with more guns then the U.S. Army and still played in the super bowl, Plaxico at least seems contrite and remorseful for his actions i didn't find that in any other player.

Well... c'mon... it's Mike Brown.

What has that guy EVER gotten right?

I'm always amazed by how many classless clueless fucks hold high positions. My god, a young man like me tries to learn and naturally we look up to our bosses.. and guess what? They're fucking clueless and classless peices of shit.

Just how on earth is Plax's problem reflective of the New York Giants organization? It's not like we signed him AFTER this mess nor did he kill anyone or harm anyone in the process.

Well... c'mon... it's Mike Brown.

What has that guy EVER gotten right?

Aren't the Bengals the team with no GM and him and sister make the personnel decisions. Explains a lot of the Bungles mess when you have an idiot owner and no GM.

That one stunt alone, with the gun outside of a Florida night club, would have put him in jail for 20 years if he had done it in NYC

Exactly.

To compare what Plax did on one evening (and in no way am I condoning it) to the history and character of Bungals players is ridiculous and is simply a pathetic attempt by a failing GM/Owner to avoid criticism.

Did anybody die from what Plaxico did?, he is being compared with Adam Jones,Chris Henry and Michael Vick. Those players did alot worse things then Plaxico, there were lives lost or ruined based on the actions of those guys. Tank Johnson was found with more guns then the U.S. Army and still played in the super bowl, Plaxico at least seems contrite and remorseful for his actions i didn't find that in any other player.

Uhm, the fact that the gun could have just as easily hit Pierce or even a completely innocent bystander is the entire reason concealed weapon laws exist in the first place. So...what are you talking about, Burress is just as much a criminal as OJ Simpson is and it would really, really be a tragedy if he didn't spend some time behind bars.

It was a stupid, wreckless, idiotic thing to do and he deserves to be punished just like I would be if I was carrying a concealed weapon. I have no respect for multi-million dollar athletes carrying weapons into crowded clubs because it makes them feel 'safe'. Well, how bout you go to the non-500 dollar a glass well-to-do club and instead go out to a nice neighborhood bar and grill?

But Mike Brown is even more stupid and idiotic. It's not like this could have been predicted and it was a stupid mistake/decision made by a stupid and idiotic moron.

Uhm, the fact that the gun could have just as easily hit Pierce or even a completely innocent bystander is the entire reason concealed weapon laws exist in the first place. So...what are you talking about, Burress is just as much a criminal as OJ Simpson is and it would really, really be a tragedy if he didn't spend some time behind bars.

It was a stupid, wreckless, idiotic thing to do and he deserves to be punished just like I would be if I was carrying a concealed weapon. I have no respect for multi-million dollar athletes carrying weapons into crowded clubs because it makes them feel 'safe'. Well, how bout you go to the non-500 dollar a glass well-to-do club and instead go out to a nice neighborhood bar and grill?

But Mike Brown is even more stupid and idiotic. It's not like this could have been predicted and it was a stupid mistake/decision made by a stupid and idiotic moron.

I completely disagree with this statement. Sure Plax commited a "crime" and I agree that his action was irresponsible. But there's the factor intent. Plax did not intend to hurt anyone.. and at the end he hurt himself. Plax is a much a victim of NYC's gun laws as he's a victim of his own inner demons.

I completely disagree with this statement. Sure Plax commited a "crime" and I agree that his action was irresponsible. But there's the factor intent. Plax did not intend to hurt anyone.. and at the end he hurt himself. Plax is a much a victim of NYC's gun laws as he's a victim of his own inner demons.

Yah, he obviously didn't intend to hurt anyone but the potential there is scary. What if it drops out the leg of his pants and shoots in a different direction and hits some poor slutty woman at his club!? OJ didn't intend to hurt anyone when he forcibly held up guys for his 'stuff,' but people could have potentially got shot.

There should be no quotes around crime. You can argue about the degree, you can argue that the punishment doesn't necessarily fit the crime, but what he did was illegal in NYC.

It's his responsibility to know the consequences of his actions, especially with guns. If he chooses to ignore them, then he gets what he gets.

I'm not too keen on this "poor guy needs a break" scenario.