SportsWrath

Enough about #17, lets talk football

so-cal dub

It's not a matter of SHOULD we... we will lose a game between now and the end of the season. I'm ok with it because if we win Sunday we wrap up the first round bye. I wouldn't mind dropping one loss to the Vikings. The rest of the games will be harder to swallow a loss. A win this week and its no worries really for the rest of the season. I'd also like to knock Dallas out of the playoffs the week after and be sure to gain some momentum and guarentee a one seed by knocking down Carolina. That leaves Minnesota as the game I would pick for us to lose if we are forced to take another loss. As long as we go 3-1 down the stretch and stay above mediocrity I'm fine with that.

Do we want to beat Dallas twice in the reg season ? I mean, do we want a complete reversal of last year's Playoff situation with the Cowboys ? - seems like a set up to me

That's what I'm worried about most.

Of course, if they lose to Pittsburgh, they pretty much cook themselves the way the south is playing now.

I had this discussion with my brother in law (Redskins fan). Told him I can't hope we lose a game, but if we lost one right before heading into the playoffs it might keep the prize in focus and keep the guys from getting too full of themselves,. of course, they have shown no signs since the Browns game that they aren't completely focused on repeating.

Do we want to beat Dallas twice in the reg season ? I mean, do we want a complete reversal of last year's Playoff situation with the Cowboys ? - seems like a set up to me

Their chances of even making the playoffs maybe at jeopardy if we beat them.

So I constantly think we are due for a loss, however we keep rolling. Anybody else think we'd be better off dropping a game here in the near future so we get it out before the playoffs?

As much as I hate to say it, I see only 1 more loss the whole season. And that loss could very well come against Dallas. I just dont see the other teams beating us.

Also, I get how much of a bone head move it is to carry a gun into a nightclub without a NY license for it but facing these kinds of charges 3 1/2-7 year prison term for a guy that clearly is not trying to use the gun to rob a bank or kill someone is kind of mind boggling. People drive drunk and kill people and people commit an assortment of more serious crimes and get a slap on the wrist compared to this. It just makes you wonder...

Also, I get how much of a bone head move it is to carry a gun into a nightclub without a NY license for it but facing these kinds of charges 3 1/2-7 year prison term for a guy that clearly is not trying to use the gun to rob a bank or kill someone is kind of mind boggling. People drive drunk and kill people and people commit an assortment of more serious crimes and get a slap on the wrist compared to this. It just makes you wonder...

I agree completely with your sentiments. Its not as if he climbed NY's equivalent to the Texas Tower and starting taking pot shots. It was an illegal carry....he shot HIMSELF....let him suffer the ultimate civil and employment consequences. 2-3.5 years locked up with human garbage is way beyond excessive. Reese reminds me of the Judge in that Clint Eastwood movie Hang em High. Very fair and measured....the only problem for the convicted is that there is only one penalty a long drop with a short rope. ;)

Double Post.