SportsWrath

What gets me nervous...

ppodlesny

The talk on the WIP airwaves in Philly is the firing of Andy Reid...if that occurs look for Philly yo hire Steve Spagnualo, the d-coord of the Giants...the Philly talk is all about getting spags back to Philly.

The best thing that could happen to the Giants in this situation is that they make

it back to the Superbowl (and win it, of course) so it will delay other teams from hiring

Spags right off the bat.

I'd hate to play against the guy too.

The best thing that could happen to the Giants in this situation is that they make

it back to the Superbowl (and win it, of course) so it will delay other teams from hiring

Spags right off the bat.

yeah that is true....but the rules have changed, if the Giants clinch a first round bye, teams can talk to Spags during that week. The only thing that saves this from happening, is the eagles winning enough games to save Reid's job.

yeah that is true....but the rules have changed, if the Giants clinch a first round bye, teams can talk to Spags during that week. The only thing that saves this from happening, is the eagles winning enough games to save Reid's job.

I think teams wanted to talk to Spags the week before the Superbowl, but he said he wanted to

concentrate his duties on the Giants Superbowl chances. Coughlin could always deny Spags the right

to interview for a HC job..but I don't see that happening.

WIP is hardly the place I would go for reliable information. Reid isn't the one throwing 3 picks and losing a fumble.

I didn't say they are saying he will be fired....I said they are calling for Reid to be fired...and yes McNabb was awful yesterday as well.

I didn't say they are saying he will be fired....I said they are calling for Reid to be fired...and yes McNabb was awful yesterday as well.

Spags might not even be interested - he's probably gotten used to winning and he likes it

Wishful thinking...Giants win another SB, Coughlin moves up or retires and they make Spagnuolo HC.

moves up to where? Jerry Reese is the GM until he doesn't want that job anymore. More likely retire...however I doubt it...you can tell Coughlin loves his job, and who wouldn't when you finally have the team of players you worked hard to build. Sadly if Spags wants to be a head coach, he will probably have to go elsewhere, I just hope it is not Philly.

moves up to where? Jerry Reese is the GM until he doesn't want that job anymore. More likely retire...however I doubt it...you can tell Coughlin loves his job, and who wouldn't when you finally have the team of players you worked hard to build. Sadly if Spags wants to be a head coach, he will probably have to go elsewhere, I just hope it is not Philly.

A man can wish can't he?

It's highly unlikely they fire Reid, and if they did, Spags isn't the answer for them. They already have his mentor in Jim Johnson, and I imagine they'd want to revamp their offense instead bringing in a collaborator on D...

Spags right off the bat.

I think the Giants should do what Dallas did to lock up Garret. Basically lock Spags up so he can take over HC when Coughlin retires. Pay him HC's salary.. why not.

The Giants are also giving Spagnuolo a new three-year contract in excess of $2 million per year, which would make him the league's highest-paid defensive coordinator.

that will mean shit when another organization says "Steve here is $5million per year for 5 years guaranteed to be our head coach"

Steve: "bye bye Big Blue"

that will mean shit when another organization says "Steve here is $5million per year for 5 years guaranteed to be our head coach"

I could have never been a coach in the NFL. The Giants could pay me 2 dollars a year, and I'd sign a lifetime contract. :)

no doubt and i wouldn't blame him. i was responding to someone's statement that they should pay him a higher salary to keep him.

the dog is pretty certain that it is inevitable that he will get offers, so it should come as no surprise...that is no guarentee that he would take a head-coaching job, or even be effective in that role anyway...

Your like Madden talking in the 3rd person. Thanks for stating the obvous. :rolleyes: