SportsWrath

Mike Golic goes off on Goodell

so-cal dub

What other job do you know "fines" their employees?. I'm not saying that some guys shouldn't get penalized, but what's the point. Why can't they have something like they do in soccer, where they get a card for dirty play, and after they accumulate a certain number they are suspended for a game. Then the person loses his pay for that game. Fining makes no sense. Tuck just got a $30 million dollar contract. He could late tackle every game if he wanted to and not feel it in his wallet. Makes no sense.

What other job do you know "fines" their employees?. I'm not saying that some guys shouldn't get penalized, but what's the point. Why can't they have something like they do in soccer, where they get a card for dirty play, and after they accumulate a certain number they are suspended for a game. Then the person loses his pay for that game. Fining makes no sense. Tuck just got a $30 million dollar contract. He could late tackle every game if he wanted to and not feel it in his wallet. Makes no sense.

It makes sense if that $7500 is used toward fancy new graphics on the nfl network.

The military does this as well. Twice I lost half my paycheck (for six months) because of drunken idiocy.

Everyone is peeved about this one. If Tuck doesn't get this one overturned on appeal, then we must start a petition to get the rules relaxed. I mean, the penalty flag on that play was laughable. The officials and the league are way out of hand, Polamalu was right on when he said they are turning the NFL into a pansy league, and Goodell is seriously starting to lose credibility with this nonsense.

Might I add that on that play, it was third down and would've resulted in a Dallas punt, and instead they went on to score their lone offensive TD in the game. If this game was closer, or even cost the Giants the game every Giants fan would be irate and rightfully so. That call was horrendous and only the Denver Hochuli call comes to mind as being worse so far this year, but the fine is complete and total bs. Even Troy Aikman said that it was a horrible flag, and every single Cowboys' fan I've seen has said that the fine is retarded and it was a good play.

Coughlin's comments (from Giants.com)

NOTES

*Coughlin usually does not discuss player fines, whether they are imposed by the team or the NFL. But he is clearly unhappy that Justin Tuck was fined $7,500 after being penalized for roughing Dallas quarterback Brooks Bollinger last week.

The Giants thought Tuck’s tackle was not deserving of a penalty, much less a fine.

“I didn’t really think the explanation that we received was – it was way too general,” Coughlin said. “It reminded me of the Shaun Rogers play (when the Cleveland defensive tackle drove his 375-pound body on Eli Manning last month). Not only was he not fined, he wasn’t (called for a penalty).

“We are going to support Justin’s appeal. We don’t think it is right. He did nothing that you wouldn’t instruct a player to do. … He just tackled the quarterback, that is all he did. There wasn’t anything more to it.”

Coughlin was asked about the “general explanation.”

“I’m not going into all of that, because it is not going to help anything,” he said. “I’m just saying that we are supporting the appeal and hopefully we will get that resolved for the young man. Because I don’t think it is in the best interest of the game nor in his best interest that that fine be upheld.”

Glad he brought up the Rogers thing. Total bullshit call, even worse fine. :TD:

I listen to Mike and Mike every morning on espn 2 and thats not even all of what Golic was saying, he said you could clearly see Tucks hands come undone to let go and stop himself from landing all his weight on Bollinger. He and I believe Jawarski were saying if there is any justice this will be overturned when Tuck appeals.

I listen to Mike and Mike every morning on espn 2 and thats not even all of what Golic was saying, he said you could clearly see Tucks hands come undone to let go and stop himself from landing all his weight on Bollinger. He and I believe Jawarski were saying if there is any justice this will be overturned when Tuck appeals.

there is more of it on that site. It's just bronken up in segments.