SportsWrath

Unsung Giant player of 2008 season (so far)

JMFP

For my part, I would have to say it is Dave Tollefson.

In 2008, he is playing the role that Tuck played in 2007 - a solid player that can be rotated in to keep the defensive line fresh. Granted, he's not the athlete that Tuck is, but Tollefson has really helped to offset the loss of Osi and the retirement of Strahan.

could go to a number of guys.....thats the beauty of this team, everyone they put out there seems to do well. its very hard to narrow it down on both sides of the ball...I guess carney since he's been perfect(blocked fg doesnt count, he didnt miss, not his fault), but like I said, I wouldnt be mad at any of the other guys mentioned.

My first thought would have to be Tollefson as well. Mainly because you used the term "unsung". I'm blown away with Steve Smtih's play, but his name is spoken often by sportscasters and sports pundits....therefore, he doesn't qualify as an "unsung" player. Neither does Hixon for the same reason.

Barry Cofield and Fred Robbins are unsung players who have played solidly and are unsung. Also, the entire offensive line....in which the o-line itself is highly spoke of, but individual names are not. In the backfield, little is heard about Hedgecock who has been an important part of protecting Eli and giving him time to throw. He's a godsend from the quarterback's point of view.

So....after all my rambling, I'd say it's a toss up between Tollefson, Cofield, and Hedgecock.

I've been impressed with Danny Clark and Bryan Kehl, thought linebacker was gonna be a big concern especially when Kiwi went back to DE. Kehl and Clark have played well and we don't miss Torbor maybe not even Mitchell (who is playing well in Buffalo). On offense i would say David Diehl our whole o-line has only given up 6 sacks all year which is third in the nfl

could go to a number of guys.....thats the beauty of this team, everyone they put out there seems to do well. its very hard to narrow it down on both sides of the ball...I guess carney since he's been perfect(blocked fg doesn't count, he didn't miss, not his fault), but like I said, I wouldn't be mad at any of the other guys mentioned.

The type of team championships are made of. Look at the Patriots dynasty where no matter who went down they were still very good. How many rejects does this team have that are now playing very well? This is why coaching is so key to the NFL and a good coach can't be paid enough.