SportsWrath

Steve Spagnuolo

Lughead

Let's start with the defenses because this game featured so many big-time hits. Steve Spagnuolo, New York's defensive coordinator, will be a head coach next season. The only way he's not is if he doesn't want to leave or he doesn't want the jobs that will be offered to him.

This according to Howie Long .

Lets just hope he doesn't want to leave and only shitty teams are available. Stick around Spags TC can't coach forever.

That's a good point Lub If the Giants can hold on to Spag's maybe set him up as TC's successor.

That's a good point Lub If the Giants can hold on to Spag's maybe set him up as TC's successor.

Spags is getting "head coach salary" as it is. I wonder if it can be written in a contract that he will be guaranteed to takeover that head coach job for the Giants....and if that would make a difference.

But you can't blame Spags if he does take a head coaching job. He's earned it and life is too short to turn down the millions and the glory of being "the man" who runs a team.

Spags is getting "head coach salary" as it is. I wonder if it can be written in a contract that he will be guaranteed to takeover that head coach job for the Giants....and if that would make a difference.

But you can't blame Spags if he does take a head coaching job. He's earned it and life is too short to turn down the millions and the glory of being "the man" who runs a team.

Well the Rams tried to put a clause like that in Hasletts HC contract that if he got 6 wins or something he would get the job next year but the NFL canned it because that didn't comply with the Rooney rule.

Well the Rams tried to put a clause like that in Hasletts HC contract that if he got 6 wins or something he would get the job next year but the NFL canned it because that didn't comply with the Rooney rule.

How does the Rooney Rule read? The Rams set Hasslet's contract to a Win condition. What if we set ours to : Spag's will take over as Head coach of the NY football Giants if Tom Coughlin retires or is fired from the Organization not matter on the win /loss record ?

spags is the man and I reallyhope the giants can hold on to him and let him take over when coughling retires...which will probably be at the end of his current contract.

Spags turned down the skins job and theyre a good team so I dont think he is going to go anywhere.

John Fox part 2? I hope not

Well, you have to look at certain situations. If the Rams improve, Haslett gets an extension. I'm betting Singletary will get another year in San Fran.

I can't see Marvin Lewis another year in Cincinati, he's not done the job, but I don't think Spags will want anything to do with them. The place I could see him ending up in is Cleveland, because if Romeo Crennel goes under 500, he's done.

Maybe the Lions, but he'd be well advised to stay away, that team is poison.

I agree, I dont think he would leave for any of those teams...liek I said, he turned down the skins job...and theyre a much better team than any of the teams that will be looking for a hc this off season. He says his heart is in NY. As its been stated, he gets hc money right now and he is happy here. I dont think he is going anywhere. Im sure he knows he will get the hc job for the giants when coughlins contract is up...dont their contracts end in the same year?

I think that's been the plan all along. Funny how they talk about Spags.. whatever happened to the Eagles' DC? No one offered him a job.. what's up with that?

I think that's been the plan all along. Funny how they talk about Spags.. whatever happened to the Eagles' DC? No one offered him a job.. what's up with that?

I am pretty sure he has been approached but he has no interest at being a head coach.