SportsWrath

Mets, trade for Soriano, pronto!

Ditto

No question. He's better than Matsui, and nowhere near as fragile. He'll probably also sell some tickets.

Wait... Let's trade for Soriano?

2002: .300 AVG

2003: .290 AVG

2004: .280 AVG

2005: .268 AVG

But wait. Let us look deeper.

2004 on the road, out of Arlington, a great hitters' park:

315 at bats

77 hits (.244 average!!!)

76 K's (as opposed to 45 in Arlington)

2005 on the road, out of Arlington, a great hitters' park:

326 at bats

73 hits (.224 average!!!)

11 homeruns (out of 36!)

OBP of .265 (Reyes' batting average was higher!)

74 K's (as opposed to 51 in Arlington)

.374 slugging (.656 at home)

Plus, look at his horrendous fielding. Its been getting worse as he aged too.

Now, let's include him and his bad attitude and laziness on the basepath. That is the type of veteran example that fellow middle infielders like Reyes, Hernandez, and Keppinger need, right?

Back to batting, let's also look at important batting situations, a place where the Mets obviously struggled last year.

2005 with RISP: .235 in 166 at bats with 33 strike outs.

2005 with RISP and 2 outs: .181 in 94 at bats with 18 strike outs.

2004 with RISP: .253 in 146 at bats

2004 with RISP and 2 outs: .210 in 62 at bats

Let's not forget that he is owed $10,000,000 this year, and a trade of getting him has a 0% chance of sending away Matsui, meaning we would have well over $17,500,000 locked up in 2nd base, having 2 very shitty hitters who also have very shitty defense.

Another funny thing, according to this MetsBlog article, the Nationals asked for Milledge for Soriano.

And there was also speculation that the Nationals may have asked for Heilman for Soriano or Wright for Soriano.

Just say no to SoriaNO.

315 at bats

326 at bats

11 homeruns (out of 36!)

Now, let's include him and his bad attitude and laziness on the basepath. That is the type of veteran example that fellow middle infielders like Reyes, Hernandez, and Keppinger need, right?

Back to batting, let's also look at important batting situations, a place where the Mets obviously struggled last year.

Let's not forget that he is owed $10,000,000 this year, and a trade of getting him has a 0% chance of sending away Matsui, meaning we would have well over $17,500,000 locked up in 2nd base, having 2 very shitty hitters who also have very shitty defense.

Another funny thing, according to this MetsBlog article, the Nationals asked for Milledge for Soriano.

And there was also speculation that the Nationals may have asked for Heilman for Soriano or Wright for Soriano.

Just say no to SoriaNO.

Now that should be our slogan. :clap:

WHats so funny? Hard to imagine that some baseball fans are not glutons and do not want every aging overpriced piece of egotytical shit on the market that becomes available?

:lol: no, just the "we dont need to be the Yankees" is quite comical. But hey, who wouldn't want 26 championships?

:lol: no, just the "we dont need to be the Yankees" is quite comical. But hey, who wouldn't want 26 championships?

yeah and NONE SINCE 2000, when they started to sign garbage like Giambi, Sheffield, Mussina instead of the way they won by grooming homegrown talent. I would not want to be anything like the Yanks have been the past few years, their farm system if dry, they have overspent for many a mediocre player(see Jaret Wright and Carl pavano) and they are older than dirt. Thats not how the Yankees won in the past and its obviously been unsucessful for quite a few years now.

26 championships is an ignorant arguement when discussing current status and structure. Now go back to the Yankee forum and discuss why you need Zito and Prior and how teams will be willing to take Wright and Pavano and Small for them! :TU:

yeah and NONE SINCE 2000, when they started to sign garbage like Giambi, Sheffield, Mussina instead of the way they won by grooming homegrown talent. I would not want to be anything like the Yanks have been the past few years, their farm system if dry, they have overspent for many a mediocre player(see Jaret Wright and Carl pavano) and they are older than dirt. Thats not how the Yankees won in the past and its obviously been unsucessful for quite a few years now.

26 championships is an ignorant arguement when discussing current status and structure. Now go back to the Yankee forum and discuss why you need Zito and Prior and how teams will be willing to take Wright and Pavano and Small for them! :TU:

And when was the last time you guys one it? Oh thats right, 20 years ago and before that, what 17? I wasn't arguing either. I'm laughing at his post. Hense, comical. Now the Yanks are not winning championships it's, overspending for old players. Before when they were winning, it was buying championships and yes George did pay for talent before the dry spell of a whole 5 years.

BTW, I root for the Mets in National league, they're just not my A team.

And when was the last time you guys one it? Oh thats right, 20 years ago and before that, what 17? I wasn't arguing either. I'm laughing at his post. Hense, comical. Now the Yanks are not winning championships it's, overspending for old players. Before when they were winning, it was buying championships and yes George did pay for talent before the dry spell of a whole 5 years.

BTW, I root for the Mets in National league, they're just not my A team.

How about your dry spell from 1981 to 1996? WHere the payroll was always amongst the tops in the league, yet the Yanks could not draw flies to the stadium.

Be thankful for the extra division and WC round, it has made it easier for teams like the Yanks(and Sox for that matter and the mets)to make the playoffs. When you outspend your closest competitor by 100 mil just getting there means jack clark shit.

How about your dry spell from 1981 to 1996? WHere the payroll was always amongst the tops in the league, yet the Yanks could not draw flies to the stadium.

Be thankful for the extra division and WC round, it has made it easier for teams like the Yanks(and Sox for that matter and the mets)to make the playoffs. When you outspend your closest competitor by 100 mil just getting there means jack clark shit.

Just to rub it in :P

Since 1980.

since806ka.jpg

Just to rub it in :P

Since 1980.

since806ka.jpg

typical Yankee fan, live in the past. Thank god for that WC or no playoffs in 96(Cleveland better record old AL east team) 97(WC winner) 2000(Cleveland better)

I live in the present and presently the Yankees have gone 5 years with no titles despite an incerdibly bloated payroll in comparison to the rest of the majors and along the way let Bill Buckner off the hook as the biggest chokers in baseball history. But hey at least they got there. :LMAO:

typical Yankee fan, live in the past. Thank god for that WC or no playoffs in 96(Cleveland better record old AL east team) 97(WC winner) 2000(Cleveland better)

I live in the present and presently the Yankees have gone 5 years with no titles despite an incerdibly bloated payroll in comparison to the rest of the majors and along the way let Bill Buckner off the hook as the biggest chokers in baseball history. But hey at least they got there. :LMAO:

So 5 years makes up the present? That chart is SINCE 1980, meaning then and now, past and present. The numbers speak for themself.

Anyway, enough of this. I have much love for the Mets, but like I said, they're not my A team.

Maybe we can have another subway series again this year... :TU:

315 at bats

326 at bats

11 homeruns (out of 36!)

Just say no to SoriaNO.

Since Sori agreed to play the OF, it no longer matters, but you did fail to mention he his 104 rbi’s and the fact that he will bolster your lineup, making it hard to pitch around other hitters. Sure, he’s not a great fielder, but he’s certainly better than your alternative, and he’s there to play every day.

My main concern about Sori was his lack of hustle out of the box too often, but I would blame that on the manager. As far as his defense goes, he’s not as bad as you read in the papers. You’ll also read in the paper that Jeter is underrated. For all the flubs Sori makes, he also makes some good ones. I never heard Torre or the other Yankees complain about him.

Trade Wright for him? I’m sure the Mets aren’t that dumb, or maybe I shouldn’t be so sure. I still remember the Kaz for Sambrano trade. How about trading Diaz, and unloading Matsui, and then getting another Japanese player for the Japanese market?

Since Sori agreed to play the OF, it no longer matters, but you did fail to mention he his 104 rbi’s and the fact that he will bolster your lineup, making it hard to pitch around other hitters. Sure, he’s not a great fielder, but he’s certainly better than your alternative, and he’s there to play every day.

My main concern about Sori was his lack of hustle out of the box too often, but I would blame that on the manager. As far as his defense goes, he’s not as bad as you read in the papers. You’ll also read in the paper that Jeter is underrated. For all the flubs Sori makes, he also makes some good ones. I never heard Torre or the other Yankees complain about him.

Trade Wright for him? I’m sure the Mets aren’t that dumb, or maybe I shouldn’t be so sure. I still remember the Kaz for Sambrano trade. How about trading Diaz, and unloading Matsui, and then getting another Japanese player for the Japanese market?

If the Mets traded David Wright for Alfonso Soriano Shea Stadium would be burned to the ground. Makes NO SENSE, not from a baseball standpoint and certainly not from an economic standpoint. Soriano makes 10 mil, with 06 left on his deal, David Wright makes 375,000 and the Mets control his rights for 5 more years. That alone is why this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

If the Mets traded David Wright for Alfonso Soriano Shea Stadium would be burned to the ground. Makes NO SENSE, not from a baseball standpoint and certainly not from an economic standpoint. Soriano makes 10 mil, with 06 left on his deal, David Wright makes 375,000 and the Mets control his rights for 5 more years. That alone is why this WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

I agree, I'd just about give up the Mets if that were to happen.