SportsWrath

Mets (10-9) vs. Nationals (6-15) 7:10 PM

RandolphScott

I asked this in the other thread, and I'll ask it again...How bout Pagan at first?

I said that earlier in a post above. I don't think I have heard anyone mention this yet. There have been rumblings of Alou at first but he has yet to picked up a first basemen's mitt in extended Spring Training. I think we are stuck with Delgado.

Pagan has never played the infield, has never played 1B why should be assume he can?

Why do we think he can? Remember Mike Piazza?

Anyway, Pagan is what he is, a speed slap hitter nice 4th outfielder. His power production does not translate to 1b.

This idea of Alou is better and even thats a stretch, considering he is 41 and has never done it.

Why the kid gloves for Santana? Willie was on the fan and said he would pull him after 110 pitches, even though the bull pen needs a day off.

He should be out there this inning and hand it to Wags in the 9th

Best time to hand Duaner back the 8th :rock:

Thoughts...

I was at the game tonight in beautiful Nationals Stadium. I was shocked, SHOCKED I say(!), to see Castillo hit the ball to the outfield in two plate appearances in a row. Now that he knows he is capable of this, maybe he'll actually start swinging for the gap instead of those dribblers to third he does all the time. I'm going to hold out a little hope that Delgado will find his homerun swing again and will put up decent numbers....

ANOTHER game without a Met hitting a homerun. I think that is the achilles heal of this team, that they have a real power shortage. Beltran could help out with this when he starts to go deep. It was nice to see him break out of his slump tonight. He had some great swings.

There were A LOT of Mets fans at the stadium. At least as many Met fans as Nationals fans.

I'm wondering if Willie has now given Duaner the 8th inning back. He did it tonight in a game that was 5-2 in the 8th. I'm thinking he has and I am very happy about it. Of course Duaner got it done once again.

If we are not going to hit homeruns, then this team needs to focus on swiping a lot of bases. Reyes, Castillo, Pagan, Beltran, and Wright are all stolen base threats and they need to do it A LOT.

I actually feel ok about this team, once we get Alou back. I don't think they are just a mediocre team, but Castillo HAS to produce if he's going to be in that 2-hole. I think he is the key for this offense to go from ok or pretty good to great. When you think about it, we have been getting GREAT efforts from our starting pitchers, and our bullpen has been losing games for us. Now that Sanchez (hopefully) takes over the 8th, I think we are much better off and the bullpen will look a lot better.