SportsWrath

Goodbye Willy Jo....

fringe

Raiders sign Joseph

Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - The Oakland Raiders signed free agent defensive lineman William Joseph on Friday.

Joseph was a first-round draft choice of the New York Giants in 2003 and has played in 56 games, including 17 starts. Throughout his career, Joseph has recorded 74 tackles, seven sacks, two forced fumbles and six passes defended.

The Miami-Florida product was a member of the Giants squad that won Super Bowl XLII in February. Joseph saw action in the regular season opener before making his way to the injured reserve.

How does one "make his way" to IR?

What a wasted draft pick.

Oh and I can't help but say........I am not surprised the Raiders signed him. Seriously what is wrong with that team? It can't just be Al Davis, they are simply STUPID.

I remember when we drafted the guy and I started reading up on him. I was thinking "god dam him and Strahan are going to just wreck opposing O-lines".....so much for draft experts.

You were only one round off.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the title of this thread really says it well, Willy Joe was a first round draft choice that the fans never really got to know. He got off on the wrong foot with the fans before he ever touched the field by holding out from training camp as a rookie. Every body kept saying he was showing flashes of being a good DT, but thats all it ever was , flashes ..

I think the title of this thread really says it well, Willy Joe was a first round draft choice that the fans never really got to know. He got off on the wrong foot with the fans before he ever touched the field by holding out from training camp as a rookie. Every body kept saying he was showing flashes of being a good DT, but thats all it ever was , flashes ..

I can find something positive to say about first rounder Joseph. First rounder Ron Dayne was worse :cwy:

I can find something positive to say about first rounder Joseph. First rounder Ron Dayne was worse :cwy:

actually I think Dayne has had more plus days in the NFL than Joseph did, Dayne really seems to be having a decent career in Houston, at least better than anywhere else he's been, definitely can't say the same for Joseph, but who knows maybe he can turn his career around with the Raiders . ;)