SportsWrath

Giants seeking out DeAngelo Hall

NeMesiS

you would certainly know crazy so i must be. even so, i don't want this guy anywhere near us.

TC would his nuts in vice after the first fuck up. He would upgrade Dbs huge. You think Webster is going to play the way he has in the postseason? I don't. Webster is no where near his talent. PERIOD. . .

I was thinking the same thing. Rod Woodson went to a few Pro Bowls at safety too when he became too old/injured to be a corner. Hall would be a tremendous value with the 31st pick, IMO.

And hey... why hasn't "Shockey and a 5th" been tossed around yet? Atlanta just lost Crumpler.

Get the fuck out

And hey... why hasn't "Shockey and a 5th" been tossed around yet? Atlanta just lost Crumpler.

Atlanta is obviously tearing themselves down to rebuild for one thing. Another is if this involved Shockey, I dont think we would be in negotiations anymore.

Yeah, and Plax is lazy and belittles his QB.

This is where I think this could be a win/win situation with the Giants and Hall. Some times all that a player needs is a little change of scenery and a different vibe to surround himself with .

I am going in favor of Hall to the Giants. I mean our first round is going to be Either a CB/safety or a LBer anyway. If we grab up Hall and lose Wilson I feel that would be an upgrade but then again if we grab Hall and dont brake the bank it could put Wilson's monetary request in check. Therefore keeping him on the team

This is where I think this could be a win/win situation with the Giants and Hall. Some times all that a player needs is a little change of scenery and a different vibe to surround himself with .

I am going in favor of Hall to the Giants. I mean our first round is going to be Either a CB/safety or a LBer anyway. If we grab up Hall and lose Wilson I feel that would be an upgrade but then again if we grab Hall and dont brake the bank it could put Wilson's monetary request in check. Therefore keeping him on the team

I've kinda bought into the self policing thats gone on this year. I mean Plax really pulled a 180, and the entire team keeps themselves in check, and TC isn't the drill instructor he was. The whole "team" concept seems to be our way. I have very little doubt Hall would act grown up if he came here.

Couple of things I'd like to point out. Hall (and his current contract) would come to the Giants via trade. The Giants will not need to renegotiate that deal, although they conceivably could. So the Hall possible acquisition has nothing to do with what Gibril will get in a contract. Don't know why that is being talked about. Also, John Clayton reported that the 31st pick will not be enough to get Hall. I agree. Hall is one of the top 5 corners in football. Maybe top 3. The 31st pick is not enough value. So be prepared, and the debate should be centered around, the 31st pick and possibly a 3rd through 5th rounder... at minimum.

Carry on!

Lots of differing opinions on this one. Here is how I see it. We are the World Champions(my god that feels fucking great evertime I say, type or think it)and we have a unit here that really came together as one this season and seem to genuinely enjoy one another from the front office on down. Thats a good thing. We also have some guys here in Strahan and Pierce who run the show on defense. They do not take any bullshit(remember the Madison penalty in GB) and they have a very good working relationship with our head coach with the leadership council. Considering all that I have to assume that the Giants and their leaders, who should garner as much respect now throughout the league as any teams leaders could control whatever immature things that Hall has done. Remember he is still only 24, or a year younger than Aaron Ross.

Couple things I think have to occur for this to happen. Strahan must be comitted to staying. I believe that for whatever reason he became such a revered member of this team, nt only by his teammates but his head coach in particular. Coughlin had so many great things to say about him all year. Strahan is the rock that can no doubt tame a guy with a "reputation" like this.

We need to know who the safeties are. If it means no stability at safety then I say no. I cannot upgrade this spot at the expense of the safety position.

Madison is NOT and I repeat NOT a safety. Not only is he not big, he is nowhere near as physical a player to warrant a look at safety. McQuarters would be a better safety than Madison.

Lots of differing opinions on this one. Here is how I see it. We are the World Champions(my god that feels fucking great evertime I say, type or think it)and we have a unit here that really came together as one this season and seem to genuinely enjoy one another from the front office on down. Thats a good thing. We also have some guys here in Strahan and Pierce who run the show on defense. They do not take any bullshit(remember the Madison penalty in GB) and they have a very good working relationship with our head coach with the leadership council. Considering all that I have to assume that the Giants and their leaders, who should garner as much respect now throughout the league as any teams leaders could control whatever immature things that Hall has done. Remember he is still only 24, or a year younger than Aaron Ross.

Couple things I think have to occur for this to happen. Strahan must be comitted to staying. I believe that for whatever reason he became such a revered member of this team, nt only by his teammates but his head coach in particular. Coughlin had so many great things to say about him all year. Strahan is the rock that can no doubt tame a guy with a "reputation" like this.

We need to know who the safeties are. If it means no stability at safety then I say no. I cannot upgrade this spot at the expense of the safety position.

Madison is NOT and I repeat NOT a safety. Not only is he not big, he is nowhere near as physical a player to warrant a look at safety. McQuarters would be a better safety than Madison.

if you're saying that safety is a much bigger concern than corner. i agree 100%

I have a feeling if we get Hall we move Webster to safety.

I thought about that too... But I think they'll only do that if they can't land a proven Safety in case Wilson departs. Other than that I see Wilson and Johnson playing lights out next year (this year).

I'm on the fence with this one. I feel like we are set at CB with Web and Ross as starters, and Madison at the nickel. However, getting Hall for a 1st rounder, and maybe even a late rounder would make our defense that much better. I don't, however, like the idea you guys are kicking around about having one of our corners switching positions. I'd rather re-sign Gibril. Is this not likely to happen? We have the cap room. Somebody fill me in if I missed something. But Hall and Ross, with Web as the nickel would be an awesome set of corners. With our pass rush, we might lead the league in sacks AND INTs next year. As long as we keep Gibril, our defense will be solid next year either way.

If we do this deal, Madison should be gone. To me, Web's play has earned him a spot higher on the depth chart than Madison, and you don't keep a guy like Madison to be the 4th CB. Out of all of the candidates though, Madison would likely be the best suited to a move to safety, however, if that situation presents himself.

The Giants have a tough decision to make here. And unless Gibril is asking for the moon, the best option is to just re-sign him, and let Ross and Web stay there as starters. Then we can use our cap room for depth at offensive tackle and perhaps re-signing Kawicka Mitchell. This is the first season in a long, long time, that I haven't seen multiple glaring needs up and down the roster going into the offseason, and that's a credit to EA and Reese for the last 2 stellar drafts.

I don't know about everyone else but when talk about upgrading our Safety position, I'm refering the spot Butler is occupying. I have no doubt that Reese will try to resign Wilson to a nice contract.. not a stupid redskins-like contract.

Webster is a little small for safety, and he's not a great tackler. Fact is Ross would be better.

What about free safety? Imo you don't need to be a great tackler to play fs. But I think there are a few guys in the draft that would fit nice for us at SS.

Jamar Adams - pretty quick, great in coverage and blitzing. Needs to bulk up a bit, 6'2" 215 more or less, needs to get better against the run.

Josh Barrett - big 6'2" 230, fast 4.5. Good in coverage but can be beat bt PA and going for big hits. Good blitzer.

Both of those are mid round picks, but will probly be taken in the 3rd-4th.

Then there is Craig Steltz, ball hawk, good vs the run, great awareness good tackler. Not thebest athlete though. Probly late 2nd round pick.

What about free safety? Imo you don't need to be a great tackler to play fs. But I think there are a few guys in the draft that would fit nice for us at SS.

Jamar Adams - pretty quick, great in coverage and blitzing. Needs to bulk up a bit, 6'2" 215 more or less, needs to get better against the run.

Josh Barrett - big 6'2" 230, fast 4.5. Good in coverage but can be beat bt PA and going for big hits. Good blitzer.

Both of those are mid round picks, but will probly be taken in the 3rd-4th.

Then there is Craig Steltz, ball hawk, good vs the run, great awareness good tackler. Not thebest athlete though. Probly late 2nd round pick.

VG, one of the reason Will Demps was released had to do with his lousy tackling. Do we want that again?.

I've read that apparently 7 other teams have been in contact with the Falcons concerning Hall including everyone in our division. The Cowboy's are rumored to be pushing hard. I'm not sure if I like the idea of having to give up a 1st and 3rd rounder for Hall, I guess it's how good you think he is and while I think he's a good cb I also don't think he's top 5 either.

Also read in a newsday article that despite Trufant being tagged by the Seahawk's we may still try to trade for him though I imagine their asking price would be higher than the Falcon's for Hall.

According to a league source familiar with the Giants' situation, Trufant is on their radar as a potential acquisition once the trading period begins next Friday. Seattle has designated Trufant as their "franchise" player, meaning Seattle has virtually exclusive negotiating rights with him for the 2008 season. But that does not preclude them from making a trade. He is coming off his best season, with a career-high seven interceptions.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/gia...story?track=rss

VG, one of the reason Will Demps was released had to do with his lousy tackling. Do we want that again?.

I'm not advocating Web at safety, but instead if we can get Hall and can't land at least a promising prospect at one of the safety spots, then I could see webster at fs in a pinch. For a year possibly.

Plax fucked him up too. I just don't think Hall is that good.

No he didn't. That was Chris Houston.

Hall's a decent cover guy, and the second biggest playmaker in the league at CB behind Cromartie.

Put him with the pass rush we have his coverage skills look even better, and he gets more turnover oppurtunities.

I'm really mixed on this.

Webster is a little small for safety, and he's not a great tackler. Fact is Ross would be better.

Remember in week 3 we put Webster at safety for a half or so. I think the Giants are interested in what Corey has to offer in that position.

No he didn't. That was Chris Houston.

Hall's a decent cover guy, and the second biggest playmaker in the league at CB behind Cromartie.

Put him with the pass rush we have his coverage skills look even better, and he gets more turnover oppurtunities.

I'm really mixed on this.

I'm not. If we get him for a 1st rounder and something small next to it, it's a no brainer. We've been susciptable (sp) to the deep pass for years now. There are games when our pass rush isn't there. And we have the cap room to land 2 solid players.

I will now pay more attention to the Vilma thread.

Remember in week 3 we put Webster at safety for a half or so. I think the Giants are interested in what Corey has to offer in that position.

We drafted a rookie last year who showed a lot of promise in the limited time he was able to be on the field.